AAU Basketball

Guest bleed orange

Guest bleed orange

I know that racial bias rears its ugly head in every aspect of life...I just asked because the only thing that I have heard about the refs regarding how they called the rest of the game was that they didn't call a tight first half.  I would think that if he was calling racial calls then he would have done it more than the last play of regulation. 

To be honest I thought both ref's did a good job until the tech. Navasota led through out most of the game. He did not need to make a call or not make a call. It was a pretty clean ball game. It was the way he called the tech. If play was commencing on the court then yes he had a right to call the tech. That was not the case. The ball had not be made ready to play. The Navasota kids walked off the court because they thought the game was over. He knew what he was doing. He warned our coach which he had to then  gave us a tech with out letting the coach calm the girls down. I am sorry but that was premeditated. Plain and simple. I am done talking about this.

I know that racial bias rears its ugly head in every aspect of life...I just asked because the only thing that I have heard about the refs regarding how they called the rest of the game was that they didn't call a tight first half.  I would think that if he was calling racial calls then he would have done it more than the last play of regulation. 

To be honest I thought both ref's did a good job until the tech. Navasota led through out most of the game. He did not need to make a call or not make a call. It was a pretty clean ball game. It was the way he called the tech. If play was commencing on the court then yes he had a right to call the tech. That was not the case. The ball had not be made ready to play. The Navasota kids walked off the court because they thought the game was over. He knew what he was doing. He warned our coach which he had then  gave us a tech with out letting the coach calm the girls down. I am sorry but that was premeditated. Plain and simple. I am done talking about this.

Welllllllllllll...I'll input this...the little girl who made the last 3 shots for OF, PERSONALLY told me herself, that the ref that called the T on OF said he didn't like the call the other ref made that put OF up by 1 and that he laughed when he called the T on OF.  If that isn't retaliation, I don't know what is.

BTW, we've switched topics again AND I've decided to host a dinner party and have Bobcat and Stang as guests of honor. 

I think I was the first one who commented on bobcat4life and all I said was names did not need to be put out there.  Very simple.  I have never questioned the good that he does for all the kids reading these endless threads it seams he does alot of good for our youth.  Notice I said our youth.  Thank you because hopefully the children will return it on day.  The only thing I disagreed with was using a name.  The child or the child's family may know where the help came from and I am sure the family was grateful.  But what about other kids who read this thread.  The point I was trying to make is sometimes kids can be cruel.

Well GE, after you posted that to be honest with you I wasn't a 100% sure that is who it was so that is why I called just so I could clarify if I was wrong.  I know it was 2 girls from Silsbee who went and played.  If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it, because the point is still the same, I am not a person who helps OF kids only.  I will say this, I watched Ms. Green play last year against my daughter.  She is a great player and by everything I have ever heard or seen she is just as good of a person.  No matter where anyone stands, (or lives) she is the type of kid that makes your community proud.  I want to be clear that I never, ever one time meant to be disparaging towards ANY player. I thought I was clear on it earlier.  And Stang.... oh Stang..... I have coached numerous kids from WOS.... but I understand there is a surgery for chips to be removed from your shoulder.....I'll get the number for you...

I'm glad you clarified that. She is a great kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder