Who Has The Strongest Little League This Year?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say this but,  it looks like Nederlands Little League is going to dominate this area.  Bridge City will just have to pull Orange in to compete.

i dont think bc has to pull in orange to compete... it looks like ned had to join forces to compete with bc.jmo

pound for pound groves national gets my vote.they have to compete with groves american for players and play little leagues 2 or 3 times there size.i dont live in groves but have friends there and really respect the job they do.not knocking any other league but ill take the them boys from 'da groves  anytime.

Nederland hasn't impressed me so far. I was very suprised to see the younger all star teams 8, 9, 10 so far from Ned not be all that impressive. I thought with them combining that they would smoke just about everyone. I did hear that they had issues this year between Ned North and Ned South people when combining. I was told that alot of the kids played select instead of league ball or the select kids weren't allowed to play. I DON'T know this for sure, but I'm curious from the Nederland people if some of this is true. If the two Groves leagues combined there would be issues too I imagine.

Guest bbguru01

Nederland hasn't impressed me so far. I was very suprised to see the younger all star teams 8, 9, 10 so far from Ned not be all that impressive. I thought with them combining that they would smoke just about everyone. I did hear that they had issues this year between Ned North and Ned South people when combining. I was told that alot of the kids played select instead of league ball or the select kids weren't allowed to play. I DON'T know this for sure, but I'm curious from the Nederland people if some of this is true. If the two Groves leagues combined there would be issues too I imagine.

BC is strong,but Ned is pretty darn good too.

Guest gladiator2

I don't know but one 12yr old that played select this year from Ned. and he is the best 12 year old around. They have about 6 very good pitchers and they have 3 more that are very good. That should have been a much better game but due to 3 errors in the 2nd inning it got ugly. FHWS has some good pitcher's, they threw just about everyone (20 pitches) but one for sure. What was bad was an intentional walk turned into 3 runs after Weisbrod reached across the plate and the 1st baseman misplayed the ball and then they started throwing the ball around. The Bishop kid threw a good game. All that I can say is you don't let Weisbrod beet you and I was told before the game that they knew how to pitch to him and his 1st at bat he hits a dinger. Especially over at NN you have to be careful because a pop fly is a HR, it is a shame that teams have to go and play in that little box. It is a nice field but when 9 and 10 yr. olds are hitting HR'S than you know it is too small. That team also has some very big boys. 10 out of the 13 kid's that are on that NN team are from Nedeland South. I heard the same thing last night that they had a lot of problems throughout the year but I also heard that about Groves and they did not have to merge 2 leagues, so call it LL baseball. It is everywhere. I did hear from someone who left this area that went to  FHWS this season, they could not believe how smooth everything goes over in their league.

Guest bbguru01

What was the score of the NLL and FHWS 10 yr. old game last night????

FHWS 8 Nederland 7

I heard that was a good one..

alot of good talent  from all leagues

Guest bigbaddog

Nederland will dominate this year with FHWS coming in second. They have  their select team back playing LL this year. Groves is very weak this year (I don't mean any disrespect by this statement). I've been to BC,PN,Groves,Nederland, and PN and hands down Nederland by far is the best group of kids.

groves very weak ? they won last night against your prediction fhws

Nederland will dominate this year with FHWS coming in second. They have  their select team back playing LL this year. Groves is very weak this year (I don't mean any disrespect by this statement). I've been to BC,PN,Groves,Nederland, and PN and hands down Nederland by far is the best group of kids.

groves very weak ? they won last night against your prediction fhws

Groves defeated FHWS 5-4 in 9 innings.

Guest gladiator2

That was a true statement, against my predictions. I told everyone that I was wrong a lot. Don't think that I was not rooting for Groves but I just did not see them beating FHWS,BC, or Ned. I know they have some very good player's on that team but I thought that the lack of depth would hurt. It just goes to show you that the city of Groves has a lot talent with several kid's playing select instead of LL. Good Luck Groves!! 

• 1 year later...
[quote name="XDOG" post="347594" timestamp="1204862375"]
I DONT REMEMBER ABOUT THE 10 YEAR OLDS BUT BC LAST YEAR WON THE 8 AND 9 YEAR OLD ALLSTARS. YOUR COMMENT ABOUT BC NOT ABLE TO COMPETE IS PRETTY BOLD. BOTH SIDES HAVE GOOD PLAYERS I THINK ITS WHOEVER SHOWS UP AND PLAYS THEIR GAME.
[/quote] Groves National won the 8 years in 2009

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="ndndad" post="762059" timestamp="1266525416"]
I would like to correct xdog. Groves won the 8yr old allstars last year. We beat bc at our place in round one, lost to Ned, and beat Ned in the championship at there place. Our 9yr old group isn't all that strong, but i think our 8's will be very tough.
[/quote]

Groves beat BC cause of some home cooking officiating and BC third base coach sending the kids to the slaughter at home. BC got zero calls at the plate as safe.

But the kids did hit a shot to right field to win the game. So congrads to him.

• 2 weeks later...
When these leagues combine or take in other players from another association it does make the talent pool larger in regards to picking all-stars.  What's really tough is explaining to a kid that was an all-star last year why he's not one this year. Growth sure can stir up a NEST can't it?

I don't think that "strongest" LL should mean which one has the best team.  Obviously, some communities have advantages over others in terms of population.  And, I would not include Select programs in answering the question posted (as they provide a different service).  So, to get back to the discussion, I am continually amazed at the organization and level of activity at BCLL.  I am from Vidor and play in PONY but I have been around enough people from the different communities (and inside baseball).  They appear to do a good job servicing the advanced players as well as all the others.  And, don't forget, "all the others" are who pay the bills.

Remember, most of these kids playing will spend most of their life appreciating baseball, not necessarily playing it.  So, what league is doing the best job of teaching the game such that all the boys can appreciate the sport?  There are way more boys that fit into that category than who fit into the competitive category.  I know I want my boys to, first and foremost, develop a love for the game and also learn the fundamentals and be good ballplayers.  But, I will settle for the former if I had to pick only one (I would rather my son love the game and be average than be great and hate it).  Since I love the game, I want to have the opportunities to watch with my boys.  So...forget about the score sometimes and teach your kids about Kirk Gibson's walkoff (we let our boys act it out).  Let them practice "the catch" by Say Hey. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder