ANYONE READY FOR BASEBALL?

TLB0

I've seen plenty of parents bragging on their kids basketball after failed attempts at baseball.  What's the big deal?     I'm glad their kid found something they are good at.

I use to play baseball and made the all-stars in little league/pony league. Baseball is okay. Basketball definitely has a higher skill level to obtain and far more challenging :P

Go tell that to Michael Jordon.   :P:D ::)   Best basketball player of all time. Couldn't hit, weak arm, average fielder. 

Mike stopped playing ball for years. If he had continued playing ball, he may have done better. But I was also referring to youth baseball. I'm just saying baseball is a good sport for those kids who are not as athletic to play the more serious sports ;D

I don't watch pro basketball. It's too boring. My only point to this thread is that I get tired of you baseball parents bragging on your sorry little sons about how good they are. It's the kid's last hope because he's not good in other sports. Just watch the game and have fun before you fall to sleep in the stands ;D

I know what your point was. Because you played basketball, and your sons play basketball(which you mention every chance you get-get over it)that every one should love basketball and if they don't, then they must be no good.  That's fine, I just don't know why it annoys you when parents brag on their kids that play baseball  ??? ???  That's how this got started.

I know what your point was. Because you played basketball, and your sons play basketball(which you mention every chance you get-get over it)that every one should love basketball and if they don't, then they must be no good.   That's fine, I just don't know why it annoys you when parents brag on their kids that play baseball  ??? ???   That's how this got started.

Wow! Not one time have I brought out any discussion about my kids and basketball on this thread. And I don't think I mentioned that I played basketball ( or did I?), but I did say I played baseball. So I don't think there is anything for me to get over. But back to the conversation.  I really do like youth baseball. I just wish it would start in the June and end in July ;D

Yes , Spring is the best time of year!!! Basketball is something to do while its cold and rainy out.

Baseball is the game of skill and intelligence. There is nothing more difficult in sports than to learn to hit a fastball. It takes years to develop the skills needed to compete at a high level in baseball. There is no way a child who has never played baseball to start playing at 11 or 12 and be able to compete with the boys who have been playing since t ball. On the other hand basketball is a more pure athletic game , skills can be picked up easily.I know a very athletic child who had never picked up a basket ball until 11yo and has developed into 2nd best player on his team in one season. NO WAY THATS HAPPENING IN BASEBALL, no matter how athletic the child is.So Baseball is the sport for the highly skilled , intelligent and athletic child , whereas in basketball you can get by with just the athletic part.

Yes , Spring is the best time of year!!! Basketball is something to do while its cold and rainy out.

Baseball is the game of skill and intelligence. There is nothing more difficult in sports than to learn to hit a fastball. It takes years to develop the skills needed to compete at a high level in baseball. There is no way a child who has never played baseball to start playing at 11 or 12 and be able to compete with the boys who have been playing since t ball. On the other hand basketball is a more pure athletic game , skills can be picked up easily.I know a very athletic child who had never picked up a basket ball until 11yo and has developed into 2nd best player on his team in one season. NO WAY THATS HAPPENING IN BASEBALL, no matter how athletic the child is.So Baseball is the sport for the highly skilled , intelligent and athletic child , whereas in basketball you can get by with just the athletic part.

Wow! At least I have the experience of playing both sports and can compare the two. Both are skill sports. But as far as youth sports, you can hide little Johnny in right field and place him 8th in the batting order to hide his lack of skills, and it won't hurt the team as much.  Momma and daddy still thiniking Little Johnny is the star of the team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder