Lamar at Nicholls State Predictions?

Guest abovetherim

Agree, Nicholls State is hard to beat at home. If LU stays focused they get out of Louisiana with a W. It will be a close game. I'll take the Cardinals < 8 over Nicholls.

If they can win there I see a really good crowd next Saturday.

Guest coachacola

With only 500 or so fans at the game how can Lamar be motivated to play as hard as they can?  Lack of game atmosphere might make it harder to Lamar to win.

Lamar made a believer out of me on the last road trip. Wins ate UCA and at NW St. were impressive. Then, they followed it up with a pounding at home of McNeese. I think if the Cards are focused, then they will win this game by 5-10 points. Winning on the road is about confidence, now that we have won our last 2 on the road the confidence should be there. It was nice to get the monkey off our back and win a few road games. Now it is time to start a streak. I think we are a better team than Nicholls and home floor is the only thing they have going for them in this one. I think Lamar continues their recent hot streak and wins by 7!! Go Cards!! If we can win this game, then it would not surprise me if we had 7k-8k at the next home game. What a great atmosphere that would be!

I still don't trust this team to get it done on the road.  I know they have won 2 in a row on the road, but how many had they lost in a row on the road before that.  This is exactly the kind of game the guys could look past.  A struggling team in Nicholls, looking ahead to coming home for Saturday's game, very little atmosphere in Hammond.  Just a lot of bad vibes there and I would not at all be surprised if the Cards struggle tonight.

Again, I hope I am wrong like I was the last road game, but until this team shows that it can consistently compete on the road, I don't trust them.

Ruck--Nicholls is in Thibodeaux (which has less atmoshphere than Hammond  :D)  This game looks like a trap game.  A game against a 1-6 team in your conference is one you should win no matter where it is played.  If LU is going to win the conference they will take care of business tomorrow night.  If they trip up it could have long lasting effects the rest of the year.  Here's to Coach Roc keeping the ball rolling.  Cards by 12.

This Nicholls team did beat SFA at home... so i mean i would love a blowout, but how this team has played every single game since the game i saw them at Tech, they have played hard every single game. I mean we have lost 1 game since Tech and that was to SFA by 6 points. I think we'll win this one just not sure how close it'll be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty