West Brook Will Play Katy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably a lot of 21-5a teams will be playing teams in that katy district seeing that they both need 5 nondistrict games and teh rest of the surrounding area only needs 4 or less.....

when i was a freshman in highschool (1999) Baytown Sterling went to Katy and played them...in the most improbable game I have ever witness and probably ever will witness the Rangers beat Tigers 28-25 to end some ridiculous 35 game regular season winning streak...only other game Katy lost that year was the state championship game, Sterling which for once had a decent team still managed to go 6-4, beat the state runner up, and stay home come playoff time...weird year, but that game was unbelievable...

West Brook

1. Ozen

2. Central

3. Westfield

4. Aldine Eisenhower

5. Katy

Sorry guys, I've been in Jamaica for the last week......HOLY S__T! What a preseason we will have next year. IF we can go 4-1, or even 3-2 in the preseason against those teams, we should have a cake walk through the district. Way to go Coach Stump....you cant be one of the big dogs if you dont play with them! WOW.....I'm still in shock at that preseason schedule. I cant wait until the season starts.

OK, this is the way I see the preseason going down.

1) Ozen-The Panthers have a decent offensive line, but not much other than that. Bruins should roll fairly easily in that one.

2) Central-The Jaguars still have all the talent in the world, but the coaching is still a little green, IMO. With C Louis calling the offense at the line based on what the defense looks like, there's not going to be too many defenses that can keep up with our fast paced offense. West Brook should have no problem with the Jags......sorry, Soulja!

3) Spring Westfield-ahhhhhh the Mighty Mustangs. I dont know how many returning starters they have, but I know they went four or five rounds deep in the playoffs last season and they are always good. However, the Bruins had them beat last season, and if it weren't for some cheating calls by the officials, the Bruins would have won. WB played with them last year, but I think we'll beat them this year in a close game.

4) Aldine Eisenhower-It's been several seasons since the Bruins have played the Eagles (I think 1997 in the Quarterfinals). Ike always seems to put quality teams on the field, and I expect this year to be no different. I dont know much about their returning squad for next year, but I think WB will be able to play with just about anyone in the state. I think WB could win this one.

5) Katy-well, we're finally gonna get to play the Tigers some place other than the playoffs. Although WB did not play Katy last season, we played and lost to a good Clements team that lost to Katy in the Quarterfinals. I believe we would have done better against the Tigers than Clements did. I dont think we would have beaten the Tigers, but it would have been closer than the 60-plus point loss that the Rangers took. Next year's Katy team will not be as good as this year's squad was, but they will be good nonetheless. I think if WB can keep it close for three quarters, we should be in good shape for district play. Who knows, we might actually suprise the defending State Champions and come out with a win. Based on what the district looks like, there's a good chance WB will go Div. I in the playoffs, and wont see Katy later in the season. I, along with alot of others of you would love to see WB win this one, but I dont know if we're there yet.

21-5A competition is going to come down to West Brook and North Shore for the District title. Both the Bruins and the Mustangs have scheduled to play Katy and Aldine Eisenhower in their preseason matchups. The Bruins have the task of trying to knock off Spring Westfield in another non-district game, while NS will take on the Dragons of SL Carroll in a preseason game. These two district foes will be trading punches with some of the premier teams in the state in the preseason. That should make for a great District title matchup when they finally play. Here is NS's preseason schedule with last year's final records:

Week 0-Katy (16-0)

Week 1-Aldine Eisenhower (8-4)

Week 2-Cy Falls (9-3)

Week 3-LaMarque (who cares)

Week 4-SL Carroll (11-2)

Week 5-open

Week 6-10 District play

West Brook's preseason is just as impressive:

Week 0-Ozen

Week 1-Central

Week 2-Spring Westfield (11-2)

Week 3-Aldine Eisenhower (8-4)

Week 4-Katy (16-0)

Week 5-open

Week 6-10 District play

Should make for a very interesting season in 21-5A! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder