Who Has The Best Looking Uniforms In SE Texas?

Personally' date=' I think they should put Yosemittee Sam on their helmets. They play like looney toons anyway.[/quote']

It's funny that you say that cause silsbee didn't start winning until they moved down to 3A and from what i hear the last time yall played lumberton yall got smoked

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was wrong with lumbertons other logo??

737077087_s.gif

I liked it. :?

It is too cluttered. Good looking helmets are simple yet effective. When you put too much on a helmet' date=' it looks like nothing more than a multi-colored blob on the field. A helmet that you have to hold in your hand in order to see the design is not a good helmet emblem.

Helmets like Dayton, PN-G, Nederland, Vidor, WO-S, etc., have simple designs but it represents their team or community. Color scheme goes a long way, especially when copying know helmets such as and the Indianapolis Colts. Sometimes teams use a helmet from a college or pro team but change the colors. Sometimes it looks better but often worse when they try to mate the emblem to established team colors.

Originality also helps as long as it is simple. Helmets like PN-G or WO-S come to mind. They show their colors and school name without cluttering the helmet so much as to render it useless on a football field.

Lumberton's new helmet is a little better, but still not up there with the better helmets in the district. While the design itself is quite well done, it doesn't lend itself very well on the side of a helmet.

Here is the link for the 4A Helmet Bowl-2006. You will see that most of the helmets that won are simple, especially the state champion, Corsicana. Nederland won the best helmet in 22-4A but the raters did mention that 22-4A might be the best helmet district in the state.

[url']http://texasfootball.com/doc_lib/4A_tx_helmet_bowl.pdf

I picked up Vidor and Deweyville today. Both have Tampa Bay logos, Deweyville has a red flag outlined in white on a red helmet, but they might be blank for a couple of weeks, the original decals were way to big. Vidor has black helmets with a gold TB logo, there are also gold Tennessee Titan stripes. I'll have pics tomorrow.

It is too cluttered. Good looking helmets are simple yet effective. When you put too much on a helmet' date=' it looks like nothing more than a multi-colored blob on the field. A helmet that you have to hold in your hand in order to see the design is not a good helmet emblem.

Helmets like Dayton, PN-G, Nederland, Vidor, WO-S, etc., have simple designs but it represents their team or community. Color scheme goes a long way, especially when copying know helmets such as and the Indianapolis Colts. Sometimes teams use a helmet from a college or pro team but change the colors. Sometimes it looks better but often worse when they try to mate the emblem to established team colors.

Originality also helps as long as it is simple. Helmets like PN-G or WO-S come to mind. They show their colors and school name without cluttering the helmet so much as to render it useless on a football field.

Lumberton's new helmet is a little better, but still not up there with the better helmets in the district. While the design itself is quite well done, it doesn't lend itself very well on the side of a helmet.

Here is the link for the 4A Helmet Bowl-2006. You will see that most of the helmets that won are simple, especially the state champion, Corsicana. Nederland won the best helmet in 22-4A but the raters did mention that 22-4A might be the best helmet district in the state.

[url']http://texasfootball.com/doc_lib/4A_tx_helmet_bowl.pdf

I agree. I was wondering why they completely abandoned that logo though. The helmet should go back to being just the interlocking LR. That logo could be used for other things.

But they can't stick with one over in bear country. It seems like they change every single year. One year it's "Bears" on the helmet, then it's a picture of a bear, then it's the descending LCM. Eventually, they'll go back to the Michigan helmets, which would actually be better than the more recent ones. I don't think we can stick the bears in there until they settle on a design.

We had 2 bad season's in 4a our last 2 yrs...so what before that silsbee has made playoffs plenty of times. Lumberton hasnt even made the play-offs in 4a.

OR any A for that fact. How can anyone from Lumberton even talk about Silsbee in a negative way? The best season L-town ever had was 8-2 and they didnt make the playoffs 1995 i think!

But they can't stick with one over in bear country. It seems like they change every single year. One year it's "Bears" on the helmet' date=' then it's a picture of a bear, then it's the descending LCM. Eventually, they'll go back to the Michigan helmets, which would actually be better than the more recent ones. I don't think we can stick the bears in there until they settle on a design.[/quote']

Can we get some pics of the LCM unis past and present.

OR any A for that fact. How can anyone from Lumberton even talk about Silsbee in a negative way? The best season L-town ever had was 8-2 and they didnt make the playoffs 1995 i think!

Going to the playoffs was not even the subject here the whole point is you said we play like looney tunes when these looney tunes have beat yall in the past and beat yall last night

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu