Buick Invitational

because there are so many sports, with so many great athletes... do you go with someone who's a great olympian, a champion decathlete?  (Tom Pappas) do you go with the best quarterback (Tom Brady) or running back (Willie Parker)?  do you go with a great soccer player (Kaká), who can run for 90 minutes straight while doing things with his feet that nobody else in the world can do?  what about the best point guard (Jason Kidd), who can dribble, pass, and shoot as well as anyone else while playing a full game without a sub.  maybe you can even argue for the world's fastest man (Asafa Powell) .  if you picked anybody who fit into any one of these categories, i probably wouldn't try to dispute you.  the fact that you've picked a highly skilled athlete, who dominates his sport would normally make me agree with you as well.  the problem is that you've picked a sport where the athlete doesn't have to do anything more physically exerting than walk a mile or two over several hours while swinging a long stick at a ball that isn't even moving.  that's not all that athletic in my opinion.  what tiger woods does is amazing.  his skill level is beyond that of anyone in the history of golf, and his mental edge is staggering.  i agree that he is the most skilled athlete in the world.  he's arguably the most dominant athlete in the world at his sport.  i just don't think he's the best athlete in the world.  i don't have to name one in particular to state that opinion.  i feel that the top pros in several sports are better athletes than him.  there are athletes in every sport who can run faster, jump higher, and hit harder than him.  there are athletes in every sport who could probably beat him at every sport outside of golf.  how is he a better athlete than them? 

Bullett13, you make some points but, these are some of the current record holders and disputed best in their sports. Tiger still has my vote.

An Athlete to alot of people is a person who excells at more than one sport including a contact sport. Could Tiger play the rough sport of Football? Could he play in the NBA or MLB?

Coop, Michael Jordan was probably the best athlete ever. He loved the game of golf and was pretty good. He actually entered a PGA tournament by exemption, he came in dead last of 172 golfers and didn't even make the cut.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin