Boutte vs. Sutherland

this thread is dumb every one that is an ozen fan is going to say boutte and everyone that is an hj fan is going to choose sutherland both are great lets just leave it at that

what about the 80% of the forum that isn't a fan of either.  there was a lot of talk on this subject in a couple of other threads, so why not have a thread for the discussion, instead of taking away from other threads that are unrelated/loosely related.  also, you'll notice that i've asked posters to include why they chose the coach that they did, which will open discussion up about them.  this way each will have a chance to plead their case.

Guest DickVitale

Well, it all depends actually on what you are looking for.  Both are great coaches and great people, but if you were going to open up a school, for example, in the west end of Port Arthur where Lincoln used to be, Boutte is the obvious choice.  If I were starting a new school around Sour Lake, or somewhere in Hardin Co. on the other hand, then my first call would be to Todd. Its all relative, but either way you would not lose. 

Well, it all depends actually on what you are looking for.  Both are great coaches and great people, but if you were going to open up a school, for example, in the west end of Port Arthur where Lincoln used to be, Boutte is the obvious choice.  If I were starting a new school around Sour Lake, or somewhere in Hardin Co. on the other hand, then my first call would be to Todd. Its all relative, but either way you would not lose.   

Haha.. i don't know man... Coach Sutherland can hold his own in the PA, too. Before Kountze i heard he coached in Compton for 4 years.

Get your facts straight.  Sutherland started his career in Harlem in 1966.  He went 22-3 and won the city championship.  From there, he went to south Detroit and won the Detroit International League.  He then coached in Utah for several years and won the MAIA league.  (Mormon Athletes in Action)  So get your facts straight.  He can coach anywhere.  Few people know that he took a Pygmy tribe to the ATL championships.  (African Tribal League)  A coach is a coach.

well i have the unique insight of playing for boutte and having gone to southerland basketball camp (x and o )its a wash its only so much u can do on the court .boutte stresses defense a little more and southerland offensive is run and gun skip pass to the corners other than that philosophies the same take good shots keep turn overs down hit the open man.press break about the same hit the middle break the press. other than skin color whats the diff setx grow up its a big world out there.

Now THAT was a racist post. African Tribal League? What is that about?

for god sakes dickie v why did you have to bring race into this.  He mentioned the mormans and that didnt bother anyone!!!!!!!!!  It was a joke!

Guest nostradamus
Get your facts straight.  Sutherland started his career in Harlem in 1966.  He went 22-3 and won the city championship.  From there, he went to south Detroit and won the Detroit International League.  He then coached in Utah for several years and won the MAIA league.  (Mormon Athletes in Action)  So get your facts straight.  He can coach anywhere.  Few people know that he took a Pygmy tribe to the ATL championships.  (African Tribal League)  A coach is a coach.

That right there is hilarious...........I miss you man!!!

Now THAT was a racist post. African Tribal League? What is that about?

for god sakes dickie v why did you have to bring race into this.  He mentioned the mormans and that didnt bother anyone!!!!!!!!!  It was a joke!

Hmm? I thought Morman was a prophet and also a religious based organization and not a race of people?       

I like to have fallen out of my chair reading this!!!! This is hilarious......the Morman Athletes in Action part was priceless!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin