Liberty Job Open/Down To 2!!!!!/LIBERTY HIRES!!

setxguru

I have nothing against sattler. Sorry, I spoke what I heard, not something I knew. I just think Liberty needs the best man for the job no matter who it is. But anyone who is involved with Liberty knows it has always been about the boys! Something has to change! Best of luck men!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my source in Liberty. The Sup is adament about deemphasizing Football. She doesn't think a Football offseason is necessary. The guys who wanted the job no better. They got the hell out of the running fast. You people in Liberty might need to go talk with Coach Stewart in Dayton to see if off-season is important. You might even think about questioning your board to let a woman decide about your football program that doesn't care much about it.

According to my source in Liberty. The Sup is adament about deemphasizing Football. She doesn't think a Football offseason is necessary. The guys who wanted the job no better. They got the heck out of the running fast. You people in Liberty might need to go talk with Coach Stewart in Dayton to see if off-season is important. You might even think about questioning your board to let a woman decide about your football program that doesn't care much about it.

she wont be sup long if thats the case...someone would be stupid to de-emphasize football on purpose in texas, great way to get yourself fired....

Rest assured Liberty will screw it up, they will probably pass on Nations and hire one of them local boys, it would not surprise me if Douglas was hired

Theres nothing wrong with liberty's field, its the same one i played on in 1975 thru 1980, i didn't include my 7th grade, i think they let us walk across it once that year ;D

According to my source in Liberty. The Sup is adamant about reemphasizing Football. She doesn't think a Football offseason is necessary. The guys who wanted the job no better. They got the heck out of the running fast. You people in Liberty might need to go talk with Coach Stewart in Dayton to see if off-season is important. You might even think about questioning your board to let a woman decide about your football program that doesn't care much about it.

I heard the same thing last week about the Supid and your right you guys need to get on the phone with the board QUICK. We have a principle over  here that would luv to do the same thing. I think they call them EDUCRATS.

I heard that Douglas has been offered that job, any truth to this?  I hear that he is always in Liberty now and around that fieldhouse. I know both Douglas and Chad Taylor and I find it hard to know that Douglas would get it over Chad.  Nothing against Douglas, but he has only been coaching for about 5 years and has never been a coordinator.  Both guys are quality individuals, but I don't see either one getting it because the board will have a hard time choosing between the two, therefore they will probably cancel each other out and someone else will get it.  That is ashame!  Knowing that they have already offered it to another coach, who would want it.

Do not take the fact that any coach is around the school as a sign that they have been offered anything.  I do know that the school has invited several of the applicants over to the school to show them around.

I do not know Mr. Douglass - but I have heard from several people on this site and in Liberty area that he has not been certified at this time - It this true?  If so I do not think he would be offered the job. ???

I heard that they narrowed it down to two...but they really wernt sure who they wanted to go with so they made Douglas and Taylor play paper rock siccors....turns out that Douglas forgot how to play and Tayor thought rock beat paper....so they decided it was a draw and nobody won.......THE END.

PantherPlaya09, sounds like you must be a hometown guy that didn't even make it into the cut at all. Evidently you do not know either one of these men, because they both have more class than you and your rude comment! As well, you need to learn how to use spell check!

Only 5 pep rallies? That ought to really keep the spirit going! That is CRAZY! Hardin did that until they got a new GREAT coach. A coach that has the kids best interest at heart. Liberty? What is everyone thinking? If anything, add more pep rallies.... baseball, basketball, softball, volley ball, etc. All the kids deserve the support of the student body, teachers and the community!

Liberty is already changing, I heard today they are only going to allow 5 pep rallies next year. Only for the home games. How many other schools have this rule?

Bro hate to admit but Huffman is right there with you may explain the 5-15 record over the last two years.

Stop the speculation! Teaching is not like your factory jobs!  You can go on-line to sbec.com and find ANY teacher in the state of Texas certification.  You just have to type in first and last name. By the way, double D is CERTIFIED.

You're sure right about that. The 'factory jobs' pay much better.

I hope everyone understands that I was not knocking the factory jobs.  I am in sales, and people can not got to a sales sight and find my qualifications either.  Remember last year when the paper posted how many times each teacher had taken the test and how many times they failed it.

Stop the speculation! Teaching is not like your factory jobs!  You can go on-line to sbec.com and find ANY teacher in the state of Texas certification.  You just have to type in first and last name. By the way, double D is CERTIFIED.

Great post.  All of these button pusher "football gurus" crack me up.

Great post.  All of these button pusher "football gurus" crack me up.

Not that I'm a guru... but just because you're not a current player or coach doesn't mean you don't know anything about football.... teaching certification, maybe.... but not football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics