WOSdrummer99 Posted 8 hours ago Report Posted 8 hours ago Im sick of paying for access to content on sites and every separate streaming service thats in use. Not just DCTF but local newspapers and Astros playoff games too. When will they realize internet and apps should be like radio. Nobody ever paid for that. Elon will make internet free for the entire world as soon as they have enough starlinks up. How? By selling ad space. Have a banner across the bottom at all times showing sponsors. Oh and while I'm on my soapbox. All public school broadcast should student produced like PNG. And be free for anyone paying taxes to that district. My taxes already funded the schools cameras and production equipment. And the bonds paid for the stadium, turf, locker rooms, indoor weight rooms, press box, and soon to be covered practice fields. But yet they still need my $9 to watch what I've already paid for. AggiesAreWe and RETIREDFAN1 1 1 Quote
RETIREDFAN1 Posted 6 hours ago Report Posted 6 hours ago 1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said: Im sick of paying for access to content on sites and every separate streaming service thats in use. Not just DCTF but local newspapers and Astros playoff games too. When will they realize internet and apps should be like radio. Nobody ever paid for that. Elon will make internet free for the entire world as soon as they have enough starlinks up. How? By selling ad space. Have a banner across the bottom at all times showing sponsors. Oh and while I'm on my soapbox. All public school broadcast should student produced like PNG. And be free for anyone paying taxes to that district. My taxes already funded the schools cameras and production equipment. And the bonds paid for the stadium, turf, locker rooms, indoor weight rooms, press box, and soon to be covered practice fields. But yet they still need my $9 to watch what I've already paid for. AMEN Quote
AggiesAreWe Posted 6 hours ago Report Posted 6 hours ago 1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said: Im sick of paying for access to content on sites and every separate streaming service thats in use. Not just DCTF but local newspapers and Astros playoff games too. When will they realize internet and apps should be like radio. Nobody ever paid for that. Elon will make internet free for the entire world as soon as they have enough starlinks up. How? By selling ad space. Have a banner across the bottom at all times showing sponsors. Oh and while I'm on my soapbox. All public school broadcast should student produced like PNG. And be free for anyone paying taxes to that district. My taxes already funded the schools cameras and production equipment. And the bonds paid for the stadium, turf, locker rooms, indoor weight rooms, press box, and soon to be covered practice fields. But yet they still need my $9 to watch what I've already paid for. I completely agree with your sentiment towards how things have become as far as access. It's why we are doing everything possible to keep this website free (even though it does cost money to run) and keep our broadcasts free (those have costs as well). Many folks are like you. They have grown tired of being nickeled and dimed for everything. I understand there are costs to everything. Jordan and I have even discussed having a premium sub here just to help curb costs. Or at least have a donate function to help make ends meet. Right now the only revenue is ads here on the site and ads for our broadcasts, Jordan did away with the ad agency stuff he had here on the site because it was creating more issues than money. Just decided to have ads from local businesses. But that really isn't enough. Each year past we find ourselves here growing closer and closer to some sort of subscript type site. Just can't afford to stay free forever without some outside revenue. I'm afraid it's inevitable. We have worked hard to stay free for 21 years. Hoping we can continue. Quote
Matthew328 Posted 3 hours ago Author Report Posted 3 hours ago 2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said: I completely agree with your sentiment towards how things have become as far as access. It's why we are doing everything possible to keep this website free (even though it does cost money to run) and keep our broadcasts free (those have costs as well). Many folks are like you. They have grown tired of being nickeled and dimed for everything. I understand there are costs to everything. Jordan and I have even discussed having a premium sub here just to help curb costs. Or at least have a donate function to help make ends meet. Right now the only revenue is ads here on the site and ads for our broadcasts, Jordan did away with the ad agency stuff he had here on the site because it was creating more issues than money. Just decided to have ads from local businesses. But that really isn't enough. Each year past we find ourselves here growing closer and closer to some sort of subscript type site. Just can't afford to stay free forever without some outside revenue. I'm afraid it's inevitable. We have worked hard to stay free for 21 years. Hoping we can continue. It's a fine balance...doing stuff/offering a service costs money...you gotta pay for costs, workers etc...even back in the good old days people paid for newspapers and cable....internet ads just don't pay that much...Im glad we are fixing the favorite teams thing...wish I knew about that "feature" before launch lol AggiesAreWe and Mr. Buddy Garrity 2 Quote
LCM 83 Posted 2 hours ago Report Posted 2 hours ago Im trying to watch the LCM / Huffman game on my TV. How in the world do you navigate to get to the game.  My phone has it on there but unable to receive on my TV.  Quote
AggiesAreWe Posted 2 hours ago Report Posted 2 hours ago Just now, LCM 83 said: Im trying to watch the LCM / Huffman game on my TV. How in the world do you navigate to get to the game.  My phone has it on there but unable to receive on my TV.  Game starts at 7:30 Quote
AggiesAreWe Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago It seems the new site and app is having it's issues tonight. Quote
Hupernikomen Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago I just used it  as a quick scoreboard for all the teams I like to follow. Deleting app and just come here for scoreboard.  Quite a shame.  The old set up was very easy to use. Quote
LCM 83 Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago 36 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said: Game starts at 7:30 Yep, and still can't watch. Paying for a service and it's an absolute mess.  Telling me I have to subscribe and won't even let you do it.  I'm already a subscriber.  Done with Dave Cambell.  Magazine and TV coverage.  Quote
Matthew328 Posted 1 hour ago Author Report Posted 1 hour ago 37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said: It seems the new site and app is having it's issues tonight. It definitely is AggiesAreWe 1 Quote
Matthew328 Posted 1 hour ago Author Report Posted 1 hour ago 24 minutes ago, LCM 83 said: Yep, and still can't watch. Paying for a service and it's an absolute mess.  Telling me I have to subscribe and won't even let you do it.  I'm already a subscriber.  Done with Dave Cambell.  Magazine and TV coverage.  Email [email protected] Quote
LCM 83 Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago 10 minutes ago, Matthew328 said: Email [email protected] Guess what, I had to subscribe to NFHS to watch anybody the games. Pay for DCTX but have to subscribe to NFHS to watch a game.  Absolutely a con with Dave Cambell.  Quote
LCM 83 Posted 59 minutes ago Report Posted 59 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, LCM 83 said: Guess what, I had to subscribe to NFHS to watch anybody the games. Pay for DCTX but have to subscribe to NFHS to watch a game.  Absolutely a con with Dave Cambell.  Also,, the announcers of the game has no idea who is LCM and Huffman are.  He thinks LCM is Huffman. Smh. This is a Dave Cambell crew. Wow Quote
LCM 83 Posted 58 minutes ago Report Posted 58 minutes ago 1 minute ago, LCM 83 said: Also,, the announcers of the game has no idea who is LCM and Huffman are.  He thinks LCM is Huffman. Smh. This is a Dave Cambell crew. Wow Never seen anything like this. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.