HD vs. SPURGER/58-54 HD Wins/Comments

Congrats HD

Spurger keep your heads up, it's not over!!!

HD- Good game, would have been a lot better, if we had won!

HD- Better Team, don't think so (Only last night)

HD- Starting Point, out w/ flu, hope speedy recovery

HD- gets noticed, you got it from this area, will see next week if TABC gives it

Mr. Reality who is #8 & #9 in the state, Spurger is currently #11 & BS #12

CSI- Who are u talking about when u say freshmen? And I don't think Spurger got out hostled, but out played-scoring surely wasn't their for Spurger

P. Whittaker getting in foul trouble very very early in the game & J.T. Sheffield couldn't buy a 3

2qwik- if HD is better than Spurger for our loss, then HD is better than Big Sandy for their loss w/ them

Hardin-just needs to HUSH, if HD is better than Spurger, then HD would really put a spankin' on ya'll (still think #10 H. Davis is the best, not Marsh ;))

Not blaming this game on ref's, they were O.K., have seen extremely worse this season. Spurger just didn't play one of their better games & @ this point they have to.  I support them & know they will recover from this.

Spurger- Keep your heads up & let's make a difference come next week w/ BS & SP

By the way I think Senior Pate Sheffield had a great game

I was talking about #12.  He had numerous shots and put backs that he missed down low.  When he would get the ball in the press he looked afraid to dribble.  Just saying he seemed nervous.  And there were several loose balls that seemed to always end up in HD's hands that is where the out hustled come from. 

Congrats HD

HD- gets noticed, you got it from this area, will see next week if TABC gives it

CSI- Who are u talking about when u say freshmen? And I don't think Spurger got out hostled, but out played-scoring surely wasn't their for Spurger

P. Whittaker getting in foul trouble very very early in the game & J.T. Sheffield couldn't buy a 3

2qwik- if HD is better than Spurger for our loss, then HD is better than Big Sandy for their loss w/ them

Hardin-just needs to HUSH, if HD is better than Spurger, then HD would really put a spankin' on ya'll (still think #10 H. Davis is the best, not Marsh ;))Not blaming this game on ref's, they were O.K., have seen extremely worse this season. Spurger just didn't play one of their better games & @ this point they have to.  I support them & know they will recover from this.

Spurger won over Hardin because they benefited from some extremely hot shooting from Sheffield and others from 3 point land. Sheffield hit all 7 or 8 of his treys, and as a team, Spurger scored about (a guess) 12 out of 14 trey attempts.  That is 36 points just from behind the arc.  Spurger won by 13...if you put the scoring at a more manageable 50% rate (18 points instead of 36), then Spurger would have lost by 5 assuming Hardin puts up the same score.  Had this been an average game for them (from beyond the arc), the result would have been different, obviously... 

but no complaints...that is how the basketball game is.. some nights a team with the hot hand can beat just about anybody and the end result is that Spurger won that night.  I wonder what would have happened if we played again.

Congrats HD

Hardin-just needs to HUSH, if HD is better than Spurger, then HD would really put a spankin' on ya'll (still think #10 H. Davis is the best, not Marsh ;))

Not blaming this game on ref's, they were O.K., have seen extremely worse this season. Spurger just didn't play one of their better games & @ this point they have to.  I support them & know they will recover from this.

Man, you did your homework here....very impressive and congrats.....now everyone hates you. HD did play and beat BS, but BS was missing their starting point in that game due to a bruised kidney he had suffered the week before at Goodrich....and as far as I know, all of HD's players were present at the time. It would've been a totally different outcome if he would've been there, I believe they still only beat BS by 4 or 6 points, I'm not sure.....just glad it wasn't a district game.

Congrats HD on the win.Coach Henry could win coaching the school for the blind.There are 2 things however that won't happen when you go to Spurger.Phillip Whittacre won't be held under 15 points and JT Sheffield won't go 1-9 behind the arc.This club is pretty darn good.They will have some spurts when the young guns are in the game but they are hard to beat at home.

when HD and BS played all of HDs player were there, anderson was sick but still had a good game, BS is still district champs until someone takes it away. HD didnt have there best game but neither did BS. i am not sur why but is seems to me that HD plays to the level of their opponent. i wish they would be more like BS in the fact thatthey play their game no matter who they play, but HD is getting there, so lets GO BOBCATS

Judging by there record they are pretty good both places.My reference was more about holding Phillip and JT down 2 games in a row.I think they are 2 good of players to have another game like that when they play in Spurger.They beat Brookeland in Brookeland so they must be OK on the road but I like their chances against HD in Spurger.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83