BRAGG'S STAR WITNESS

@CardinalBacker

Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness.....

My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted......

Thoughts anyone??

This is the hidden content, please

9 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

@CardinalBacker

Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness.....

My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted......

Thoughts anyone??

This is the hidden content, please

I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened. 

The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).

It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about. 

Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud! 

Dang I miss Democracy.    

Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be.

Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about. 

Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud! 

Dang I miss Democracy.    

Soros didn’t install Biden and Garland… trump votes did. 

And trump voters are responsible for whatever else we get in the next four years-he’s gonna lose, but at least you got to vote for the guy you wish you could be like. 

Dems roll again in ‘24. 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be.

Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.

That’s the crazy thing… the charges aren’t false-you just give trump a pass for his misdeeds and can’t comprehend that everyone else isn’t as flexible as you are morally. 

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s the crazy thing… the charges aren’t false-you just give trump a pass for his misdeeds and can’t comprehend that everyone else isn’t as flexible as you are morally. 

You’re like the guy who is pulling a trailer and decides to race another vehicle. If you lose, you say it’s because you were pulling a trailer. If you win, you say I beat you and I was pulling a trailer. It’s a win/win situation when one doesn’t commit. A safe space if you will. 

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not actually how our justice system works.....you already convicted him and he has not even started his defense.....lmao

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You give yourself a moral pass. Now that is some kind of flexibility. There is a word to describe it. Can you guess what it is?

I have sat in the jury room on three trials.

The rationale that juries can come up with after listening to testimony from the witness stand, is at times amazing.

I don’t care how good of a case I could make in defense and how much the evidence was on my side, I would never want my fate in front of a jury.

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I have sat in the jury room on three trials.

The rationale that juries can come up with after listening to testimony from the witness stand, is at times amazing.

I don’t care how good of a case I could make in defense and how much the evidence was on my side, I would never want my fate in front of a jury.

Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?

No. 

Welp - today Cohen admitted to stealing from the Trump organization over 60K.....

So....to me......the State focused on how Trump is a micromanager and would not "NOT KNOW" where his money was going and the one that can prove that is Cohen......only problem is Cohen proves Trump did not know where every his money was going, unless you believe he knew Cohen was stealing from him on all those checks he signed......

If that does not scream reasonable doubt, I would not know what would......

3 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

Welp - today Cohen admitted to stealing from the Trump organization over 60K.....

So....to me......the State focused on how Trump is a micromanager and would not "NOT KNOW" where his money was going and the one that can prove that is Cohen......only problem is Cohen proves Trump did not know where every his money was going, unless you believe he knew Cohen was stealing from him on all those checks he signed......

If that does not scream reasonable doubt, I would not know what would......

It would scream to ANYONE who is even remotly reasonable and honest, but to this Kangaroo Court, all bets are off. 

Justice and presumption of innocence were never a goal here, using a court system to destroy a political rival is the Dems only goal here. Venesuela and Russia are so proud.    

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

It would scream to ANYONE who is even remotly reasonable and honest, but to this Kangaroo Court, all bets are off. 

Justice and presumption of innocence were never a goal here, using a court system to destroy a political rival is the Dems only goal here. Venesuela and Russia are so proud.    

Yes, but no… the Dems are no doubt using the court system, but not like you think. They WANTED Trump in the race.  Every time they indicted him, more Rs got behind him. They are well aware that ANY  Republican candidate would walk right over Biden… except Trump. This hasn’t been about destroying Trump, it’s about solidifying his support, eventual nomination, and inevitable defeat in November. 

FWIW, it also strengthens the resolve of the “anybody but Trump” voters to vote democrat.  

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes, but no… the Dems are no doubt using the court system, but not like you think. They WANTED Trump in the race.  Every time they indicted him, more Rs got behind him. They are well aware that ANY  Republican candidate would walk right over Biden… except Trump. This hasn’t been about destroying Trump, it’s about solidifying his support, eventual nomination, and inevitable defeat in November. 

FWIW, it also strengthens the resolve of the “anybody but Trump” voters to vote democrat.  

Better tell them they will likely get what they wished for then, but also tell them the polls look pretty brutal for the Dims and crooked Joe right now. Better dust off plan B. Just a few months left. The Dims election interference attempt is failing.   

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Cohen is OJ’s glove. 

I would agree with one huge exception. 

OJ was a SoCal darling, widely beloved. The jury pool loved him. NYC HATES Trump. I  believe that OJ likability allowed him to beat a solid case, and I think that the great dislike for Trump will allow him to be tripped up by a weak case. 

I think we’ll find out in a week or two. 

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Better tell them they will likely get what they wished for then, but also tell them the polls look pretty brutal for the Dims and crooked Joe right now. Better dust off plan B. Just a few months left. The Dims election interference attempt is failing.   

No, they’ve already done what they set out to do. Trump will 99.9% certain be on the ballot this fall.  

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the only part, I think, that might even be remotely a strategy (although I think it's backfiring too). Trump has been the presumptive nominee for way longer than this "lawfare" has been going on. There wasn't any doubt. To me, the D's are grasping at straws. Their poor guy couldn't run a shoe store, far less a country. The only chance they had was to replace the Biden/Harris ticket with a different duo. It may be a little late for that. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

No, they’ve already done what they set out to do. Trump will 99.9% certain be on the ballot this fall.  

Even if he is convicted of every count, he won't go to jail (imagine if they do try to put him in jail with the no bail program they have in place even letting violent offenders go) - and he is 100% on the ballot. He will appeal and this will be last trial before election.

9 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Everyone but the delusional Trump haters know this theory is nonsense, the democrats fear Trump being on the ballot, that's why they have done everything possible to keep him off, all while they claim their dismal failures as "strategy".

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I would agree with one huge exception. 

OJ was a SoCal darling, widely beloved. The jury pool loved him. NYC HATES Trump. I  believe that OJ likability allowed him to beat a solid case, and I think that the great dislike for Trump will allow him to be tripped up by a weak case. 

I think we’ll find out in a week or two. 

Still, not about OJ or Trump. It’s about Cohen and the glove….. you know, symbolism. 

7 hours ago, baddog said:

Still, not about OJ or Trump. It’s about Cohen and the glove….. you know, symbolism. 

Oh, I agree… the prosecution’s star witness just pooped the bed. 

The problem is this. OJ Simpson was a Heisman Trophy winner from USC, and the Avis commercials, Naked Gun movies, and every Sunday on the sidelines at NFL games. A very likable guy…. The glove gave the jurors the opportunity to do what they wanted-free the Juice. 

On the other hand, NYC jurors HATE Trump, as evidenced by the previous trial (although that one was decided by a judge) in which trump got hammered.  I’ve got a bad feeling that these jurors won’t care about whether not Cohen lied, but be more concerned with the fact that “being fed to the lions” isn’t within the range of punishment that they can impose. 

I’m not saying it’s right or that I agree, it’s just what I expect.