Columbia University Protest Response

On 4/26/2024 at 9:06 AM, mat said:

The Bible prophesied the destruction and restoration of Israel and the gathering back of God’s people. I don’t know about the purity of the twelve tribes, but God’s word is true regardless of how man interprets it. God says he will bless those the support Israel. Many consider Israel bullies because they don’t agree with the magnitude of their defense towards their attackers. The Old Testament is full of God’s support of the annihilation of their enemies.  

Sounds alike like another religion. My god says it’s ok to kill you. 
12 tribes of Israel is all a joke at this point.

31 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Sounds alike like another religion. My god says it’s ok to kill you. 
12 tribes of Israel is all a joke at this point.

And the State of Israel is not the same as biblical Israel. The 12 tribes were not from the State of Israel, which was created in the 1940s. They are bullies. The people who live in Gaza decided to fight back.

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

And the State of Israel is not the same as biblical Israel. The 12 tribes were not from the State of Israel, which was created in the 1940s. They are bullies. The people who live in Gaza decided to fight back.

You are clueless. The people of Gaza….smh. 

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

You’re like most “Palestinian“ protesters. You need to be more informed before you pick up a sign.

19 hours ago, baddog said:

You’re like most “Palestinian“ protesters. You need to be more informed before you pick up a sign.

You don't know what the State of Israel is, so how can you say I am not informed.

On 5/11/2024 at 10:30 AM, Big girl said:

Why should they support the State of Isreal? 

Aside from the religious implications, (since not everyone is a Jew or a Christian), there are many reasons for the United States to support Israel. Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. It has been a partner to U.S. security and intelligence efforts for decades. Almost as many Jews live in the U.S. as in Israel, so personal connections are plentiful. It may very well be the most important ally the U.S. has.

23 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Aside from the religious implications, (since not everyone is a Jew or a Christian), there are many reasons for the United States to support Israel. Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. It has been a partner to U.S. security and intelligence efforts for decades. Almost as many Jews live in the U.S. as in Israel, so personal connections are plentiful. It may very well be the most important ally the U.S. has.

We can debate the strategic importance of Israel. But certain talking points are crazy like Israel being our most important ally. How? In what way. We just spent 10 years in Iraq where was Israel. The UK will always be our most important ally. Intelligence wise military wise political wise everything. Israel thinking on Christianity is not far of from Muslims. 

Christ is king.

7 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

We can debate the strategic importance of Israel. But certain talking points are crazy like Israel being our most important ally. How? In what way. We just spent 10 years in Iraq where was Israel. The UK will always be our most important ally. Intelligence wise military wise political wise everything. Israel thinking on Christianity is not far of from Muslims. 

Christ is king.

You’re quibbling over the word “most”. 

I agree that the UK is our most important military ally but we have overwhelming other support from Europe through NATO. 

What other support do we have in the Middle East?

What are the “most” important issues? Military strength or intelligence that might head off the need for military action? It’s certainly debatable. 

I honestly wouldn’t argue with any points on which if the most critical to our interests. I am sure that people can make valid arguments from different points of view. Military? The UK. Middle East intelligence? Israel. 

As far as Israel, SmashMouth said that they “may very well be” the most important.

”May be” is not an adamant statement but a suggestion. They might be… depending on what the discussion is about.

Worrying about the word “most” (especially “may be”) seems to be the definition of trivial. 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

You’re quibbling over the word “most”. 

I agree that the UK is our most important military ally but we have overwhelming other support from Europe through NATO. 

What other support do we have in the Middle East?

What are the “most” important issues? Military strength or intelligence that might head off the need for military action? It’s certainly debatable. 

I honestly wouldn’t argue with any points on which if the most critical to our interests. I am sure that people can make valid arguments from different points of view. Military? The UK. Middle East intelligence? Israel. 

As far as Israel, SmashMouth said that they “may very well be” the most important.

”May be” is not an adamant statement but a suggestion. They might be… depending on what the discussion is about.

Worrying about the word “most” (especially “may be”) seems to be the definition of trivial. 

The Middle East is not close and have never been close to a threat on a global (or most important US threat as Russia china) you think the government is more concerned with the Middle East over them? And if either two attacked,Israel wouldn’t be on anybody mind. the UK would and it’s not close the uk is our greatest ally even in the Middle East Uk is our greatest ally. Other than political talking points what have the state of Israel done for the US.

Side bar I started a thread awhile ago about Israel . Few responses.. why is a Christian nation so Eager to defined those who consider the phrases king Jesus, Christ is king offensive. 

If we can protest Ukraine we should be able to protest the state of Israel. Take away religion and there the exact same.

14 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

The Middle East is not close and have never been close to a threat on a global (or most important US threat as Russia china) you think the government is more concerned with the Middle East over them? And if either two attacked,Israel wouldn’t be on anybody mind. the UK would and it’s not close the uk is our greatest ally even in the Middle East Uk is our greatest ally. Other than political talking points what have the state of Israel done for the US.

Side bar I started a thread awhile ago about Israel . Few responses.. why is a Christian nation so Eager to defined those who consider the phrases king Jesus, Christ is king offensive. 

If we can protest Ukraine we should be able to protest the state of Israel. Take away religion and there the exact same.

Israel is a very important ally to the US, in terms of security, intelligence gathering and many actions that have hindered nuclear proliferation in the Middle East.  Are they our most important, don't know, but I don't see the UK taking care of some of the problems Israel does, yet they are still a very important ally, I think it's a silly argument.

To say that the Middle East is not as close to a global threat as Russia and China may be true today, but if Iran develops nuclear weapons, it will be at the disposal of maniacs that will fly into buildings screaming Allahu Akbar and fully expecting to see their 70 virgins on the other side.  Israel has played a big part in keeping that from happening.  China and Russia have restraints in place that the religious fanatics do not, that places the global threat from them on a whole new level, imo.  Not to mention the countless terrorist organizations they fund globally, with US money, I will add.

Not sure the necessity to rate our allies, they're all important.

Edited so as not to take away from the conveyance of the post:

Aside from the religious implications, (since not everyone is a Jew or a Christian), there are many reasons for the United States to support Israel. Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. It has been a partner to U.S. security and intelligence efforts for decades. Almost as many Jews live in the U.S. as in Israel, so personal connections are plentiful. Israel is one of the U.S.'s most important allies.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

you think the government is more concerned with the Middle East over them?

Not necessarily, but we didn't spend over 20 years militarily occupying the Middle East for nothing. Squabble if you want whether we should've been there or not, my point is it was important enough for both parties to continue occupying the region with a large armed force...for decades.

I’m of the belief that these “protesters” couldn’t care less about Palestine. They know nothing about the situation and most I have seen are white kids. I believe these are paid protesters about the likes of antifa. I find it curious how many phone carriers are shooting video. They almost outnumber the mobs. It can get violent at times but I feel it is mostly for show. The violent clashes need to be squashed.

Israel is THE only nation that consistantly votes with the USA at the UN. Israel is more faithful to us than Canada is and they are our direct neighbor. Israel is a haven in the mid east for almost anything American. Benjamin Netanyahu lived in Philadelpha PA.  

No country can match this. Not even close.