Is silsbee really threat to anyone or a joke

MWhizzie

silsbee's no joke... i don't think they've quite reached the level that some of their fans predicted before the start of the season, but they have a very respectable record, and have beaten some pretty decent teams.  i don't think they're quite in HJ's league like they were last year, but they will be one of HJ's only tests between now and the playoffs. 

It was thought that Silsbee would be down (or a joke) last year after graduating their entire starting line-up from the previous regional playoff team. However, all they did was return with a regional finals team last season. Here they are again with only one starter returning sitting at 10-2 after being 7-5 at this same time last year. The season isn't over so the jury is still out. That  group of underclassmen did play Ozen to 9 points even if it was at home. My guess is by playoff time this team will start getting some respect despite the ramblings of some of their fans. By the way, Silsbee's basketball tradition is such that since 1968, they have missed the playoffs a total of 4 times. No they haven't won a state title but have been to the state tourney a couple times. Not many teams in the area have that track record.

Silsbee is not a joke, they played 2 number 1 teams in state, they lost to Kountze by 2 pts and Ozen by 9 points, they hung in there with Ozen they just couldnt get the job done but Silsbee is not a joke

Everyone of yall is right beside Mwhizzie. Silsbee is a talent power house basketball team. Just having one starter back and their record looking better right now than it did last year after making it to regional before being stop by HJ. Let be real Silsbee is real good. No team in the world is perfect. There can be a team like Kingwood that went to state final three years in a row and they will still have some stuff they still need to work on. Silsbee will be dominated but they still have some stuff they need to work on before district start. To answer your question Yes, Silsbee is a threat to alot of team in SE area.

Everyone of yall is right beside Mwhizzie. Silsbee is a talent power house basketball team. Just having one starter back and their record looking better right now than it did last year after making it to regional before being stop by HJ. Let be real Silsbee is real good. No team in the world is perfect. There can be a team like Kingwood that went to state final three years in a row and they will still have some stuff they still need to work on. Silsbee will be dominated but they still have some stuff they need to work on before district start. To answer your question Yes, Silsbee is a threat to alot of team in SE area.

nice post

Guest tigersvoice

i think that silsbee is a joke. they didnt sound very good to me. i havent heard much good they win on or two then lose alot. sorry silsbee you will get my respect when you win alot.

I don't understand what is being said here other than piratefan24 think's the Silsbee boy's basketball team is a joke.  I know there are more "Pirate" mascots around other than Vidor, but, if piratefan24 is from Vidor, then I suppose he had a good laugh at the joke when the Tigers beat them at home to open the season.

He goes on to mention that "they didn't SOUND very good ..." and further says that he hasn't HEARD much good; I'm assuring he means about Silsbee.  If by using the words sound and heard means that priatefan24 has not seen Silsbee play, well, P. T. Barnum said it best when de declared that "There's a sucker born every minute."

I don't understand what is being said here other than piratefan24 think's the Silsbee boy's basketball team is a joke.  I know there are more "Pirate" mascots around other than Vidor, but, if piratefan24 is from Vidor, then I suppose he had a good laugh at the joke when the Tigers beat them at home to open the season.

He goes on to mention that "they didn't SOUND very good ..." and further says that he hasn't HEARD much good; I'm assuring he means about Silsbee.  If by using the words sound and heard means that priatefan24 has not seen Silsbee play, well, P. T. Barnum said it best when de declared that "There's a sucker born every minute."

face up they are a joke all you people from silsbee are dumb they ARE NOT ANY GOOD FACE IT

Coops is right. No name calling this is suppose to be a site where everyone can found out GOOD things about other team. Why is people from HJ is is trying to start stuff right now like Mwhizzie. Now Mwhizzie, you say SIlsbee is talking stuff because they feel like they been cheated out of the playoff  regional game. Well if that is true why don't you be the big man and quit scooping to everyone else level. That just being kiddish right there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder