If the #1 team in state can't stop h-j....who will?

hjsc

who can stop them?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. who can stop them?

• Silsbee
    • WOS
    • Orangefield
    • No one

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking something about pride coming before a fall....

Silsbee had to feel pretty sick last year watching HJ win it all and knowing that they had the Hawks dead-to-rights in Huntsville last year.  I would imagine they're pretty hungry.

Great win over TCH, but don't think for a second that 21-3A is going to be a cakewalk.

I'm thinking something about pride coming before a fall....

Silsbee had to feel pretty sick last year watching HJ win it all and knowing that they had the Hawks dead-to-rights in Huntsville last year.  I would imagine they're pretty hungry.

Great win over TCH, but don't think for a second that 21-3A is going to be a cakewalk.

I agree with you there...don't think for one minute that h-j will take these 2 games lightly because they wont..i have not seen silsbee play so im not going to say anything but i no they have returning players just like h-j that are hungry for a state ring..... both games will be great games...

Like I said in another post, HJ is the better team over Chapel Hill. Their #1 ranking IMO is not all that special. I even believe Silsbee, who is unranked( but should be) is just as good if not better than Chapel Hill. The Hawks are the defending State champs, that alone is enough to make them the team to beat. But, HJ is also very good, they are playing even more as a team than last year. Not having Donahoe could be a blessing, but I am inclined to think that anytime you don't have a player of that caliber any longer, you will miss him at sometime. We'll see who steps up down the stretch in clutch time like Ryan did so many times. Good luck Hawks.

I'm sure that EVERYONE has watched an upset game before!

Anything can happen on ANY given night/game if a team is not careful!

Now, I love my Hawks, but noone should count their money before the game is over--even them!

However, I think the Hawks definitely have the potential, skill, and athleticism to make it Back2Back.

--and I am looking forward to it, too!

Congrats to HJ on the win, but you can't say that Chapel Hill is the #1 team in the state. Rankings this early in the season dont mean a thing, for instance just look at what is happening to Kountze and Goodrich.....Kountze has lost 6 or 7 games and they were ranked 3rd in the preseason polls and Goodrich is still ranked 1st in 1A D-2 I believe, but that wont stay for long once they start playing quality D-2 schools.....they've dropped games to Big Sandy, Coldsprings and had close game with Onalaska. Lets just wait a little longer and see what happens.

I have had a chance to watch every team in this district this year and HJ is plain and simple the best club in this district.While it is possible for anyone to have an off night the Hawks win in a way that makes it unlikely.They win with there defensive pressure much like Kountze did last year.Silsbee probably has the best chance to upset them followed by Jasper.While Orangefield has a pretty good club they don't have the depth at the guard position to consistantly beat the press.The biggest challenges the Hawks have they may not can control,injuries and grades are about the only thing I see that could derail them.Good luck HJ hope yall go back to back.

i think the only team capable of beating HJ right now is themselves.  If they play as well as they have been, there shouldn't be a better team out there in 3A.  If they have an off-night against the wrong team, however, they could be beaten.

My feelings exactly!

Like I said in another post, HJ is the better team over Chapel Hill. [glow=red,2,300]Their #1 ranking IMO is not all that special. I even believe Silsbee, who is unranked( but should be) is just as good if not better than Chapel Hill.[/glow] The Hawks are the defending State champs, that alone is enough to make them the team to beat. But, HJ is also very good, they are playing even more as a team than last year. Not having Donahoe could be a blessing, but I am inclined to think that anytime you don't have a player of that caliber any longer, you will miss him at sometime. We'll see who steps up down the stretch in clutch time like Ryan did so many times. Good luck Hawks.

??? REALLY NOW??? Chapel Hill has a VERY great team but hey have to GREAT players but HJ has a better TEAM, and Silsbee we get stomped by Chapel Hill even on their bad night.....

Like I said in another post, HJ is the better team over Chapel Hill. Their #1 ranking IMO is not all that special. I even believe Silsbee, who is unranked( but should be) is just as good if not better than Chapel Hill. The Hawks are the defending State champs, that alone is enough to make them the team to beat. But, HJ is also very good, they are playing even more as a team than last year. Not having Donahoe could be a blessing, but I am inclined to think that anytime you don't have a player of that caliber any longer, you will miss him at sometime. We'll see who steps up down the stretch in clutch time like Ryan did so many times. Good luck Hawks.

this seriously might be the dumbest thing ive ever heard silsbee beat OF by 1 point i watched chaped hill play four games and in no way or form is silsbee even close to dreaming about being on their level go watch a game or something cause your words dont match the facts

this seriously might be the dumbest thing ive ever heard silsbee beat OF by 1 point i watched chaped hill play four games and in no way or form is silsbee even close to dreaming about being on their level go watch a game or something cause your words dont match the facts

Seriously the most dumbest thing I ever heard is all the HJ homers think they are unbeatable......At least yall are finally starting to play some actual basketball teams...instead of all these homeschooled teams

It is most dumb, or dumbest not most dumbest. Apparently you do not know how hard it is to get a game against HJ. Alot of teams will not play us untill the later part of the season.

well now... you must be the grammer champ of HJ, but not the spelling champ untill is spelled until....now go to bed you have school tomorrow.

well now... you must be the grammer champ of HJ, but not the spelling champ untill is spelled until....now go to bed you have school tomorrow.

too bad little silsbee can only beat little OF by 1 point. you need to go to bed and hopefully not wake up the day when silsbee plays hj cause you might do something to harm yourself cause hj will take every thing you hold sacred through your team away from you and spit it in your face.  :D

lol

There is no one around these parts that can take out HJ. Silsbee fans are still disgruntled because they feel like they got cheated out of something last year. They are always complaining about the polls and how their team is unranked. You're not ranked because you haven't earned it, and you didn't get cheated last year, you just lost. Let's move on to the present season and play some ball. HJ has the talent to go back2back as long as that doesn't get into their head too much.

i wasn't sure how HJ would handle losing donahoe, but i've been to a couple of games and like what i see.  i like HJ's chances to go undefeated until playoffs... there are only a few teams in the area capable of handing HJ a loss, and silsbee is the only team left on their schedule who could do so.  Now i'm not saying that nobody else can beat HJ, but i'm talking about teams with a legit chance to compete and win without it being some crazy fluke.  District should be a cakewalk with the exception of Silsbee, but i don't think there's any way that HJ will underestimate the tigers.  They'll be prepared for those games, and i still believe they're the better team.  As for most of the rest of the district, HJ can show up and expect to win, and probably will.  The real question will be whether or not they can get mentally ready for the playoffs if they do manage to go all year without losing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86