Who Win's The D2 4A State Championship?

I am sure there is some favoritism in this poll  ;D

Don't know much about the other three, but I am sure the Dayton defense can stack up with the best of them.

When you boil it down, the team with the best defense will win it all....

Dayton is sitting pretty with the STATES #1 defense using points allowed per game.

ps....

The Dayton offense can probably trade points with any of the remaining teams.

Just doing a little reading up on Lake Travis.. Looks like they have a really great passing game with a 6'4" QB that can really thread a needle. They hammered Calallen like 42-14.

Just reading it appears that they are a very wealthy school,,,, with extremely high academic standards. They have one of, if not the largest and most expensive workout facilities in the state. Although they have not been the best football team in the state yet,,, they have heavily invested in the program and are putting a tremendous amount of stock in the importance of having a winning football program. Looks like they are paying to win from what I read.

I cannot get any stats on the team, but it sounds like they are a really effective spread offense. They may be the biggest challenge the Broncos have faced to date if they are balanced. I wish I could get some info on their defense.

In my opinoin, it all comes down to Defense.  If Dayton can shut down the pass, then theres nothing stopping us.  We have already proven that we can handle the run.  And if the opposing team cant score, then there is now reason why we should not win.  I guess Lake Travis will let us know how we guard against the pass. 

Back in the mid 70's when PNG was in their prime a PNG friend of mine was humming a song. "I'm dreaming of a purple and white Christmas." I thought that was pretty cool. I will now say it for Dayton. I hope you have a purple and white Christmas. I don't know anything about the other teams so I don't feel I can make a prediction however, I am pulling for you guys all the way. The whole area is dreaming of a purple and white Christmas for Dayton.

Back in the mid 70's when PNG was in their prime a PNG friend of mine was humming a song. "I'm dreaming of a purple and white Christmas." I thought that was pretty cool. I will now say it for Dayton. I hope you have a purple and white Christmas. I don't know anything about the other teams so I don't feel I can make a prediction however, I am pulling for you guys all the way. The whole area is dreaming of a purple and white Christmas for Dayton.

that would be a great christmas present for dayton and all of setx. i know those kids want it bad now. want it bad enough and you might just receive it. "GOOD LUCK BRONCOS EVERYONE'S BACKING YOU. YOU CAN DO IT. ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES"  "GO BRONCOS"

Just doing a little reading up on Lake Travis.. Looks like they have a really great passing game with a 6'4" QB that can really thread a needle. They hammered Calallen like 42-14.

Just reading it appears that they are a very wealthy school,,,, with extremely high academic standards. They have one of, if not the largest and most expensive workout facilities in the state. Although they have not been the best football team in the state yet,,, they have heavily invested in the program and are putting a tremendous amount of stock in the importance of having a winning football program. Looks like they are paying to win from what I read.

I cannot get any stats on the team, but it sounds like they are a really effective spread offense. They may be the biggest challenge the Broncos have faced to date if they are balanced. I wish I could get some info on their defense.

Go to statesman.com.  Its an Austin newspaper.  Here are some stats for you:

Offensively since beginning of district games a total of 4745 yards with an average of 431 yds of offense and 330 of defensive yards allowed. 

RUSH                          PASS                  TOTAL OPPONENT YARDAGE

43                              294                                      321

157                            312                                        333

182                            313                                        198

120                            301                                        384

207                            210                                        395

139                            370                                        385

46                              319                                        359

131                            318                                        142

41                              332                                        381

296                            158  (these may be backwards)  240

178                            278                                        499

Dayton averages about 385 yards of offense and 202 defensive yards allowed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder