Little Cypress-Mauriceville 40 Silsbee 78/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Little Cypress-Mauriceville 40 Silsbee 78/FINAL

See what I mean about LCM being a mystery?  Since the Tigers gelled after Christmas LCM is the only district team has been able to hold them under 100 and they did it both times.  This game wasn't very competitive but somehow the Tigers only managed 78 points.  Some of it was senior subs but the Tigers had only 42 at the half.

If you go to Maxpreps and look at the Tiger's schedule it looks like LCM should be the number 2 team in the district.  Silsbee handled LCM with relative ease but not with as much ease as they handled everybody else.

9 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I think it will be Silsbee vs HJ 1st round. I think they play that game at Westbrook or East Chambers. 

HJ should beat Splendora Friday to set up that 1st round matchup. HJ and Silsbee girls also would play each other in the 3rd round Monday or Tuesday if they both win Friday. A double header with boys and girls would be awesome. Even tho Silsbee will roll HJ. The girls game should be really good.

11 minutes ago, The Lake said:

HJ should beat Splendora Friday to set up that 1st round matchup. HJ and Silsbee girls also would play each other in the 3rd round Monday or Tuesday if they both win Friday. A double header with boys and girls would be awesome. Even tho Silsbee will roll HJ. The girls game should be really good.

I'm thinking if this scenario were to happen a doubleheader will take place. Just about guarantee it.

Question would be, where?

32 minutes ago, Who That said:

How about Lumberton.. Keep in Hardin County..🤷🏻‍♂️ I" believe the team that wins district should get the first playoff game at home. IMO

Lumberton (or Kountze) are nearly home games for Silsbee. Doubt that ever happens.

It should be at West Brook, but I don't think they want to host a playoff game.

May as well get ready for East Chambers.

9 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

Kountze makes the most sense to me… I don’t believe silsbee or HJ have played in Kountze this year and that’s about half way for each team 

All depends on who is willing to host.

Lot's of times if a school has teams in the playoffs, they do not want to host another playoff game. Most admins and staff want to attend their own teams playoff game. 

Now if it is scheduled on different nights (in this case Monday vs. Tuesday) then that helps.

If this turns into a doubleheader with HJ/Silsbee girls, then something tells me that the possibility of the Montagne Center is pretty great.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

All depends on who is willing to host.

Lot's of times if a school has teams in the playoffs, they do not want to host another playoff game. Most admins and staff want to attend their own teams playoff game. 

Now if it is scheduled on different nights (in this case Monday vs. Tuesday) then that helps.

If this turns into a doubleheader with HJ/Silsbee girls, then something tells me that the possibility of the Montagne Center is pretty great.

If we're talking Monday the Montagne.... excuse me... the Neches Federal Credit Union Arena at the Montagne Center... there that's better, is available.  No Lamar home games on that day.  It's almost exactly the same distance from both schools.  Made to order.

The girls game is the marquette.  The second and third best teams in Region 3.  But first Silsbee has to play a good Jacksonville team that split with Madisonville.  HJ shouldn't have much trouble with Gilmer.