Nikki Haley - What do you think so far?

Bobcat1

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's weird... because Trump said that the stock market is due for a huge crash if Biden gets re-elected.   

Try thinking your way through this. If Biden is reinstalled by Soros, then that would be eight consecutive years under Dementia Joe. In an eight year time period, Biden will absolutely own the epic crash. 

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Anybody here a registered Republican?

Fake news.

Fake news?  I doubt it.  In New Hampshire and South Carolina, registered Dems can vote in Republican primaries.  Why they allow this is beyond me.  So, yes, if Gorka said 70% crossed over then I believe him.  

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Fake news?  I doubt it.  In New Hampshire and South Carolina, registered Dems can vote in Republican primaries.  Why they allow this is beyond me.  So, yes, if Gorka said 70% crossed over then I believe him.  

Actually, what he said is that 70% of Haley's voters weren't registered as Republicans. How many were democrats wanting(?) Haley to get nominated?  I dunno.  How many were Republican leaning moderates who don't feel strongly enough to commit solely to republicanism?  Probably most.  That's the point that no one wants to understand... Trump can't win with MAGA voters or registered republicans alone.  He NEEDS those moderates and even some crossover libs/dems to win.... and he spurns them.  

In Texas, you can vote in any primary you wish... you just can't vote in both.  Why should anybody be excluded from voting in the primary of their choosing?  Oh, wait... I forgot that y'all are all from the camp that doesn't believe everybody should be allowed to vote.   As a fair-minded conservative by nature, this was one of the hardest facts to deal with.  A large part of the Republican base does, in fact, believe that some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.  

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Actually, what he said is that 70% of Haley's voters weren't registered as Republicans. How many were democrats wanting(?) Haley to get nominated?  I dunno.  How many were Republican leaning moderates who don't feel strongly enough to commit solely to republicanism?  Probably most.  That's the point that no one wants to understand... Trump can't win with MAGA voters or registered republicans alone.  He NEEDS those moderates and even some crossover libs/dems to win.... and he spurns them.  

In Texas, you can vote in any primary you wish... you just can't vote in both.  Why should anybody be excluded from voting in the primary of their choosing?  Oh, wait... I forgot that y'all are all from the camp that doesn't believe everybody should be allowed to vote.   As a fair-minded conservative by nature, this was one of the hardest facts to deal with.  A large part of the Republican base does, in fact, believe that some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.  

Illegal aliens should not be allowed to vote!  Much to the chagrin of you and the Dimocrats.

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Illegal aliens should not be allowed to vote!  Much to the chagrin of you and the Dimocrats.

No, I don’t believe that illegals should be able to vote in our elections. I also don’t believe that they should be counted towards our apportionment of representation, either. For instance, someplace like Colony Ridge could have 75,000 illegals, none of whom can legally vote in Texas… but they are included in the census for purposes of redistricting. For argument’s sake, pretend that for each 100k people you get your own state/us rep. The end result is that there are 100k people total, with 75k of them not being able to vote. The 25k remainder of legal voters end up with as much clout as 100k legal voters in an area that isn’t 3/4 illegal. 

I believe that every US citizen has the right to vote ONCE. I’m opposed to non citizens voting, and I’m opposed to voting practices that allow people to vote more than once or vote fraudulently. But I can also say that I have personally heard two elected officials (both Repubs) say directly to me that “everybody doesn’t need to vote.” So you end up with shenanigans like two years ago when Repubs at the state level tried to outlaw Sunday afternoon early voting in a poorly veiled attempt to thwart the “pews to the polls” voting practices that are typically done by black congregations. 

I got my pride hurt a little bit when I realized that my party actually does have members who believe in surpressing legal voters.