Giddings #1

skipper

ok i will not beat around the bush on this one. wo-s is a very young team this year (BUT) a very good young team i must say.giddlings has it all size  speed and a dang good QB to go along with all of this sooooooooooooo that makes them #1 smiles. lets look back now wo-s has played  teams like DAYTON ,BAY CITY not two bad lol. you might say the mustangs have played teams with super QB that can scoot down the field in a heart beat dont you think. size wise hummmmmmmmm  try DAYTON (VERY BIG FAST FOOTBALL TEAM). now lets see  maybe jasper QB  (SUPER SPEED) .now hummmmmmmmm maybe bay city  BIG  (D)  line  around 270 across the line dont you think .SO WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY TO YOU GIDDINGS  (SHOW WO-S ) something thay have not see before    ps sorry for the spelling

A healthy fitzhenry is a lot to stop.  Last year was a great game Giddings was able to move the ball on WO-S and Fitzhenry punched in 3 TDs.  WO-S couldn't seem to run the ball that night at all.  Bevil did have some success through the air.  I would have thought Giddings defense would be better this year, but looking at their stats I don't think they are.  How many of those linemen did Giddings return this year?  I know they have Dock back and he was all over the field last year. 

I don't see either team scoring more than 21.  Going to be good close game.

yes.fitz had a fair game last year ran  for 128 yards  something like that not sure. giddings has alot from last year on there team now and thats a  BIG PLUS. i will be upfront with you i am not so sure this will be close at all but it might be.i am just hopeing that fitz is ok and (NOT) taped up. thanks for the reply

A healthy fitzhenry is a lot to stop.  Last year was a great game Giddings was able to move the ball on WO-S and Fitzhenry punched in 3 TDs.  WO-S couldn't seem to run the ball that night at all.  Bevil did have some success through the air.  I would have thought Giddings defense would be better this year, but looking at their stats I don't think they are.  How many of those linemen did Giddings return this year?  I know they have Dock back and he was all over the field last year. 

I don't see either team scoring more than 21.  Going to be good close game.

Giddings lost a few Linemen from last year including a good RB. From what i remember Fitz didn't do crap on WOS last year.

yes.fitz had a fair game last year ran  for 128 yards  something like that not sure. giddings has alot from last year on there team now and thats a  BIG PLUS. i will be upfront with you i am not so sure this will be close at all but it might be.i am just hopeing that fitz is ok and (NOT) taped up. thanks for the reply

So you think WO-S will blow them away?

I don't know that I think WO-S is better this year then they were last year.  That WO-S team last year was the one I thought would win it all (actually 2 years ago is the one I really thought would win it all).  Of course sometimes it is the team that doesn't get near the respect that plays that much harder. This WO-S team reminds a lot of the Jasper 2004 team when expectations were low after those 2 years of high expectations.  This group at WO-S seems to have a lot in common with that group.  WO-S has had 2 years of high expectations with Beasley and Thomas among others.  They did very well those 2 years, but didn't win it all as many hoped.  This year doesn't have the superstar but just wins.

Giddings lost a few Linemen from last year including a good RB. From what i remember Fitz didn't do crap on WOS last year.

I remember 3 tds and a couple big runs to keep drives going.  He surely didn't have his normal stats.  Their RB was the better weapon that night, probably because of so much attention toward Fitz.

I think I heard Coach T say he got about 100 yards last year.  We dropped several passes that were in our hands and of course, snapped the ball over the punter's head that gave Giddings the field advantage for a quick touchdown.  THAT is the difference that I saw in the game.  Just my opinion, though.  We have been the only team to bridle Fitz.  Hey, we ARE the Mustangs....

Don't know how that looks but that is the line from the enterprise last year.

This is the hidden content, please

West Orange-Stark  7  6  0  0  13

Giddings 7 7 0 7 21

Game Statistics

West Orange-Stark Giddings

First Downs 15 14

Rushes - Yards 30 - 23 43 - 284

Comp-Att-Int 13 - 24 - 0 1 - 1 - 0

Passing yards 189 21

Punts-avg. 3 - 41.3 2 - 38.5

Fumbles-lost 0 - 0 3 - 1

Penalties-yards 7 - 57 7 - 59

Scoring Summary

WOS-Earl Thomas 1 run (Andre Bevil kick) 10:15, 1st

GID-Brock Fitzhenry 7 run (Sammy Artega kick) 0:00, 1st

GID-Brock Fitzhenry 1 run (Sammy Artega kick) 4:42, 2nd

WOS-Domique Rhodes 13 pass from Andre Bevil (kick failed) :11, 2nd

GID-Brock Fitzhenry 1 run (Sammy Artega kick) 5:23, 4th

Leading Rushers

GID  Brock Fitzhenry 23-109 , 3 TD

GID  Cassius Bradley 3-74

GID  Devane Jarmon 8-54

GID  Brandon Johnson 10-53

WOS  Depauldrick Garrett 17-54

WOS  Andre Bevil 4-23 , 0 TD

WOS  Jacoby Franks 1-3

WOS  Earl Thomas 6--5

Leading Passers

GID  Brock Fitzhenry 1-1-0, 21 Yards

WOS  Andre Bevil 13-24-0, 189 Yards , 1 TD

Leading Receivers

GID  Alan Dock 1-21

WOS  Earl Thomas 6-116

WOS  Ronnie Dennis 3-31

WOS  Depauldrick Garrett 1-16

WOS  Jacoby Franks 2-13

WOS  Domique Rhodes 1-13 , 1 TD

Guest BC Cardinals

I was at that game last year and that was one of those games that the better team didn't win. To many mistakes, and the West Orange Defense really did a good job on Fitzhenry. The RB they had is at Caldwell now. I think wos wins.

Guest Wos Grad 2000

Not necessaily!! Giddings didn't make our QB over throw 3 wide open TD passes. He had alot of time to throw on those.

I would love to see Giddings beat 4A Dayton like we did, would happen. Oh by the way how's the QB????

Yea that was him, he had 1 long run that hurt WOS last year.

Hurt?? It absolutely destroyed us. That was the single biggest play of the game for either team and ended up being the deciding factor. Fitz got the credit for the actual TD, but it was Bradley who struck the fatal blow.

Hurt?? It absolutely destroyed us. That was the single biggest play of the game for either team and ended up being the deciding factor. Fitz got the credit for the actual TD, but it was Bradley who struck the fatal blow.

#15 Devane Jarmon the big runningback and #3 Brandon Johnson hurt us too. They kept drives alive by getting first downs. I think they both were seniors last year. That was definately a game we let get away, but we still had an opportunity at the end of the game. We just have to come out relaxed...not overly excited and do what we do. We'll be fine.

the better team is indicated by the scoreboard...

No, the winning team is indicated by the scoreboard. The better team is a subjective concept that can't be objectified by something like a score. There are too many different concepts of what "better" means. To me, it means the team who would be most likely to win any game on any given night. To others, it means the team with darker colored uniforms. In that case, Giddings would be "better." I think that if last year's teams were to play 10 concurrent games, WO-S would win six. In a game as close as last year's - which was much closer than even an eight-point final would indicate - it's tough to call one or the other "better." I'd say, honestly, that the two were pretty even last year, and that coaching, in the end, was the difference.

try DAYTON (VERY BIG FAST FOOTBALL TEAM).

What are you smokin'? Dayton by height and weight has the smallest team in the district. Against teams like Friendswood, Ozen, Central, Nederland, PNG, and now Texas City our offensive line was outweighed some 60-80 (Friendswood) pounds. We are not big. Truthfully, and I'm talking 40 speeds here, we're not fast, but we are extremely quick. Oh, and don't let the size fool you. Pound for pound, we are the strongest team around - just ask the men in the trenches that had to try to push those guys around and tried to keep them out of the offensive backfield.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami