Warren 51 Woodville 37/COMMENTS

warfan

Don't get carried away there baller001.Good team win tonight still got a ways to go on both ends of the floor.Guys are playing pretty good defense but need to rebound a little better and shoot a little better from the line.They are normally a good free throw shooting club so that will come.

Sims had 21 tonight(4-3's),Andrews-8,Nash-6,Swinney-6,McBee-5 and Young-5.Congrats guys!!!!

Good job guys!!! Good win with a pretty solid defense tonight.Don't want to overlook the crowd tonight it was great for an early season game and the jazz band was awesome.I had seen that at EC and Corrigan in the past and it's a great addition.Casey Word gets the fan of the week but the student section from both schools was in top form.Good luck to Woodville the rest of the way.Coach Bowles will have them playing good ball pretty quick.

Woodville will get better no doubt I think all but 1 of there starters just got out of football and they have some pretty good atheletes.The basketball only schools are still ahead of the curve so BS will win that one.How was Woden CATMAN??? They are in Woodvilles district and are usually pretty solid.

Hats off to the BAND and the student section, and a special tip-of-the-hat to the chicken.  (you just had to be there).

Big Sandy will have the same situation that Warren faced, Woodville can go about 5 deep and not drop off much.  They put steady pressure on the ball.  Warren handled it well but needs to be in a little better shape. I'm sure Carter will have them there in a few weeks.

Warren did look fairly well considering the transition from football to basketball was only a short time ago.  As mentioned earlier, the boys looked like they understood where they needed to be offensively and defensively.  Need to work on breaking the press a liitle better but that will come.  Good ball movement and great play from off the bench.  The Jazz Band was awesome.  They sounded really good and brings more to an already excited atmosphere.  It was nice to see a full gym early in the season.  Warren supporters need to keep this up all season because the boys will be fun to watch this year.  I think the "chicken" should be our good luck charm.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder