"Think At The Rink"

hockeyfan

Innovative program integrates hockey and education with Dec. 20 field trip

Beaumont, TX—The Texas Wildcatters have announced that the inaugural “Think at the Rink†program will take place Thursday, Dec. 20 during the 10:00 am game between the Wildcatters and the Mississippi Sea Wolves.

The program is intended for fourth and fifth graders from area public schools preparing for the standardized Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) test. Think at the Rink will incorporate TAKS-relevant educational material in the fun and energetic atmosphere of a Texas Wildcatters hockey game on the final Thursday before the Winter Holiday.

Participating school districts include Port Neches-Groves I.S.D., Nederland I.S.D., and Beaumont I.S.D. As of this release over 2,100 registration slips have been returned to the Wildcatters with more expected prior to the Dec. 5 deadline.

All attending students will receive a ticket to the game, sack lunch, and a “Think at the Rink†educational workbook that incorporates fun Wildcatters facts with questions on math, science, and geography.

In the desire to bring this program to students free of charge, the Texas Wildcatters would also like to extend the opportunity to local businesses, organizations, and alumni to sponsor any number of participating students. The $11 per student sponsorship is all-inclusive. Sponsorship levels that include signage, in-arena recognition and inclusion in the “Think at the Rink†workbook begin at 50 students and range to 1,000.

“We’re thrilled to have had this response from area schools and expect even more before registration concludes,†said Wildcatters event coordinator and BISD alum Brad Eisen, “It’s great to be able to offer area students the chance to broaden their horizons in a way I never had an opportunity to.â€

The following schools have confirmed participation in the program, registration concludes Dec. 5:

PN-G ISD: Groves Elementary, Port Neches Elementary

Nederland ISD: Helena Park Elementary, Highland Park Elementary, Hillcrest Elementary, Langham Elementary, Central Middle School

Beaumont ISD: Bingman Elementary, Blanchette Elementary, Curtis Elementary, Dunbar Elementary, Fehl Elementary, Field Elementary, Fletcher Elementary, Roy Guess Elementary, Lucas Elementary, Ogden Elementary, Price Elementary

For questions or sponsorship information regarding this or any Wildcatters event, please call (409) 951-5500.

The Texas Wildcatters are the proud ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild of the NHL and the AHL’s Houston Aeros.

The ECHL has affiliations with 26 of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League marking the 11th consecutive season that the league has had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.

—www.wildcattershockey.com—

• 4 weeks later...

This should be interesting.... gotta be at the arena @ 08:00 to help all these little darlins find their seats... :o

I just really, really, REALLY hope that their teachers have been instructed to keep the kids in their seats while the puck is in play!! In fact, I think I'll send Q a request to do that, right now!!

Cookie, you got those bunny slippers out yet?? I'm looking for my mice slippers!  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder