Port Arthur Memorial (54) @ La Porte (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

Good game tonight PAM!

PAM vs KWP will be interesting. Both have very good QB’s. PAM has speed advantage. KWP will manhandle PAM in trenches & a strong power game. Not sure who I would favor. I’d lean towards KWP because I don’t think they will allow special teams plays like LP did tonight. PAM will have to fight for every inch.

9 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Good game tonight PAM!

PAM vs KWP will be interesting. Both have very good QB’s. PAM has speed advantage. KWP will manhandle PAM in trenches & a strong power game. Not sure who I would favor. I’d lean towards KWP because I don’t think they will allow special teams plays like LP did tonight. PAM will have to fight for every inch.

I don't see KWP under center running 30/31 trap but you never know.  I like PA's chances with KWP but too much football to play before that game

23 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I don't see KWP under center running 30/31 trap but you never know.  I like PA's chances with KWP but too much football to play before that game

No. But—outside of Special Teams screw up’s by LP tonight— this was a score for score game. PAM did well, and won in the often overlooked special team category. But, they didn’t really stop LP any more than LP stopped PAM. KWP—on the other hand—just methodically smothered LP on D, and surgically cut them up via ground & air on O. I didn’t get the same feel from PAM. PAM seems more finesse. In a finesse vs power matchup, I’ll take power 8 out of 10.

Just me.

1 hour ago, OlDawg said:

No. But—outside of Special Teams screw up’s by LP tonight— this was a score for score game. PAM did well, and won in the often overlooked special team category. But, they didn’t really stop LP any more than LP stopped PAM. KWP—on the other hand—just methodically smothered LP on D, and surgically cut them up via ground & air on O. I didn’t get the same feel from PAM. PAM seems more finesse. In a finesse vs power matchup, I’ll take power 8 out of 10.

Just me.

I get what you're saying about special teams, but you're assuming PAM doesn't score on those 2 possessions anyway. The offense scored on everyone of their drives in the first half on an average of 3/4 plays and the only time they didn't was when Wilson gifted the La Porte DB with the easiest interception of his career. He could've been blind folded while juggling 6 bananas and still caught it. We must've watched two completely different games because after the first drives by both teams I never felt like La Porte would win this game. Wilson carved that La Porte secondary like a turkey on Thanksgiving day. PAM never even had to try and run due to the passing game working so well. They had a completely different game plan the 2nd half though, PAM's first possession was mainly running the ball and killing clock. I believe if they had kept going hard at the secondary the score would've looked much more lopsided.

50 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

I get what you're saying about special teams, but you're assuming PAM doesn't score on those 2 possessions anyway. The offense scored on everyone of their drives in the first half on an average of 3/4 plays and the only time they didn't was when Wilson gifted the La Porte DB with the easiest interception of his career. He could've been blind folded while juggling 6 bananas and still caught it. We must've watched two completely different games because after the first drives by both teams I never felt like La Porte would win this game. Wilson carved that La Porte secondary like a turkey on Thanksgiving day. PAM never even had to try and run due to the passing game working so well. They had a completely different game plan the 2nd half though, PAM's first possession was mainly running the ball and killing clock. I believe if they had kept going hard at the secondary the score would've looked much more lopsided.

Preach! But im sure there's a whiny little guy that'll complain about this post. Lol.