Port Arthur Memorial (54) @ La Porte (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

10 hours ago, PAT409 said:

I get what you're saying about special teams, but you're assuming PAM doesn't score on those 2 possessions anyway. The offense scored on everyone of their drives in the first half on an average of 3/4 plays and the only time they didn't was when Wilson gifted the La Porte DB with the easiest interception of his career. He could've been blind folded while juggling 6 bananas and still caught it. We must've watched two completely different games because after the first drives by both teams I never felt like La Porte would win this game. Wilson carved that La Porte secondary like a turkey on Thanksgiving day. PAM never even had to try and run due to the passing game working so well. They had a completely different game plan the 2nd half though, PAM's first possession was mainly running the ball and killing clock. I believe if they had kept going hard at the secondary the score would've looked much more lopsided.

Actually, I’m assuming PAM does score. Then, LP scores right back. I don’t have the stats. But, I believe PAM had 1 TO (INT), punted 1x, and had no TO on downs. LP had 2 TO (1 fumble for recovered TD, 1 INT), punted 2x, and had no TO on downs.

Yes. The PAM QB was—I swear—95% completion rate! LOL

Same token, LP carved up PAM’s #1 ranked rush D (with backup RB’s) like a Thanksgiving ham even with 10 in the box.

So, we’re missing the stuffing & sides. PAM supplied the winning gravy with the KO returns.

The difference was 20 points. PAM had a fumble recovery in the end zone for a TD, and 2 KO returns for TD’s. There’s your point spread.

That takes nothing away from the PAM win, and LP has only had this staff on board since late February. They’ll keep improving. The upcoming classes are looking like there’s some solid talent coming up.

Again, Good Game PAM! It was fun to watch except for the boneheaded LP Special Teams play on KO returns both ways. (PAM had LP’s return game figured out after about the 2nd KO. No idea why LP kept giving yards to try a fake.)

16 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Actually, I’m assuming PAM does score. Then, LP scores right back. I don’t have the stats. But, I believe PAM had 1 TO (INT), punted 1x, and had no TO on downs. LP had 2 TO (1 fumble for recovered TD, 1 INT), punted 2x, and had no TO on downs.

Yes. The PAM QB was—I swear—95% completion rate! LOL

Same token, LP carved up PAM’s #1 ranked rush D (with backup RB’s) like a Thanksgiving ham even with 10 in the box.

So, we’re missing the stuffing & sides. PAM supplied the winning gravy with the KO returns.

The difference was 20 points. PAM had a fumble recovery in the end zone for a TD, and 2 KO returns for TD’s. There’s your point spread.

That takes nothing away from the PAM win, and LP has only had this staff on board since late February. They’ll keep improving. The upcoming classes are looking like there’s some solid talent coming up.

Again, Good Game PAM! It was fun to watch except for the boneheaded LP Special Teams play on KO returns both ways. (PAM had LP’s return game figured out after about the 2nd KO. No idea why LP kept giving yards to try a fake.)

You keep bringing up those special teams tds but like you said, they score regardless. Without them PAM still wins by 2 TDs at least. This game went pretty much how I thought it would. La Porte's offense is slow and methodical but efficient. If they had a decent secondary they'd win this district. Unfortunately they do not, they will beat Sterling and I believe they match up well with porter because they have a similar slow offense. I don't see them beating Crosby however, I've seen better D in 7 on 7 games. As long as a team has a decent passing attack, La porte will not win coming from behind with their style of offense. 

12 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

You keep bringing up those special teams tds but like you said, they score regardless. Without them PAM still wins by 2 TDs at least. This game went pretty much how I thought it would. La Porte's offense is slow and methodical but efficient. If they had a decent secondary they'd win this district. Unfortunately they do not, they will beat Sterling and I believe they match up well with porter because they have a similar slow offense. I don't see them beating Crosby however, I've seen better D in 7 on 7 games. As long as a team has a decent passing attack, La porte will not win coming from behind with their style of offense. 

The timing of those TD’s was critical. The fumble recovery for TD followed by one of PAM’s stops of LP, and then another PAM score was 2 score swing. The 2nd return for TD by PAM left LP no time on clock in the 1st half.

PAM’s run D is as atrocious as LP’s pass D.

KWP will present PAM a balanced power O & a solid D. They match up size wise with PAM well. (PAM had some good size young men.) As I said, I’d be torn between y’all’s squads right now. KWP actually shut down LP. PAM really didn’t. Not sure LP had 250 total yards against KWP. LP had that in the 1st half against PAM.

50 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

The timing of those TD’s was critical. The fumble recovery for TD followed by one of PAM’s stops of LP, and then another PAM score was 2 score swing. The 2nd return for TD by PAM left LP no time on clock in the 1st half.

KWP will present PAM a balanced power O & a solid D. They match up size wise with PAM well. (PAM had some good size young men.) As I said, I’d be torn between y’all’s squads right now. KWP actually shut down LP. PAM really didn’t. Not sure LP had 250 total yards against KWP. LP had that in the 1st half against PAM.

Eh, I'll agree to disagree, La Porte will probably be our rival for the foreseeable future. The Baytown schools aren't very good and our district is constantly changing, Crosby and Barbers Hill will continue to grow and eventually go 6A. It was almost guaranteed we would lose to La porte in the early 2000s but since that 2011 playoff win, PAM has had the better program and closed the gap.

20 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

Eh, I'll agree to disagree, La Porte will probably be our rival for the foreseeable future. The Baytown schools aren't very good and our district is constantly changing, Crosby and Barbers Hill will continue to grow and eventually go 6A. It was almost guaranteed we would lose to La porte in the early 2000s but since that 2011 playoff win, PAM has had the better program and closed the gap.

Ppl that's negative energy for the program wont agree. But knowledgeable folks agree LP is our rival. And we got a few more wins to go but we coming. 

15 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

IMHO it will take LP a couple of years to get back to where they were. The powers that be had some strange calls on the program & staff. Let’s just say new supers seem to like to make their own marks—sometimes without fully knowing the town’s culture yet. They seem to be back on track now. But, the last couple of hires—pre Berneathy—did set them back.

PAM has always had the talent. But, I agree. It took KH to get them to play more as a team, and use the talent. It’s a good rivalry to build back.

Just now, OlDawg said:

IMHO it will take LP a couple of years to get back to where they were. The powers that be had some strange calls on the program & staff. Let’s just say new supers seem to like to make their own marks—sometimes without fully knowing the town’s culture yet. They seem to be back on track now. But, the last couple of hires—pre Berneathy—did set them back.

PAM has always had the talent. But, I agree. It took KH to get them to play more as a team, and use the talent. It’s a good rivalry to build back.

Always respected LP. Now North Shore.... No. Not when we play. After its cool.

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

@pakronos , thoughts on this results?  You went quiet after PAM took command of this game.

I’m in PA and let’s just say I was… preoccupied lol… bae wanted cuddles lol. good quality win. Offense showed out and it was expected they would get gashed up the middle. Good adjustment at halftime. They just need to have this EVERY GAME

4 hours ago, OlDawg said:

I don't agree with this statement. Imo, the only reason is because PAM hasn't seen this style in a long time. Remember, the last time we played (2 yrs ago) LP was attempting to be a passing team. 

4 hours ago, OlDawg said:

The one good thing they did was make the adjustment in the second half, but gave up two big passing plays. Outside of that, the D played well

3 hours ago, ThaGhost said:

I don't agree with this statement. Imo, the only reason is because PAM hasn't seen this style in a long time. Remember, the last time we played (2 yrs ago) LP was attempting to be a passing team. 

We can agree to disagree and be good. 👍 

What O LP was running 2 years ago had no bearing on Friday night, unless PAM was studying 2 year old film, and scouting in a Time Machine.

To make it more accurate, let’s say PAM’s run D was horrible against LP last night. LP’s pass D was horrible against PAM last night. (Or, we could be positive and say PAM’s pass game kicked butt last night, and LP’s run game kicked butt last night.)

Y’all probably won’t like that I believe KWP’s style/scheme this year is more suited for PO football outside in the elements in Texas either. I don’t know what they’ve done before as I never observed. But, this year, their team is more suited to it than PAM IMHO. Is what it is…

Since y’all both should make the PO’s, I will root for both. Just what I do. (Also, still hope LP can make it back.)

44 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

We can agree to disagree and be good. 👍 

What O LP was running 2 years ago had no bearing on Friday night, unless PAM was studying 2 year old film, and scouting in a Time Machine.

To make it more accurate, let’s say PAM’s run D was horrible against LP last night. LP’s pass D was horrible against PAM last night. (Or, we could be positive and say PAM’s pass game kicked butt last night, and LP’s run game kicked butt last night.)

Y’all probably won’t like that I believe KWP’s style/scheme this year is more suited for PO football outside in the elements in Texas either. I don’t know what they’ve done before as I never observed. But, this year, their team is more suited to it than PAM IMHO. Is what it is…

Since y’all both should make the PO’s, I will root for both. Just what I do. (Also, still hope LP can make it back.)

It's all good. Hope we meet again in the playoffs 😁

20 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I love LP fans and going up against their teams. It's North Shore who i gotta issue with lmao 🤣

LOL…

Many NS fans aren’t old enough to remember when they were everybody’s Homecoming game. It really wasn’t that long ago—to me anyway—either.