fort bend marshall at crosby sept 1

lcm93

16 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Was Klein that good last week or FBM that bad?? 14-7 was kinda odd. At least FBM won though. 

Looks like FBM had a sloppy game against a 6A opponent and was still leading 14-0 in the 4th quarter. FBM turned the ball over 3 times due to fumbles , but out gained Klein 352 yards to 179.  

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to fort bend marshall at crosby sept 1

Well, we'll see what happens tonight. We're still going to be down seven starters and potentially eight depending on how you want to look at it. Hard to get a good evaluation on the team when we're missing so many impact players. Throw in the fact that none of the transfers are eligible yet and it makes us even shorter on depth. Hopefully the drop in competition allows us to play a little better tonight but it doesn't look like any of the injured players will be allowed to suit up until at least the BH game. 

On 8/29/2022 at 10:45 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Ahhhhhh. Ok, makes sense now. 

FB Marshall hit a slant to Banks for 95 yards on their first offensive play and then basically stalled the rest of the game. Klein was better than FB Marshall at the line of scrimmage and could've scored a lot more points but their QB can't hit the side of a barn. FBM was playing solid defense though. 

At the beginning of the year I said if FB Marshall moved Jakoby Banks to wide receiver they might start to look like closer to those '18 and '19 teams. Last year they didn't have very good QB play and the kid they have they have now wasn't overly impressive against Klein but I assume it was his first career start. With guys out we don't have anybody that can stick Banks so that's a concern but I also think our offense will have a better day, particularly Myles, without five huge D1 kids collapsing the pocket on him. I think he was 5/13 for 46 yards 1/1 and had -4 yards rushing but again, it's hard to make anything of that when his two playmakers are missing on the outside. 

On 8/30/2022 at 8:19 PM, Justafan72 said:

Keep the faith Cougs ! Two powerful 6A teams in a row maybe was too much of a reach.They will bounce back.

That's the crazy part. We looked so solid against Lamar and then in a span of two weeks we get 8 kids hurt. We even have some backups of the hurt players hurt. I don't even think some of the kids we had playing last week were even listed in the program? It is what it is though, we won't see anything else like Lamar or King on the schedule this year. 

31 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Did you know that he can bench press 400lbs of Crawfish? 

Y'all probably need to get in the weight room too. With it being as stormy as it is I'm sure y'all could use the extra strength to tie your houses down. Y'all can't afford for much more of your population to float away before y'all drop another class.