Rusk Baseball Coach to Lumberton?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol parents? they are good little loud at times but they wont criticize the coaches

If that is the truth Lumberton would be the greatest place to coach in the world! But we all know that parents will always criticize no matter were you coach just some parents are a little worse than others! From what I hear about L town it is a wasp nest....

I am not a freshmen parent , and in fact I have coached some of these boys for a long time. these kids are getting on here talking good things about their past coach because they are probably afraid that he will say something bad to the new coach about them. That is the only reason I think they are doing this. Raider09 and Ltownpitcher21, I am glad that you are so into baseball that's great, but remember not everyone thnks the same way you do. knowing that there is talent at lumberton, they should let the kids play and yes have some discipline, but not like it was last year. once again, I am just writing down my thoughts. if buff is such a good coach, why isn't h e at LCM, PNG, or Nedederland, just something for you to think about. i honestly think he brainwashed some of these kids last year. we will see this upcomming year, how a laid back coach will get more performance out of these kids than a dictator. i am looking forward to the direction of the program, and yes i will be at most games.

I am not a freshmen parent ' date=' and in fact I have coached some of these boys for a long time. these kids are getting on here talking good things about their past coach because they are probably afraid that he will say something bad to the new coach about them. That is the only reason I think they are doing this. Raider09 and Ltownpitcher21, I am glad that you are so into baseball that's great, but remember not everyone thnks the same way you do. knowing that there is talent at lumberton, they should let the kids play and yes have some discipline, but not like it was last year. once again, I am just writing down my thoughts. if buff is such a good coach, why isn't h e at LCM, PNG, or Nedederland, just something for you to think about. i honestly think he brainwashed some of these kids last year. we will see this upcomming year, how a laid back coach will get more performance out of these kids than a dictator. i am looking forward to the direction of the program, and yes i will be at most games.[/quote']

Brainwashed? You people are sick. I'm driving around Lumberton from this point on. I will not travel through that town. Something weird is going on there.

Haha brainwashed how do you think that is, and we can talk good about our coach cause he taught us alot of stuff of course he did some things i did not like but thats his style of coaching, and some of the porblem in Lumberton is no dicipline and now we got a AD that is bringing that to

Lumberton, and no one was brainwashed during this past season sticky so dont be afriad

I am not a freshmen parent ' date=' and in fact I have coached some of these boys for a long time. these kids are getting on here talking good things about their past coach because they are probably afraid that he will say something bad to the new coach about them. That is the only reason I think they are doing this. Raider09 and Ltownpitcher21, I am glad that you are so into baseball that's great, but remember not everyone thnks the same way you do. knowing that there is talent at lumberton, they should let the kids play and yes have some discipline, but not like it was last year. once again, I am just writing down my thoughts. if buff is such a good coach, why isn't h e at LCM, PNG, or Nedederland, just something for you to think about. i honestly think he brainwashed some of these kids last year. we will see this upcomming year, how a laid back coach will get more performance out of these kids than a dictator. i am looking forward to the direction of the program, and yes i will be at most games.[/quote']

Anyone who has ever coached a group of young men or women at the Varsity level would understand what these young men are talking about LOYALTY!!!! Varsity sports are not for everyone it is not easy being a coach and it is even harder to be a Parent of a Varsity player. Most times parents have a veiw of there little one that is not quite on the mark (to put it nice). Lumberton has been a good program in the past but once again there is a reason why Ltown is on its 3rd coach in 3 years. Have a clue and maybe back off!

Guest BobcatBeliever

I think Champion hit the nail on the head when he said that parents of varsity players sometimes still see their "little leaguer" which isn't so accurate any longer. Paren'ts need to ease up and let these guys do their jobs. Otherwise, maybe they should have taken to the time to get their own college degree and coach themselves. :wink: And Lumberton certainly isn't exclusive to the mentality....it's a nationwide epidemic. I wonder if anybody ever sits in front of a baseball team waiting to play and listen to them talking about obnoxious parents and how embarrassing they are...I have, it's quite humorous....and YES, it's your kid saying it too...

radermania im not sayin the stuff i do cuz im afriad buff will tell the new coach...heck i dont give a rats rear end wut buff tells the new coach im still gonna think ur ignorant. and u should probly just stop talking on here cuz it just lets people know how more and more ignorant u can be. i mean the stuff that u say just makes our town look piss poor.

raider 09 is exactly right. i played for buff this year on varsity, and he was an awesome coach. one of the only reasons he resigned is b/c he made the mistake of trying to be mr. nice guy at the beginning of the year by cutting the kids that no offense, sucked. and when it came time for the games to start coming ... there kids werent seeing the field. parents basically made the season stink. just a little info for the parents (not trying to be mean btw) but this isnt little league anymore...your kids dont HAVE to play!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lumberton is getting a good coach in Reyenga and an even better person. He will coach hard and get results from his players. I coached with Shane for 5 years and know for a fact he will not put up with parents who try to tell him how to run his team. Raidermania ( idiot ) , You will find this out soon enough, so my advice to you is to keep your mouth shut and let the man coach. Just because you coached little league for 9 years doesn't make you an expert on baseball or for that matter an expert on Lumberton baseball. If you know so much about the baseball situation in Lumberton maybe you should have applied for the job. We coaches see your type all the time. You seem to have all the answers as you sit in the bleacher eating you popcorn and drinking your sodas. Face the facts, if your son was any good he would be starting. Maybe he should do as the coach expects and not do what you expect of him. As always, IT IS THE COACHES FAULT, THE COACH NEVER GAVE MY KID A CHANCE.

Good luck Shane,

BIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I played vs. Shane and he nor the rest of those guys on that squad took any CRAP..........he was a great compeditor on the field I would expect he's more compeditive in the Coaches box............Good luck Coach Reyenga..............I think.........Oh...............Oh ya........ I have a case of PARENT REPELANT in the back of my truck if you need it..............LOL Glade to see you back in the area.

• 1 month later...
Guest 972BBallCoach

I rarely ever get on here but I feel I have too now. As a coach, the first thing you have to accomplish whether it be Basketball, Football or in this case Baseball is DISCIPLINE. If my kids don't wear the appropriate gear I run them in the ground. It only happens 1 or 2 times a year. As far as playing kids in positions they have played their entire lives ,I think that is Hilarious. Kids change physically from age 5 to age 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18. In my experiences, most of what the little league coaches teach the kids, is not what I want the kids to learn. I don't blame the coaches but I do think they need to be better educated at what they are doing. This is one reason I can't stand the LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES. Raidermania, I think since you know so much about a sport, why don't you get a REAL coaching job. Anybody can coach little league. How many classes would I have to take to coach little league ? Do I need to be "COPED" every year to coach little league ? Do I need to go to Seminars to learn how to become a better coach if I coach Little Leauge ? What kind of agility workouts do I need to learn to coach little league ? How do I communicate with other parents ? You have no idea what a real coach has to put up with. On top of all this, we have to put up with this type of crap. I now see why Lumbertons athletic program is horrible (as a whole) year after year (no offense Lumberton People). You can say you don't have as much athleticism as other schools. And to a point that is true. However with discipline and hard working athletes, you can over come those odds a lot (not always but consistently). I have done it as a player and as a coach. This is one reason I left the Beaumont area. Kids (in general in the golden triangle) are sheltered from mommy and daddy. I personally like Lumberton. I know the football program WILL make the play offs this year if the community will allow a coach to coach. Basketball will be better than it has been. Jason is a good coach and he will do what is right for his program. Baseball will be better If Raidermania is not allowed at the games or if he is hired as an assistant coacn. In conclusion I do not appreciate you bashing other coaches. We don't go to your jobs and bash you publically, so don't do it to us. If you have a problem with us, call us. Make an appointment with us. If that doesn't work than maybe you need to stop living your life through your children and get over it. My only other advice for you is to not let your child play anymore and let him get a job somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder