Lumberton 33 Nederland 7 Final/Raiders make playoffs for first time!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hats off to lumberton... The better team definately won tonight.  Our kids gave it there best and thats all you can ask.  I am very dissapointed in Nederland.  I don't know where everything went so wrong. I don't know who is to blame. All I know is that I don't want to have to go through this again next year.

The only negative thing I have to say about Lumberton is there announcers lack of class.  I thought this was about honor and sportsmanship all he showed was unproffesionalism and incredible biase.  I have never experienced anything so ridiculous in a high school sporting event.  I also thought the fire trucks and horn were a bit much.... BUT enjoy your run this year because NEXT YEAR... it will back to your usual position at the bottom of the district standings. 

Seriously, congrats to Lumberton and all your fans yall did a great job tonight and I hope yall have a deep run in the playoffs.

Lumberton was the better team for sure, great crowd and playoff atmosphere. The Raiders have a good squad on both sides of the ball.

Lumberton , PNG and Dayton for sure are the cream of the crop in this district. It's really hard to believe we still had a chance at the playoffs in the last game of district. I'm not sure we could beat Vidor, LCM, Central or Ozen right now

Good luck in the playoffs to all the teams.

A huge congrats to the Raiders on making history!!  The playoffs are a blast and I am glad that your community will get to experience that, hopefully for 5 or 6 weeks!  Without a doubt, the better team won tonight, hands down.  I also thought the spirit & fan support I saw in L-town tonight was second to none in the district.  You guys are pumped and you should be - the Raiders look dang good this year!  I'll be backing you & all of 22-4A in the coming weeks.  Best of luck in the playoffs!!

BTW, I thought their announcer was great!  I enjoyed his enthusiasm.   :)

Congrats Lumberton, don't listen to all of the garbage coming from some of the Nederland Posters.  It's amazing that some of the Ned fans can bash Lumberton fans right now.  The Raiders made school history tonight, and I for one think they ought to be able to get on here and show their pride.

Congrats Lumberton, don't listen to all of the garbage coming from some of the Nederland Posters.  It's amazing that some of the Ned fans can bash Lumberton fans right now.  The Raiders made school history tonight, and I for one think they ought to be able to get on here and show their pride.

Yeah, you're right. Trying very hard to ignore them and just enjoy the win.

Great win for our boys...they deserve it!!

I haven't seen much Lumberton bashing from Nederland.  Most of our posters have pretty much tipped their caps to Lumberton and wished them well going forward.  I will do the same here.  They were the better team and clearly deserve to be in the playoffs.

As for the Vidor fan who is gloating that our streak is over...well, the good news is that yours is still intact my friend.  All good things must come to an end.  Now it is time for the Dogs to start a new streak and I believe the talent coming down the pipe in the coming years will give us an opportunity to do just that.

Best of luck to all of the local teams advancing.  Bring some hardware back to SE Texas.

A huge congrats to the Raiders on making history!!  The playoffs are a blast and I am glad that your community will get to experience that, hopefully for 5 or 6 weeks!  Without a doubt, the better team won tonight, hands down.  I also thought the spirit & fan support I saw in L-town tonight was second to none in the district.  You guys are pumped and you should be - the Raiders look dang good this year!  I'll be backing you & all of 22-4A in the coming weeks.  Best of luck in the playoffs!!

BTW, I thought their announcer was great!  I enjoyed his enthusiasm.   :)

I thought their announcer was great as well! Maybe we can all chip in and hire him!

SMP/VHS what are you talking about.... I've read three posts from Nederland fans tipping their cap and conceding they were beat be the better team... learn how to win.  Congrats to the Lumberton community, you folks deserve it, enjoy the playoff run, will be lots of fun!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder