Lumberton 55 Tarkington 67/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Lumberton 55 Tarkington 67/FINAL
36 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Great question... I just heard whoever they are missing is supposed to be as good as the young man that played for them last year and is now at Lamar.

Come on now that was a special player last year, so I don’t know about that one. I do know they are missing 3 starters though

39 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Great question... I just heard whoever they are missing is supposed to be as good as the young man that played for them last year and is now at Lamar.

Oh come on. Whoever told you that should lose all credibility of knowing basketball. There is no one on their roster that is anywhere close to as good as Brock was last year. I am not taking anything anyway from any of those kids, but that was how good he was. Sometimes adding players who haven’t been around in a while can mess up chemistry also. 

3 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Raiders will be just fine.... Coach Mitchell and the star player will be back soon. When that happens everybody look out. 

Sure ok.. 😂 I" will be sure to tell the Silsbee Tigers they better wacth out for when Coach Mitchell gets back and Lumbertons Star Player ..!  🙄😂🤣

who is star player on the bench?

i would say lumberton has no star player

they have two big guys (6'4" and 6'3") on side that can greatly help with lack of size underneath - neither a star - one was a starter last year, other got minimum playing time

you have a 6'2" forward that at time plays great and at other times cant get the coach off his A....

thats 3 hurt guys on bench

like them or love them Silsbee is a good team and team to beat.

Lumberton struggles against the press - and if i was a betting man - Silsbee gonna put some press on them

Nederland, HF, Santa Fe, and LCM (for about a minute until they started playing games) all put press on raiders and allowed many points to get counted and a Lose when final buzzer sounded

31 minutes ago, The Observer said:

no superstar in the bunch

now a good group of guys that once 100% healthy and playing as team

can win some games and at best finish 2nd in district

unless covid crashes Silsbee

Isn't that what happened last year when Lumberton beat Silsbee?

49 minutes ago, The Observer said:

who is star player on the bench?

i would say lumberton has no star player

they have two big guys (6'4" and 6'3") on side that can greatly help with lack of size underneath - neither a star - one was a starter last year, other got minimum playing time

you have a 6'2" forward that at time plays great and at other times cant get the coach off his A....

thats 3 hurt guys on bench

Lumberton has  a first team all-district post player from last year that is hurt on the bench right now and another kid that started for them last year and this year but he broke his wrist. Those guys were starters last year.