****NEDERLAND VS LUMBERTON/WHO TAKES FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT?*****

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tiger12   I see what you are doing.  Getting to much dust on the paddle just have to take it out for a little stir ;D  I know.   Its been boring on the softball thread.   Need to get in a little practice

Go BULLDOGS!   

WHAT??? Just trying to get ALL of MC on the same side pulling, only going by what I've read on here about MC "sticking" together! That's what I'm doing.......pulling for another Hardin County team!

I still have a hard time going against Neumann with his back to the wall.I feel he will have his dogs ready.Nederlands run defense will have to be ready and Guittierez being out is not going to help. Lumberton will bring an offense very similar to PNG's. Hussey is tough to stop, and they did pass against PNG. I was impressed with the coaches son. He is a good receiver.I think if Luberton brings the pressure to the young qb as PNG did, then they can stop the pass.PNG only sacked him once but rushed him all night.

After seeing both teams play I give Lumberton a slight edge (especially with Guittierez out), but I will never count out Neumann.He knows how to win and always seems to find a way.

I still have a hard time going against Neumann with his back to the wall.I feel he will have his dogs ready.Nederlands run defense will have to be ready and Guittierez being out is not going to help. Lumberton will bring an offense very similar to PNG's. Hussey is tough to stop, and they did pass against PNG. I was impressed with the coaches son. He is a good receiver.I think if Luberton brings the pressure to the young qb as PNG did, then they can stop the pass.PNG only sacked him once but rushed him all night.

After seeing both teams play I give Lumberton a slight edge (especially with Guittierez out), but I will never count out Neumann.He knows how to win and always seems to find a way.

Pretty good analysis pngfan1. I also feel like Lumberton resembles PN-G quite a bit. Nederland is a finesse team this year and hopefully we can finally do a little hitting and wrapping up on defense for once this season! We had trouble with PN-G's physicality and had trouble with Dayton's speed and toughness. I hope the Dogs bring it this week because I know the Raiders can taste it!

We have a really balanced team...many different people to go to whether it is run or pass. I know they have the ability to win this game...just hope they pull it off. I don't think any of you can fully grasp what this win will mean to us. So many of the kids have parents that graduated from Lumberton and we've waited a long time. And it's a great group of boys for it to happen to. Not to mention Coach C and several asst's who are also Lumberton grads.

From what I have read (havn't seen Nederland this year other than the Dayton video). If Lumberton will man up on the receivers this should slow down their passing attack. This should make it harder for the receivers to get open quick and allow Lumberton to put pressure on the QB. From the stats I have seen Nederland is lacking a RB like they have had in the past. I think the key is to shut down the quick pass. This could be a key to a Lumberton victory. (this is in no way bashing Nederland, it is just a plan I thought might work) So what do yall think?

You can't man up on most of the Nederland WR's, especially Asa, Dayton did a good job of containing him, but Asa will burn you if you man up, as will Brady, these two are very fast WR's. Broussard is a quick one too. Not having the run game hurts alot. Hopefully we can get some kind of running game going during the game.

No put our best DB on Asa man on man. Lumberton has some good DBs. They all look to have some speed too. The problem I have seen with them in the past is they play a REAL loose zone. This will NOT work against Nederland. They will Kill us on the short quick routes. That is why I suggest playing man up. I think Lumberton has the talent to pull it off, this should give the Dline and LBs time to get to the QB. One last thing is the Nederland coaches are smart they will figure a way to beat this so that will call for Lumberton to mix it up a bit. Play a bump and run type of zone. Rough the receivers up off the line and disrupt their patterns they will definitely need to be physical those 1st 5 yds. All of this is easier said than done though just a idea, Lumberton definitely needs to improve the pass coverage reguardless.

Raider88,

I am a realistic Nederland fan. Trust me on this, our WR's CAN be covered man to man. Just look at last week's video. I will say that although Dayton is an excellent ballclub, that did not look like the team I have been watching all season last week. The game was not even as close as the score! I did not think prior to last week that a team could completely shut our offense down. But, I was wrong. We do have some good WR's, but they are not uncoverable by any means. I do think the Lumberton DB's and safeties will have their hands full all night, but I also believe the Nederland defense has an even bigger chore of stopping a good Lumberton offense. I think it will take AT LEAST 30 points for US to win this game. Not sure how many points it would take for Lumberton to win, that just depends on how well they defend the pass in my opinion.

I'm just as realistic as you jake, never did I say they are uncoverable, I just said it's hard to keep them in check, and hard to man up due to their speed  ;D

I agree that we have a very good WR core. But, I think a few people hyped them up way too much last week and look what happened. I can't wait until Friday night. I still have a terrible taste in my mouth from last Friday night and I know that this week can't be as bad!  :-\

Even though we completed only 8 passes, they were our best plays of the game, lol.I don't think I've seen such a great defensive play in the 22-4a district than what I saw Friday night, but if Dayton's D had been like that all year, I'm pretty sure everyones total yards would have looked somewhere close to Big Ned's. But for all fun and games, I hope them raiders have a hard time keeping up with the WR's, we will do our best to get ready for that power house running ;D

I have no idea who will win this game but if I could pick any game to attend Friday night, this would be the one!  I don't even care who wins but I love to watch a game with everything on the line for both teams.  Good luck to the Raiders and Dogs and may the best team win!! ;D

Raider88,

Trust me on this, our WR's CAN be covered man to man. Just look at last week's video. I will say that although Dayton is an excellent ballclub, that did not look like the team I have been watching all season last week. The game was not even as close as the score! I did not think prior to last week that a team could completely shut our offense down. But, I was wrong. We do have some good WR's, but they are not uncoverable by any means. I do think the Lumberton DB's and safeties will have their hands full all night, but I also believe the Nederland defense has an even bigger chore of stopping a good Lumberton offense. I think it will take AT LEAST 30 points for US to win this game. Not sure how many points it would take for Lumberton to win, that just depends on how well they defend the pass in my opinion.

I am a realistic football fan too. Heck I am sure we all are in our own minds. :)

To me our defense will be the key. We know both teams have a good offense, Lumberton has consistantly played very good agressive defense all year long. The only question mark is how well will our defense play as a team. I think Lumberton is going to have success running outside and throwing underneath and I do not think Lumbertons defense is going to give our offense any cheap completions and definitely not any chap rushing yards. The receivers are going to have to know where the 1st down markers are at and they are going to have to earn their yards. They are going to have to adjust and not continue to do the same thing when Lumberton figures it out.  Asa makes some great catches for sure, but there are a lot of big play completions where I know everyone held their breath when the ball was in the air this year. Im not talking about throws into tight coverage, I have a lot of confidence in Kirby throwing in coverage. Its the vertical throws that scare me. So many have been caught that looked downright lucky (credit to ASA) and should have been knocked down or intercepted. PNG did a good job of stopping it and Dayton,,, well, you know. One thing I have to say is that although Kirby is sometimes hesitant and misses open receivers which is totally excusable for a young new QB, he seldom makes really bad decisions. HE usually knows where the defense is, when to run and when to throw it away. His good judgement has been his best asset to me.

Guest 87CRU79

Nederland has been in this situation every year for the past 5-6 years. For example, in '03 Nederland had to beat Vidor and PNG had to beat Ozen; in '05 due to Hurricane Rita, Nederland, Ozen and PNG were all stuck in 2nd place, and they had to coin flip. Those are only a couple of examples, but Nederland has been down this path before.

The Lumberton community is 110% behind their team, and the Raiders are playing some inspired football right now. But if I had to pick anyone in this game, it would have to be Nederland. Neumann has the experience in these type of scenarios, but he's gonna have to get his boys jacked up to play because the Raiders are gonna bring it.

Can't wait to go watch!

Nederland 28 - Lumberton 17

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder