Deshaun Watson Allegations

CardinalBacker

Kinda surprised this hasn't popped up being a sports board and all.  My thought are these... if somebody pops up making an allegation against a kid that just signed a $140 million contract, you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt.  When those allegations start coming from every angle, you then have to start thinking about the whole "smoke/fire" analogy.  When 24 different women come out with the same allegation, you then have to wonder how many are just trying to slide in for a quick buck.

My thought... Deshuan has access to trainers, chiros, and massage therapists through the team.  If he found a therapist that he liked better, then I wouldn't be surprised if he kept using that person outside of the team.  BUT, if a dude keeps trolling instagram trying to find dozens of attractive massage therapists and uses them only once... I'm guessing that he likes doing his routine on fresh faces, if you know what I mean.  FWIW, I know a massage therapist in Beaumont that carries a .380 into the treatment room and claims to have actually pulled the thing out twice on patients by whom she felt threatened.  My OPINION is that the man is a line-crosser.

The really impressive thing is watching how the media is doing their best to avoid talking about it.  Who do they back?  Do they come out in defense of the powerless women or the upwardly mobile young black man?  Either way, they're gonna make a bunch of their own angry.  Deshaun is basically getting a pass by the media at this point, or the accusers are getting a grave injustice in regards to the lack of publicity.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Kinda surprised this hasn't popped up being a sports board and all.  My thought are these... if somebody pops up making an allegation against a kid that just signed a $140 million contract, you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt.  When those allegations start coming from every angle, you then have to start thinking about the whole "smoke/fire" analogy.  When 24 different women come out with the same allegation, you then have to wonder how many are just trying to slide in for a quick buck.

My thought... Deshuan has access to trainers, chiros, and massage therapists through the team.  If he found a therapist that he liked better, then I wouldn't be surprised if he kept using that person outside of the team.  BUT, if a dude keeps trolling instagram trying to find dozens of attractive massage therapists and uses them only once... I'm guessing that he likes doing his routine on fresh faces, if you know what I mean.  FWIW, I know a massage therapist in Beaumont that carries a .380 into the treatment room and claims to have actually pulled the thing out twice on patients by whom she felt threatened.  My OPINION is that the man is a line-crosser.

The really impressive thing is watching how the media is doing their best to avoid talking about it.  Who do they back?  Do they come out in defense of the powerless women or the upwardly mobile young black man?  Either way, they're gonna make a bunch of their own angry.  Deshaun is basically getting a pass by the media at this point, or the accusers are getting a grave injustice in regards to the lack of publicity.

I’ll say this..... if I had Watsons money, I am positive I could do a lot better than a massage therapist. Ever see the women sitting directly behind the bench at an  NBA game? That’s what I’m talking about and they’re gold diggers. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is actually a great point.  The media really struggles when there isn't blame to be placed on the white man, and I hold this opinion despite certainly not falling in with the crazy far right who usually screams about the media.  I can guarantee you if this story was dropping about Christian McCaffery he would already be completely cancelled from the league, and liberals would be lined up with their pitchforks and safety pins. 

All that being said, as to the case itself, I think you hit the nail on the head.  With this many women coming forward, there are no doubt some people looking for a payout, but also almost certainly some women who've been sexually assaulted.  I'm sure considering who he is, and also the fact that these are "instagram masseuses", he also probably gets a lot of consensual action using this technique, and some of those willing participants have now turned into speculative gold diggers. The real issue I have is that these "victims" are going through civil court without ever going to the police, and their lawyer contacted the accused in an effort to secure a monetary settlement before going public with accusations.  It's obviously a money grab, but again, almost a certainty that he's acted inappropriately numerous times.  

11 minutes ago, baddog said:

I’ll say this..... if I had Watsons money, I am positive I could do a lot better than a massage therapist. Ever see the women sitting directly behind the bench at an  NBA game? That’s what I’m talking about and they’re gold diggers. 

I think it's a power thing.... I mean, there are dudes that wait naked in their hotel rooms for a chance to wave their wang at the housekeeper when she comes in.