Bridge City vs Columbus

Who will advance?  

1. 1. Who will advance?

Guest Jody

Who will be heading to the region finals after next week?

BC will have their work cut out for them against WC. I hope some of the games will be at BH, but if not....good luck.

If BC is put in a 1 or 2 run games, I doubt they win.

I thought they played Columbus last year over at Spring Westfield. That is quite a hike from here (especially during the week). BC has graduation on Sat morning so that may impact the schedule' date=' too.[/quote']

Last year each team chose a designated home field for a best of 3 series. BC's home field was Barbers Hill and Columbus's was Spring Westfield.

I couldn't imagine BC wanting that type of game though, only giving Angelle less than a week to recoup.. The more 'recouping' time, the better for everyone, imo..

From UIL:

TWO-OUT-OF-THREE PLAYOFF SERIES. If schools play a two-out-of-three elimination series, the first game may

be played prior to Friday, provided there is no loss of school time traveling to or participating in the game. Only one

game of a two out of three series may be played prior to Friday.

A two-out-of-three series that does not get a complete game in by the end of the day Friday automatically reverts to a one

game series. This means that if game one of a series has been suspended and cannot be completed by the end of the day

Friday, that the winner of that completed game will advance.

If one game is played and a second game cannot be played because of weather, then the winner of the one game advances

to the next round.

If two games are played (and split) and the third game cannot be played on Saturday because of weather conditions, then

the third and deciding game should be played on Monday of the next week.

Schools playing a two-out-of-three series should set parameters for the series prior to the first game. The parameters

should include how the schools will handle weather problems and delays. Things such as how far the schools will travel

to find an available field, giving up home field advantage, etc. must be discussed before one team gains a position of

advantage after the first game is completed and weather becomes a factor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder