This isn’t good.

CardinalBacker

59 minutes ago, baddog said:

This is all total BS and simply your opinion. Some people think their opinion in print somehow gives it validity. You know that Trump didn’t incite this riot, but the left and the haters have to have something to throw out there.

That's the problem... there are two different ways to interpret what happened.  You opinion is worth as much as mine.  

Trump had a rally and told all of the attendees to go down there and "fight like you've never fought before," then they went down, attacked our capitol and halted a legal election that Trump had just lost.     That much is an undisputable fact. 

The only question is whether or not Trump telling them to go down there and do x, y, and z actually led to them going down there and doing x, y, and z.  I know you can't recognize the peril in what happened or the lives lost.  But it's kinda like Hitler arguing that he was blameless for the holocaust because he didn't actually close the gas chamber doors himself. If people don't do what Trump asks them to, then why did he spend the last year and half asking all of his people to go vote, since according to you they don't listen to what he says?

19 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Could they change the age limits for potus? That would be enough to disqualify trump for 2024.

I think they need to change the age limits anyway, regardless of Trump trying to trick his supporters into overthrowing the government. These 70 year old DINOSAURS have no idea what the hell theyre doing 

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's the problem... there are two different ways to interpret what happened.  You opinion is worth as much as mine.  

Trump had a rally and told all of the attendees to go down there and "fight like you've never fought before," then they went down, attacked our capitol and halted a legal election that Trump had just lost.     That much is an undisputable fact. 

The only question is whether or not Trump telling them to go down there and do x, y, and z actually led to them going down there and doing x, y, and z.  I know you can't recognize the peril in what happened or the lives lost.  But it's kinda like Hitler arguing that he was blameless for the holocaust because he didn't actually close the gas chamber doors himself. If people don't do what Trump asks them to, then why did he spend the last year and half asking all of his people to go vote, since according to you they don't listen to what he says?

I don’t need anyone doing my talking for me or attempting to read between the lines. I am  pretty straight forward. Your Hitler comparison is laughable at best. Always good to compare to the worst mass murderers of all time to make your point more effective. 
There are numerous ways to “fight”. I can fight you in court, in a sporting  contest, or with a peaceful protest. 
The reason your opinion holds no water with me is that you despise Trump. No one on the face of the earth could be as wrong as you make Trump out to be. 

1 hour ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I think they need to change the age limits anyway, regardless of Trump trying to trick his supporters into overthrowing the government. These 70 year old DINOSAURS have no idea what the hell theyre doing 

I just know that we all have an “expiration” date... that point at which our abilities start to suffer. For most of us it’s in our mid/late sixties. I have had several coworkers retire and they honestly just slow down and become less effective as they age. It unfortunate, but real. In Texas you can’t run for a judgeship after 72... I think that’s more than fair. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

But it's kinda like Hitler arguing that he was blameless for the holocaust because he didn't actually close the gas chamber doors himself.

🙄 Not even in the same neighborhood. Especially since many, including the leftist lovely AOC, say the riots and the break-in were planned far in advance of the speech Trump gave at the rally on the day of. He’s rude, crude, a loud mouth and definitely not PC, but he did not willfully or otherwise incite a riot and/or break in.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, CardinalBacker said:

There are plenty of constitutional scholars saying the exact opposite... just like any issue.  

I think it's kinda funny because the same people who were yelling that Pence had the right to thrown out any electoral votes he didn't like and saying "where does it say that he can't" are now arguing that the impeachment trial can't be held when there's no clear admonition that it can't.

For the record, I think that it shouldn't but my opinion doesn't matter.

This is the hidden content, please