BC 8 BH 2 Final To Advance

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jody

Congrats Cards. BH pitching was not very good today and the results show it. BH needs to keep them Cards out of these small ballparks. 30 mph wind and hard hiting let the balls fly today.

On to 4-A with a smile. Lot of sophmore leaders on this tem.

Peace from West of the Trinity.

JODY and BHFAN - You guys are always welcome EAST of the Trinity - BUT I wouldn't cross the Sabine if I were you! :D

Congrats to the Hill on a great season with a bunch of young kids. No where to go but up!

Up to 4a! :lol:

Congrats to both teams on a good series!

Great job, Cardinals! :D Barbers Hill will be a force the next 2 years with that young team regardless of what classification they play in. Good luck in 4A! Great pitching job by Jeff Stringer! Super Soph, Casey goes yard twice! Cody and Johnny with blasts of their own!

Guest bleed orange

Congrats to BC, keep it going and stay focus on the task on hand. BH is a class act. I know from basketball. They have nothing to hang their heads about. Good Luck next year. I am kinda glad you are not in 3A anymore. Take that as a compliment.

#1 team in the state played like it today w/ our number three starter throwing a no-no. thats got to give us confidence. the heart of the lineup crushed the ball today. coleman almost went yard also. great effort on bh's part though. yall should make some noise next year in 4a. whos idea was it to let ricky commentate today w/ stelly? lol just kiddin you rick.

one step closer to world domination. haha

Well, the clock finally struck midnight for BH yesterday. It was actually a pretty good game (better than the 8-2 final). You just have got to give it up for the game Jeff Stringer pitched. It was just a bad time for BH's bats to go cold ('cuz they were ripping it in games 1 and 2).

BC coulda/shoulda blown this game up early, leaving the bases loaded twice in the early innings. When Barrera came back and struck out the heart of BC's order with the bases juiced, I thought that might've been a turning point for BH - they just needed to put a run on the board and Stringer didn't let that happen.

Obviously a big day for Casey Jackson with 2 bombs (along with HRs from Cody Sparks and Johnny Dishon). I still wonder about BC's defense. They were suspect all series long. That remains their 'achilles heel'. They also need Haymon to throw better than he did against BH (although I think the Eagles had a lot to do with that).

I look forward to the Columbus series and am really hoping for a BC vs. Hudson matchup in the regional final (I think both coaches gotta throw Belt vs. Angelle).

As far a windup for BH, they had a tremendous run through the playoffs by knocking off HF and Silsbee (2 really good teams) and taking BC to a 3rd game. Both BH and Huffman represented that district very well. BH has a lot of people coming back next year (including almost their entire pitching staff - I was really impressed with Hales {I've been watching him since he was 9 so seeing him develop has been a pleasure}). I want to add some props for their catcher (Campbell). I have seen him a few times this year and am very impressed with him. He is an excellent defensive catcher and (as BH's 4 hole) can swing the bat some (2 hits vs. Angelle, for example). The Eagles will compete right away in 4A.

Good luck to BC. You picked a good time to play a really good game. The road to Austin continues....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder