What schools are already consolidations (mergers)?

BIGMO44

Guest Robert Plant

I thought Central was a merger of two schools? or did French just change the name?

Central was French and BCP. BCP was Beaumont High and Chalton Pollard..

Guest Robert Plant

well how did WB come about? I thought CP merged with some school and out came WB?

WB is Forest Park, Hebert and South Park..At one time Beaumont had 6 4A's when there was no 5A in the state.

i think West hardin is a merger from Batson and Saratoga like Hull and Daisetta merged

They are back in the early to mid 60's It was the Batson Braves and the Saratoga Gators. My Dad was the last person to grad. from Batson they had 8 in his class LOL

BISD of today was a merger of Beaumont ISD with South Park ISD. They each had three high schools (French, Beaumont High, Charlton Pollard, South Park High, Forest Park and Hebert) which eventually combined into two schools after the merger. They had steps along the way. Beaumont HS combined with Charlton Pollard High School to make Beaumont Charlton Pollard HS (BCP). After a few years of that, they combined French into BCP to form what is now Central. Then they combined the other schools to make West Brook for two high schools. Not to be outdone, they added back to a third HS, Ozen.

So I think they went from two different ISD's with six high schools to 5 high schools to four high schools to two high schools and then back up to three high schools. Who knows what they will come up with next.

Guest FPHS 78

BISD of today was a merger of Beaumont ISD with South Park ISD. They each had three high schools (French, Beaumont High, Charlton Pollard, South Park High, Forest Park and Hebert) which eventually combined into two schools after the merger. They had steps along the way. Beaumont HS combined with Charlton Pollard High School to make Beaumont Charlton Pollard HS (BCP). After a few years of that, they combined French into BCP to form what is now Central. Then they combined the other schools to make West Brook for two high schools. Not to be outdone, they added back to a third HS, Ozen.

So I think they went from two different ISD's with six high schools to 5 high schools to four high schools to two high schools and then back up to three high schools. Who knows what they will come up with next.

carroll thomas will name one after himself ::)

GO DAWGS!

If memeory serves me correctly,

BISD and SP did not merge. The merger kept getting voted down. So BISD dissolved and SP had to absorb them by law.

This is why my kids would never attend BISD.

If memeory serves me correctly,

BISD and SP did not merge. The merger kept getting voted down. So BISD dissolved and SP had to absorb them by law.

This is why my kids would never attend BISD.

they should have left it all alone. Having French, BCP, South Park & Hebert was always cool. There was a PA/MC District and a BMT district that always met in the first round of the playoffs. 

back in the day kirbyville use to be really booming when the railroad was a big source. call and magnolia springs actually had schools of their own at one point and time! but, when everything started to shut down in the 50's call and ms shut down their po-dunk schools and moved all 3 of their kids into the kirbyville school which resulting in kirbyville consolidated school district.

I believe there used to be a Jr High in Loeb (south lumberton) and the kids went to High School in Silsbee, this was before Lumberton had a school.  Now of course, Loeb is Lumberton.

I thought it was Chance-Loeb High School or CLISD. I didn't think they split from Silsbee.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124