Port Neches-Groves at Vidor Predictions?

Guest TravelingBandsman

From the looks of some of these post some Png fans have the big head. I think we can go back and look at some predictions from some of these people of what central was suppose to do to us and that game could have went either way. Vidor is getting better every week and you never know what can happen on friday nights. It is funny though how just 4 or 5 short weeks ago Burnett could not have got a job coaching pop warner football in Groves everyone was wanting him fired kinda looked like some of those vidor threads but now hes the savior. Just dont lose another game coach and they might let you keep your job another year.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PNG just beat nederland and lumberton.  it's always tough to get up for a game against a struggling team after winning two games against teams previously undefeated in district.  if png can avoid overlooking the pirates, they should win by a bunch.

PNG 49

Vidor 14

Vidor always plays PNG tough and physical at home, but this is not Vidor's year,

the Indians are hungry for a playoff spot and are taking it one game at a time.Looking forward to seeing the best Homecoming Halftime in southeast Texas!!! Good luck to both teams, hope it's an injury free game for both teams!

Guest TravelingBandsman

Port Neches-Groves doesn't have to worry about playoffs now, if you beat Vidor, which I'm pretty sure you will, you could...

A. Lose out

B. Win Beaumont Central and Lose Dayton

C. Lose Beaumont Central and Win Dayton

D. Win out

Whichever one you choose, you are still in the playoffs somewhere and probably going D1.

Port Neches-Groves doesn't have to worry about playoffs now, if you beat Vidor, which I'm pretty sure you will, you could...

A. Lose out

B. Win Beaumont Central and Lose Dayton

C. Lose Beaumont Central and Win Dayton

D. Win out

Whichever one you choose, you are still in the playoffs somewhere and probably going D1.

Close but not quite.

Vidor usually pulls at least one upset a year.  I am going to go against the grain on here and say VIDOR by 3!  It is Homecoming and they will be mad about their close call last week and want it!!!  I think wins could be going to PNG's head and hopefully they could be overlooking the Pirates!  Go VIDOR get the upset surprise of the week and CELEBRATE Homecoming night boys!!!!!!!!!!

Close but not quite.

Travelingbandsman is correct.  All PNG needs to do is beat Vidor and they are in the playoffs.  Central, Dayton, Nederland, & Lumberton play to many remaining head-to-head games and they all have at least one loss already.  Do I need to remind you that PNG has zero.  If PNG would tie Nederland or Lumberton on record, PNG would enter the playoffs because they won head-to-head.  If this is not correct please inform me.  Oh yeah, PNG rolls over Vidor 35-7.

In a three way tie for first, all three go. UIL does not recognize head-to-head matchups.

The UIL doesn't determine the district championships in a tie, the district rules committee does. The UIL has no part in the mix. They just set the playoffs.

What if....

Nederland wins out...

They finish 6 and 1 and are district champs.

Dayton loses to Nederland but beats Central and PN-G

Lumberton loses it's last game to Nederland and finishes 5 and 2.

Then....

Nederland is 6 and 1

PN-G is 5 and 2

Dayton is 5 and 2

Lumberton is 5 and 2

Then it is a three way tie for 2nd....

Dayton has played Lumberton and lost 8 to 7

PN-G beat Lumberton 31 to 24

Lumberton is finished with the head to head.

There points would be +1 with Dayton and -7 with PN-G for a sum of -6.

PN-G has +7

Dayton has -1

If Dayton wins by more than 14 PN-G would be eliminated.

+7 -14 = -7

If PN-G wins by 6 or more then Dayton is eliminated.

-1 -6 = -7

Lumberton is eliminated if the game is between a 13 point Dayton win and a 5 point PN-G win.

WOW...

The math makes your head spin....

I like it, being a math teacher (MATH GIVES YOU MORE POWER!)

Of course all of this is for not, if Vidor, Ozen, Central, or LC-M win this week.

The loser of that game (except PN-G) would most likely have their playoff dreams TERMINATED!

The UIL doesn't determine the district championships in a tie, the district rules committee does. The UIL has no part in the mix. They just set the playoffs.

This is true. Here is what I found. The teams are made up:

I know that usually two teams tied with a district record have the tiebreaker decided by head to head competition (varies per district)

For Example (using :

School...........District...Overall

Podunk............5-2.......7-3

Hicksville.........5-2.......6-4

both are tied in district, but since Podunk beat Hicksville in district, then Podunk would win the tiebreaker.

Things get sticky when there are 3 way ties

For Example:

School............District....Overall

Podunk............6-1........8-2

Hicksville.........6-1........9-1

Genericville.....6-1.........6-4

all three teams are tied with 1-1 against each other and in this instance

a positive point system might be used to break the tie.

Podunk beat Hicksville by 18

Hicksville beat Genericville by 10

Genericville beat Podunk by 3

Genericville would lose out by having the smallest point victory total.

Thats why many schools try to pad their scores in district, for fear of potential ties. However usually positive points max out at 17 or 21 or whatever.

Every district's policies are different; sometimes decided by something so simple as a coin toss....

but ya... just depends on the district.

What if....

Nederland wins out...

Then....

Nederland is 6 and 1

PN-G is 5 and 2

Dayton is 5 and 2

Lumberton is 5 and 2

wow now im totally confused  lets just hope png wins out and we wont have to deal with all that madness  ???

PN-G has +7

Dayton has -1

+7 -14 = -7

-1 -6 = -7

Lumberton is eliminated if the game is between a 13 point Dayton win and a 5 point PN-G win.

WOW...

Of course all of this is for not, if Vidor, Ozen, Central, or LC-M win this week.

The loser of that game (except PN-G) would most likely have their playoff dreams TERMINATED!

Travelingbandsman is correct.  All PNG needs to do is beat Vidor and they are in the playoffs.  Central, Dayton, Nederland, & Lumberton play to many remaining head-to-head games and they all have at least one loss already.  Do I need to remind you that PNG has zero.  If PNG would tie Nederland or Lumberton on record, PNG would enter the playoffs because they won head-to-head.  If this is not correct please inform me.  Oh yeah, PNG rolls over Vidor 35-7.

Not so fast.

Nederland has games with Lumberton and Dayton.

PN-G has a game with Dayton.

If Nederland wins out, they go 6-1. That makes Lumberton 5-2 (losses to Nederland and PN-G) if they win the other two games.  Dayton will also be 5-2 (losses to Lumberton and Nederland) if the beat Central and PN-G.

If PN-G loses to Dayton and Central, they are 5-2.

In that scenario, Nederland is the district champion at 6-1 and Dayton, PN-G and Lumberton are all 5-2. Since none of the teams will have beaten both others (so no head-to-head), it will go by point spread. PN-G is +7 at the moment with the win over Lumberton. Dayton is -1 with the loss to Lumberton. Lumberton is -6 with the win over Dayton (+1) and the loss from PN-G (-7). If Dayton beats PN-G by 14 or more, PN-G is left at home in 4th place.

All of that is out the window if Nederland loses a single game or PN-G beats either Dayton or Central.

What if....

Nederland wins out...

Then....

Nederland is 6 and 1

PN-G is 5 and 2                        (where is the 2nd loss??)

Dayton is 5 and 2

Lumberton is 5 and 2

PN-G has +7

Dayton has -1

+7 -14 = -7

-1 -6 = -7

WOW...

Hey guys, I just started a 22-4a playoff picture/ scenario thread.  Lets try to get back to predictions on this one.

I'm pulling for Vidor to build on the positives from last week and catch a sleeping PNG this week by surprise. 

Vidor24

PNG21

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder