Port Neches-Groves at Vidor Predictions?

Guest TravelingBandsman

My scenario would have PN-G losing to either Vidor or Central.

The previous post said that PN-G could lost to Vidor then win one of two and get in.

That is not the case if they lost to either Vidor or Central and get beat by more than 14 against the Broncos.

..... and Nederland does not lose another game. If PN-G wins one game and Nederland loses any game, then PN-G is in the playoffs. If PN-G wins any two, they are in the playoffs.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that I was addressing is Lamar1996's statement that if PN-G beats Vidor, they are in the playoffs. That is not true. It is very likely since a series of events must take place for PN-G to not make the playoffs but it is still possible for them to miss the playoffs while being tied for second place.

All that I was addressing is Lamar1996's statement that if PN-G beats Vidor, they are in the playoffs. That is not true. It is very likely since a series of events must take place for PN-G to not make the playoffs but it is still possible for them to miss the playoffs while being tied for second place.

Thanks for helping me understand. 

Guest maverick24

man i gotta defend my team i think itll b closer than everyone thinks... if vidor wins expect us 2 storm the field lol

I noticed during the Lumberton - vidor game they had about 20 cops on the L-Train side to keep thefans from coming onto the field I thought that very strange. Do they do that all the time??

Vidor usually pulls at least one upset a year.  I am going to go against the grain on here and say VIDOR by 3!  It is Homecoming and they will be mad about their close call last week and want it!!!  I think wins could be going to PNG's head and hopefully they could be overlooking the Pirates!  Go VIDOR get the upset surprise of the week and CELEBRATE Homecoming night boys!!!!!!!!!!

To correct you, the wins are not going to PNG's head.  Of course, thats what you want to think.  You havent heard any PNG fan get on here and say we have district hands down, we realize there could be upsets.  What you have heard, is that PNG is taking it one game at a time.....thats the way its been all year, and will continue.  So, don't talk trash on PNG if you can't validate the facts. 

About the playoff picture all I know is that if Lumberton wins their next two games I am coming down for the final game against Nederland and if I drive 800 miles they better win and get in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!  I am easily confused on playoff spots though, IF Lumberton wins their next two games and if they lose to Nederland, do they not still make it to the playoffs?  And if they do win the next two and beat Nederland do they make the playoffs?  Thanks for the info!!

off subject but i just have to say this... dayton has no class what so ever. coming to our school and spray painting obscene things on their and spraying pn-gay 0 dayton 50. no clas at all. of course i realized this last year after the game when they played us. we had a bad team i know. and they talked so much crap to us after the game starting fights with fans.. what are they taught over their?

Kids will be kids.  It used to happen alot more back in the day.  it's part of being in high school.  If it was kids from Dayton maybe they will get caught.  Rumor mills spread rampid in High Schools.  Someone will talk.  I don't think all of Dayton is classless because a few may have come over and painted the school.  PNG has those types also.  So does Ned.  So Does Memorial.  and so on..... every school has them. 

off subject but i just have to say this... dayton has no class what so ever. coming to our school and spray painting obscene things on their and spraying pn-gay 0 dayton 50. no clas at all. of course i realized this last year after the game when they played us. we had a bad team i know. and they talked so much crap to us after the game starting fights with fans.. what are they taught over their?

Wow...off topic...but I never heard anything about that. was there a thread about that on here last year??? Once again, I wouldn't make any generalizations. After the game me and my buddies walked to the truck and went home along with about a 1000 others. Who picked the fights??? After all this time you would think the suspects would be found out.

Also...          THEIR implies ownership.....THERE.....implies location. Way to show off that CLASSY png education.  :-\

Guest TravelingBandsman

I was on Wikipedia one time a few weeks ago before the PN-G/Nederland game and was looking at the page for Port Neches, Texas and was reading under education and someone had edited words in at the end that said that they would soon be defeated by the Bulldogs and be known as the losers they really were or something like that. I thought it was funny after the game panned out.

OKAY no need to start pointing fingers at anyone.  Chances are it was someone local, maybe even someone who is a bad apple from PNG.  I dont see any need to create speculation on these boards.  I know Pt. Neches PD is investigating these incidents.  Lets leave it to the Police and lets leave these threads and chats to what they need to be.  Smack and predictions on the teams.  No need to let this be a distraction or create more bad blood between friends on here.  All schools go thru this and no one is exempt.  It happens and thats all.  Let it go and let the authorities deal with it.

OKAY no need to start pointing fingers at anyone.  Chances are it was someone local, maybe even someone who is a bad apple from PNG.  I dont see any need to create speculation on these boards.  I know Pt. Neches PD is investigating these incidents.  Lets leave it to the Police and lets leave these threads and chats to what they need to be.  Smack and predictions on the teams.  No need to let this be a distraction or create more bad blood between friends on here.  All schools go thru this and no one is exempt.  It happens and thats all.  Let it go and let the authorities deal with it.

Good post....both are good schools with GENERALLY good fans and students.

I don't know how the PNG stadium sets up as far as fans coming in contact with players etc. But the broncos usually shake hands and then jog directly off the field to the bus or fieldhouse depending on rather the game is home or away. I'd like to know a little more info on them picking fights. someone pm me.

Oh yeah.....PNG by 3 tds.

Vidor wins IF Mathews puts the head sets on this week! ;D

Think thats the secret do ya? I wish thats all it would take. Someone on the team has to step up and make some plays for us to keep the momentum on our side when we have it. Way to many dropped passes that absolutely kill anything we get going.

youre right someone has to step and make some plays. We played a good game against central except for the last two minutes, roll out pases takes tooo much time off the clock. I honestly believe the Pirates can win friday if the dont turnover the ball, and dont give up the big play on 3rd down. There defense pretty much shut down centrals running game. The offense looked 100% better with the exeption of missed passes.

youre right someone has to step and make some plays. We played a good game against central except for the last two minutes, roll out pases takes tooo much time off the clock. I honestly believe the Pirates can win friday if the dont turnover the ball, and dont give up the big play on 3rd down. There defense pretty much shut down centrals running game. The offense looked 100% better with the exeption of missed passes.

Get over yourself.  We went away from the run because #9 got hurt.  He was moving the chains himself before he got shaken up.  So did yall realy shut anything we did down?

PNG just beat nederland and lumberton.  it's always tough to get up for a game against a struggling team after winning two games against teams previously undefeated in district.  if png can avoid overlooking the pirates, they should win by a bunch.

I agree. It is easy to take a team that is struggling too easy. PNG needs to play with the same intensity they played against Nederland and Lumberton for the rest of the district games. If they do and then play that way in the play-offs they will do very well in the play-offs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder