Catcher of the Year

Miriam Richards - LCM (Not including play-offs)

Batting Average : .348

Runs Scored : 24

On Base % : .567

Only 4 K's all year (excluding playoffs) Only 1K in District :shock:

Passed Balls : 1 all year !! :shock:

Bases Stolen : Only 4 all year :shock:

Runners Thrown out Stealing : 7 out of 11 :shock:

I have to agree with you. Miriam has been steady at the plate, and a wall behind it. She has thrown out her share of runners, and possibly could have thrown out more, but sometimes we're a little late to cover the base. But the biggest thing she does, that does not show up on any stat, is call pitches. That's right, Miriam doesn't just relay the sign, she makes the call. That is what seperates her from the rest.

Ashley Boyd is also an outstanding catcher, but I just did not get to see her play this year.

I have to agree with you. Miriam has been steady at the plate' date=' and a wall behind it. She has thrown out her share of runners, and possibly could have thrown out more, but sometimes we're a little late to cover the base. But the biggest thing she does, that does not show up on any stat, is call pitches. That's right, Miriam doesn't just relay the sign, she makes the call. That is what seperates her from the rest.

Ashley Boyd is also an outstanding catcher, but I just did not get to see her play this year.[/quote']

You are correct about that!!! Miriam has done an outstanding job of calling games from behind the plate. She's like having a coach on the field at times, and she always has her head in the game.

ASHLEY BOYD

Batting Avg. .425

ON Base .510

Walks 5

Strike outs 9 all year....only 1 looking

Homeruns 6

Only allowed 3 steals

Had about 5 pickoffs from first

She called all the pitches for Katie, who pitched all but 2 or 3 games, and had a 0.4 ERA

Named West Brook's Offensive Player of the Year and CO-MVP along with Katie Shumaker

Going with Jaques from BC - although as some referred to her she may not be as "polished" - she gets it done! Named District 24-3A Offensive Player of the Year.

AVG. .451 overall

.541 in District

Led team in RBI's with 30 overall and 21 in District!

11 SB

Fielding % of .983 overall

1.000 in District

3 passed balls all year

Threw out 5 of 7 attempting to steal!

Definitely qualifies! :D

Christina, would be my leadoff hitter, and I would probably have her somewhere in the outfield to take advantage of her speed. Don't act like someone took a shot at her. I like her and think she is one heck of a player, I just think the other two are a little ahead of her defensively. She is good enough to play at the next level, and I hope she is contacting schools now. It doesn't matter what level she starts at. If she starts JUCO, I am sure she will be recruited after those 2 years are up. And since I am there, don't think schools are going to come beat at your door, no matter who you are. If you want to play at the next level, and you are in High School, you need to be contacting schools right now!!!!

Jaques does play well behind the plate and has a good arm. She is super fast down the line as well, and you can always rely on her to fight tooth and nail to get on. Good kid. Gotta give my vote to her, always loyal to BC.......................

Jaques does play well behind the plate and has a good arm. She is super fast down the line as well, and you can always rely on her to fight tooth and nail to get on. Good kid. Gotta give my vote to her, always loyal to BC.......................

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder