Lamar trivia question

Guest abovetherim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

No Arkansas State isn't a current member. Okay 1. Lamar, yes. 2. McNeese, no. 3 SFA, no 4. TSU was DII, 5. UTSA, I don't think so. 7. NW State, nope. 8. UCA, DII 9. SE Louisiana, no way. 10. NSU, no I think not. 11. SHSU, they were DII. 12 UTA, has to be the answer. If I'm wrong its my last shot at this question.

Final answer is UTA.

You got it Dale.  I had faith in you.  Arlington State University (now UTA) was one of the five founding members of the Southland Conference with Lamar, Abilene Christian, Trinity, and Arkansas State.

The first football season was in 1964, Lamar won the conference and lost in the Pecan Bowl to Northern Iowa.

Guest abovetherim

That was a great question weslinder! I'll leave it to one of you guys to throw out another one. Quick nap then off to work for me. I only named 1/4 of the league members so I had to get it right eventually.  ;D

• 2 months later...
Guest abovetherim

I just saw that Eugene Seale has taken LB coaching job with the Demons.

What's a good trivia question here ....  Ok, what's the LU connection?

Eugene Seale was a LB for Lamar University. Was a 1st Team I-AA All-American who played high school football for the Jasper Bulldogs. Later Eugene Seale played mainly special teams and was a backup LB for the Houston Oilers after making the team as a free agent. He was huge and very strong. I'd say he was about 5-10, 235.

Bulldog92, that is correct. The ladies were 29-4. The best record the men or womens program ever had. Now, I know officially Lamar and the SLC does not recognize this elite eight team. Well, when USC returns their National Championship in FBS football with Reggie Bush I'll quit stating Lamar's Ladies make it to the Elite Eight.

You must really know about LU athletics to answer this question. Thanks for taking part in the trivia question.

Next question, Who was the last Lamar men's basketball player to be voted MVP of a conference, what was the year and what conference did Lamar play in at the time. 1. The player. 2. The year. 3. The conference.

The women's problem was they were too successfull too quickly under Barbre....and they beat the wrong people..UT and LSU on the way there.  Why doesn't the NCAA take away everything UNLV accomplished or OU with K Sampson.  Or almost every other program out there.  It's a joke on how they pick certain schools or certain teams to punish.  I'm with ABTR...the NCAA can't take away what those girls accomplished on the court.  They were awesome.

Matt Sundblad

He was one of the most excellent human beings I have ever met.  I was a student at the same time he was, and several of the most memorable games I have been to involved him.  I know we went to the tourney the year after he was done, but I really wished we could have done it a year earlier so Matt would have had that opportunity.

Will you please take that obnoxious TT flag off this site.  It is an LU site.

Matt Sundblad

He was one of the most excellent human beings I have ever met.  I was a student at the same time he was, and several of the most memorable games I have been to involved him.  I know we went to the tourney the year after he was done, but I really wished we could have done it a year earlier so Matt would have had that opportunity.

What's wrong woth my TT flag - How is it obnoxious.  I have Lamar repped on my profile as well.  I am a proud graduate of both institutions.

Guest abovetherim

As well you should be. I'm hopeful my niece follows in your foot steps. She wants to study law at TT. But, she'll make her uncle proud first earning a undergraduate degree at Lamar.  ;D

Matt Sundblad

What's wrong woth my TT flag - How is it obnoxious.  I have Lamar repped on my profile as well.  I am a proud graduate of both institutions.

There, that LU logo looks much better.  (I have 2 nephews and a brother-in-law that all graduated from TT.  They are borderline A&M obnoxious.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Bulldog92, that is correct. The ladies were 29-4. The best record the men or womens program ever had. Now, I know officially Lamar and the SLC does not recognize this elite eight team. Well, when USC returns their National Championship in FBS football with Reggie Bush I'll quit stating Lamar's Ladies make it to the Elite Eight.

You must really know about LU athletics to answer this question. Thanks for taking part in the trivia question.

Next question, Who was the last Lamar men's basketball player to be voted MVP of a conference, what was the year and what conference did Lamar play in at the time. 1. The player. 2. The year. 3. The conference.

The women's problem was they were too successfull too quickly under Barbre....and they beat the wrong people..UT and LSU on the way there.  Why doesn't the NCAA take away everything UNLV accomplished or OU with K Sampson.  Or almost every other program out there.  It's a joke on how they pick certain schools or certain teams to punish.  I'm with ABTR...the NCAA can't take away what those girls accomplished on the court.  They were awesome.

I still have my ring and they can't take that away :)

I still have my ring and they can't take that away :)

I heard you sold it?  :D

• 5 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder