Lamar trivia question

Guest abovetherim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

Okay since the Anderson question was answered here is a new one. Who was Lamar University's only men basketball player to be named Freshman of the Year?

Guest abovetherim

Okay, I'll give a hint to everyone. This player ended up transferring to Marshall.

Another trivia question with local ties. Who was the last player to lead Lamar University in rebounding three straight seasons?

Guest abovetherim

AggiesAreWe, you are 100% correct there. What a great student-athlete from Silsbee, Texas? He had to work hard but he got his degree. I'd love a few more like him. 

Guest abovetherim

Be thinking late 80's, SG about 6-3 and liked to light in up from downtown. I'm talking Mike Olliver range. One other hint, Lamar was not in the SLC at the time.

Guest abovetherim

Keith Veney - He walked into the building and was in range.  And he didn't mind putting the ball up either.

It was a shame that he transferred.

Ruckdad, that is correct. Keith Veney is the only men's basketball member to be voted Freshman of the Year.

Guest abovetherim

Next trivia question is, who is the only two-time academic All-American at Lamar University? This should be easy as there is only one person to be named Academic All-American at LU. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder