Lamar trivia question

Guest abovetherim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

AggiesAreWe, thanks for not taking that knockout shot. LamarJunior, you are correct. I knew the question was too easy. But it did go down pretty quick.

Guest abovetherim

Next question will be a little harder. Who was the last Lamar Men's Basketball Head Coach to be voted Conference Coach of the Year and what conference were the Cardinals playing in?

Matt Sundblad

He was one of the most excellent human beings I have ever met.  I was a student at the same time he was, and several of the most memorable games I have been to involved him.  I know we went to the tourney the year after he was done, but I really wished we could have done it a year earlier so Matt would have had that opportunity.

Guest abovetherim

He was one of the most excellent human beings I have ever met.  I was a student at the same time he was, and several of the most memorable games I have been to involved him.  I know we went to the tourney the year after he was done, but I really wished we could have done it a year earlier so Matt would have had that opportunity.

Ruckdad, you're right on target regarding Matt Sundblad. Great guy! Was the game you remember the game he came into in the Top 3 in the nation in FT percentage? If so, I remember that game well. Matt was a very good 3-pt shooter as well as FT shooter. With about 2 seconds left in the game Matt was fouled with Lamar losing by 3. Matt nailed the first FT as usual. Then Coach G. called TO. Matt then missed the second FT on purpose slightly to the right on the back of the rim. Ronald Nunnery (who later played of the Harlem Globetrotters) grabbed the rebound and slammed it home! Lamar tied the game with no time left and later won the game in OT. I just can't remember who we were playing. ??? It was a great game and the Montagne Center was rocking that night! 8)

I was at that game as as well.  There was also the game against Western Kentucky when he was coming back from an injury.  He played a horrible game, but made a 30 footer at the buzzer for the win as the fans spilled onto the floor.

I also went to a game in Ruston against La Tech that went triple overtime that Matt played a pivotal role in. 

Overall, he is one of, if not my most favorite Cardinal of all time.

Guest abovetherim

I was at that game at the Montagne Center when Matt hit that 30-35 footer too. Awesome, he was clutch. I'd say Matt was in my Top 3 All-Time favorite players. You'll never met a nicer guy! 8)

Guest abovetherim

We'll keep up the last trivia question in case someone can solve it but here is another. This one is regarding the Lady Cardinal basketball team.

What four national power lady basketball programs did Lamar beat on their way to a elite eight finish?

Guest abovetherim

See if this old man cooks for you any time soon and that goes for your aunt GiGi too. Thanks for answering this question with a BIG HINT from this old guy. So the board can answer this new question. It's a dandy. I'll probably have to leave a couple hints for everyone. Especially young bucks like yourself. 

Okay, I decided asking for all four schools may be too much. Here are a few hints. Two of the teams are La Tech and Arkansas. Of the other two schools one plays in the SEC and the other school in the Big XII.

Guest abovetherim

Bulldog92, that is correct. The ladies were 29-4. The best record the men or womens program ever had. Now, I know officially Lamar and the SLC does not recognize this elite eight team. Well, when USC returns their National Championship in FBS football with Reggie Bush I'll quit stating Lamar's Ladies make it to the Elite Eight.

You must really know about LU athletics to answer this question. Thanks for taking part in the trivia question.

Next question, Who was the last Lamar men's basketball player to be voted MVP of a conference, what was the year and what conference did Lamar play in at the time. 1. The player. 2. The year. 3. The conference.

Guest abovetherim

Seattle, WA? Man, it's great having you on here! Please feel free to post or reply anytime you feel like it. If you still follow LU living in Seattle, you are my kind of man and I'm sure you know a great deal about Lamar.

Here is the next trivia question again. Who was the last Lamar men's basketball player to be voted MVP of a conference, what was the year and what conference did Lamar play in at the time. 1. The player. 2. The year. 3. The conference.

Seattle, WA? Man, it's great having you on here! Please feeling free to post or reply anything you feel like it. If you still follow LU living in Seattle, you are my kind of man and I'm sure you know a great deal about Lamar.

I follow LU pretty closely and had a pretty strong allegiance to the Cardinals (in relation to the other SWC and SLC schools in those days) when I was a kid in Jasper. The 2000 game against Duke in the tourney was the first time I'd seen them play since I left that area back in '91. I remember the sports station here doing a very funny interview with Coach Deane a couple of days prior to that game, so there are a few people up here that know about the Cards...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder