Bridge City @ Jasper

Guest Bulldog

I am doubting that they are busting their tails each and every day, but it seems what they are doing isn't working.  The combination they have put together isn't working with the talent the team has.  I just think with the new coach, new offense that various combinations should be looked at because right now interceptions are killing the team. Many times there are open receivers who aren't even looked at and the ball is thrown away or intercepted. 

I am doubting that they are busting their tails each and every day, but it seems what they are doing isn't working.  The combination they have put together isn't working with the talent the team has.   I just think with the new coach, new offense that various combinations should be looked at because right now interceptions are killing the team. Many times there are open receivers who aren't even looked at and the ball is thrown away or intercepted. 

I've attended several BC games, I'm just curious as to what talent you are talking about?

I think there is quite a bit of talent on the BC team, it's young but the talent is there.  I believe interceptions are a problem, and it's hard to see the guys get all the way down the field and give the ball to the other team on a turnover, but that happens.  I personally think that the teams biggest problem is tackling and blocking.  I know in the Silsbee game, Lemoine saved at least 5 touchdowns at the safety position.  The opposing player just blew by everyone, they grab at them, slap at them, but don't wrap them up and take them down.  And I have to say, thank heavens Josh was back there or the score would've been 100 to 6.  It looks like these guys (with the exception of a few) are scared to hit or are scared to be hit. 

I've attended several BC games, I'm just curious as to what talent you are talking about?

FIRST..... No excuses, just facts.......

- BC is very young

- Their youth is inexperienced

- They have talent

- They lack skill

- The have been bitten hard by the injury bug, keeping those talented, young, inexperienced players from getting MORE experience and skill.

* Skill is the difference in finding the open receiver instead of a INT.

* Skill is a linebacker filling a hole, instead of getting blocked 3 yards off the line of scrimmage.

* Skill is HITTING and WRAPPING, not throwing arms and getting dragged down the field.

Skill comes with practice, determination, and confidence.  It WILL come - Maybe not this year, but it will come, and when it does, BC will be back in contention!

I will say it again - 0-10 season? - I don't care - I'm GLAD Coach Stump et al are there working with our kids!  They have my support!

:)  Thanks 3ABirdman for your post. I agree 100% with you and would like to add to your post if I may. These forums are interesting to read and sometimes can be very helpful. I believe every one is entitled to free speech and sometimes we like it and sometimes we don't. For the most part you have to be open enough to take the negative without becoming hostile and humble enough to take the flattery.

As a supporter myself, let me say this. To the players that represent the Bridge City Cardinals, I believe that you do work hard at practice, that you do have talent, that you do and will give all you have to win ballgames. I believe that your coaches stand behind you and beside you in your efforts. I believe that most parents, friends and relatives of the players support and believe in you.

I believe that mistakes will take place in the trying. Do you stop swinging a bat because you strike out? NO! Therefore, you don't stop throwing the football because you have interceptions. I believe not one player that represents our football team intentionally suits up for a Friday night game just to take the field and fail. I personally would never tell my child for a week after his or her game that they had no talent, that they don't try or work hard at practice, that their coach is no good. But, that's what I would do. Heck! they can just get on here as they often do and let other people tell them.

Good luck cardinals, we support you, support your teammates in their success and failure. A winning team is one that plays with heart and dedication. Sometimes it just doesn't show on the scoreboard.

so uh has anyone heard about the sasquatch runnin loose in east texas?

i heard he is so beastly he can put down five hunger busters from DQ while wearin a cowboy hat on a cold winter night.

go L-train!!

wow look at these stuipd kids they need to go some were else to mess around this is a serious sport forum we should have them kicked off

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho