Anahuac @ Buna ( District 24-2A Showdown)

Guest A-TOWN

About Buna using refs that are from Buna,  I don't know about V-ball but I do know we have 3 refs during B-Ball, there are 2 of them we do not like to see on the floor!  The other one is very fair in his calling.  The other 2 we just wish they would stop, they go way out of their way to prove they are not from Buna and it is not fair to us.  So if they are the ones you are talking about, we are with you, we don't want them on the floor either!  I have not known of any refs from Buna calling football games.  As far as as our football team this year, we have been waiting for this team for a few years now.  We knew several years ago these boys would be good.  The coaches are doing a good job with them.  As far as running up the score, we have put in all the boys to play.  I believe the H-D coach even made a comment about it.  Last night we were within a yard of scoring again and just took time delays and kneels.  The Buna fans have stood and clapped for some of the other teams when they had a good play or scored.  We have been there and we know how it feels.  As long as our boys keep their heads and stay focus on the game at hand we will have a good year!  

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be too dependent on the score alone...The score could be deceptive.  I am not an EC fan, but I know from experience that the score never explains how the game went, except who won and lost.  Maybe EC had a monster game against  OF but things went wrong..i.e. fumbles, etc and maybe Buna got some gift scores or what...and vice versa

Point is that when comparing teams, don't use scores as a measuring stick because each team is different.  A better stick is the box score.  I will check and see about that now that I have thought of that. 

EDIT>>>I just looked at the box scores for both Buna and EC.  The OF games for both are markedly different.  EC was in charge for most of the game scorewise until 6 mins left in the 4th quarter when OF scored 2 TDs before the game ended.  This suggests to me that the scrubs were in when this happened, but the stats were very similar.  As to the Buna game, It appears that the game was in Buna's favor the entire way, but Smith scored the final TD so again this suggests the 1st string was in the whole time and the stats are really in Buna's favor.  Hmmmmm....  On face value, the box scores help give a little insight on both teams, but still not enough...I guess I would have to watch the game tapes...  :P

I guess we will have to see these two "juggernauts" go at it soon.

Heck, I might be wrong, but that is just my opinion.  LOL...

I can't wait

Well with all the talk  bout EC and Buna and OF, didn,t it rain like ##%$%$% when we beat OF, wasn,t raining when EC did their thang. Coogs keep doin what you know to do. OPPURTUNITY is KEY, EC will be just another big game but at this time they are all BIG games till the end.  CONGRATS.  bluebleeder.  YEAH IM BACK. also the PANTHERS tried to play BALL, just committed to many turnovers, special teams won BIG.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder