*2A EC 33 3A HF 19 Final/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Thought I had covered that.

Regardless, H-F is 2-1 (that ain't bad), and playing with a lot of spirit. It won't be overnight, but things will come around.

EC dominated the 1st half, the horns were ready to quit. They fought back and played hard in the 2nd half,but it was just not enough. They will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.Now what is the deal with the HF coaches wearing ties during the game.They look like they are so uncomfortable.(kinda cheeseeee) The Burrel kid is the highlight of the HF football team,They need to get him more involved if they plan on winning any more games/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im tired of seein people write great job horns for not giving up, they gave up half way during the second quarter. i bet the only reason y they came back in the second half was cuz they prolly got theyre butts chewed out during halftime. It was pretty funny though, seein all the hf fans leavin durin the 3rd quarter.  haha

[move]GO BUCS!!![/move]

I have to say this was a game of two halfs. It is all but impossible for most teams to come back from a 26-0 deficit. The Horns were flat and played with no intensity, missded assignments early led to 2 quick TDs and then a phantom holding call late in 1st quarter took points off the board for Horns that would have made game 12-7.

But second half was all Horns 19-7. So, say what you want, there is nothing wrong with the HF Horns except a very distracted performance Friday night and a bump in the road. Take your hats off to EC but don't down HF because they will be fine. They are the same team that has beaten two other playoff teams from a year ago that many said they would lose, in Splendora and Liberty. They also stayed with a decent Lumberton team in scrimmage 1-0. Commend EC and their kids efforts and question HF's concentration level, maybe do to the fact that most of the kids still had no electricity nor did they know even if the game would even be played until that morning.

I'll still take the Horns as the sleeper in 21-AAA. Look at WOS losing to an 0-2 team themselves, are they now terrible as well??? This is why the game is played every friday night. The HORNS WILL BE BACK!!!!! LESSON LEARNED!!!

EC dominated the 1st half, the horns were ready to quit. They fought back and played hard in the 2nd half,but it was just not enough. They will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.Now what is the deal with the HF coaches wearing ties during the game.They look like they are so uncomfortable.(kinda cheeseeee) The Burrel kid is the highlight of the HF football team,They need to get him more involved if they plan on winning any more games/

I will take all you got in the bank that HF wins more than 2 more games this year!!!!

I will take all you got in the bank that HF wins more than 2 more games this year!!!!

You better take a look at their schedule, before loosing the house,don't make excuses for the horns,they got a old fashion but kicking by a very good(2A) football team. EC played subs the second half and shut HF down when they needed to.Please don't compare HF and WO-S,They played a very good 4A team,has HF played up in class in recent years, no they Played down.They have a good chance against OF,HJ,BC, but that's it. Lucky to win 2 out of 3.That puts them @  4 and 6.Good Luck Horns.There has been improvments,but still a ways to go.

No one is taking anything away from EC and the game they played in the first half but you obviously weren't at the game because the "second teamers" may have been played througout at times but I was at the game and the starters were on the field for every single HF TD in the second half. And no I am by no means comparing HF to WOS, my only point was don't write off the horns just yet! A loss is a loss but it doesn't end a season. WOS lost to an 0-2 team in fact it was a team that won only 2 games last year. All I said, do you right them off as well? No you don't.

You really don't think HF has a chance against Jasper, or Silsbee? Why not?Because of the HF past or is there something that these teams have shown or not shown this year that gives you your summation? Because it certainly isn't records or game performances. EC played really and took advantage of every opportunity but dont' say back-ups were in the game the entire second half.

I will still take all you got that the HF Horns will win more than 2 more games this year!!! Like you are quoted as saying. If nothing else you get on here and apologize to those kids to all readers, and if your right I will say on here you are the king of predictions! Deal!!!!

I think the HF players put more effort in the Friday morning pre-game parade down Buccaneer Avenue than they did playing the game.  ;D

HF let their mouth overload their arse!

This was exactly the point I was trying to make in my first post, that the kids of HF were not ready to play Friday night for many reasons. And one for sure being, they took EC way too lightly in first half of game, 26-0 to be exact.

I hope the game continues as well because I would love to see it every year. It was a great atmosphere leading up to kick off and I too give next years nod to HF that may be why EC will not continue this rivalry because #1 and many others will be gone!

Guest ECBucFan

.....that may be why EC will not continue this rivalry because #1 and many others will be gone!

That is incredibly laughable.   :D  EC is not terrified by H-F.

I wish the Horns good luck the rest of the way though.

Congratulations to EC on the win. They came into our place and kicked our lungs in with a good game plan and alot of effort. They punched us in the mouth for 2 quarters before we knew what hits us. No matter whether it came on our mistakes or their play it was 26-0 at half, period. But we could have folded and didn't, and  I am very proud of our kids and the way they came out in the 2nd half and put up 19 points to only 7 for EC. Both teams played hard and BOTH teams have much to build on from this game. I believe HF kids have learned a valuable lesson about mental preparation that will come in handy the rest of the season. The need to because the district will need it every night in order for them to have a chance of competing. I too hope the game continues and I am sure there are more on the HF side in favor of this than probably on the EC side since they leave with the upper hand. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year. But don't count the Horns out, I think they can play with any team in district 21-AAA when they come ready to play!! I too will take all the action on them winning more than 2 more games the rest of the way. That is a very bold prediction to say a team 2-1 will win only 2 out of the next 7 games no matter who they have played this year. Weren't all three of HF opponents playoff teams last year? All be it one was a AA and the others were from a weaker district 22-AAA, they were still playoff teams predicted to be in the playoffs again? I believe they also came out ahead in the scrimmage with AAAA Lumberton, who is 3-0 as well. Sounds like decent opponents to me???

Sorry stepchild...Iam a Horn fan..played qb for Hf, and that was anything but a phantom holding call...the kid held him clear as day right in front of the ref, In fact it looked like the ref didn't even want to call it...he hesitated a little, but ended up dropping the flag.....I was on the sidelines with coach gibbie and we both called it before he even threw the flag.  It was the correct call.

For the other topic that is will EC renew the rivalry...I'm sure they will, Valastro doesn't seem to be the coach that gets upset over a 1 loss season like Evans did.  My little brother didn't get to play EC during the '04 season, but I don't recall not playing EC any other times....besides, 4 wins for EC in 22 years...why would they be afraid???

Roll Left 15:

I am glad you confirmed the play I was referring to because the flag didn't fall until the HF kid was crossing over the endzone, "hesitation?"

Secondly, your clear view could not have been that clear if you were on the HF sideline because the play happened on the EC sideline and it was the last kid on the line of scrimmage, so it wasn't clear view, cut and dry hold from your view!

Lastly, the hold in question was called on an offensive lineman on a sweep play who had his hands comepletely inside the shoulders on the breast plates of the defender the entire play and it was a stalemate, with both running toward the sideline then if you remember with your clear view the OT clearly disengaged after the runner cleared them, the HF back was already 10-15 yards downfield before the REFEREE's FLAG not the LINEMAN's flag was dropped. If the linesman on the EC sideline had thrown the flag I would have agreed with his view but not the Referee in the backfield behind the play, no way!!!! I would love to see it on video because it was not a hold. If it was then holding should be called on ever offensive play by every offensive team. You know what makes it worse, I think it was the only holding call all night!!!!!!!!!!! And I was one of the few HF fans that was there the entire game!!!

obviously there is a difference in opinions here and thats fine....I thought it was a hold (no matter where I was standing), and you think it's not.  I agree there  is holding going on in every play, but it's not holding until one gets caught......and he did.  The fact of the matter is we could sit here and debate this topic all day but the bottom line is 6 points was taken from board because he still had a hold of him when the rb was already in the endzone.

No one is taking anything away from EC and the game they played in the first half but you obviously weren't at the game because the "second teamers" may have been played througout at times but I was at the game and the starters were on the field for every single HF TD in the second half. And no I am by no means comparing HF to WOS, my only point was don't write off the horns just yet! A loss is a loss but it doesn't end a season. WOS lost to an 0-2 team in fact it was a team that won only 2 games last year. All I said, do you right them off as well? No you don't.

You really don't think HF has a chance against Jasper, or Silsbee? Why not?Because of the HF past or is there something that these teams have shown or not shown this year that gives you your summation? Because it certainly isn't records or game performances. EC played really and took advantage of every opportunity but dont' say back-ups were in the game the entire second half.

I will still take all you got that the HF Horns will win more than 2 more games this year!!! Like you are quoted as saying. If nothing else you get on here and apologize to those kids to all readers, and if your right I will say on here you are the king of predictions! Deal!!!!

Deal

Jasper,Silsbee to much speed(on off and Def),Jasper and Silsbee know how to win,It will take the new coach awhile to instill how to win in the kids.It starts in Jr high,WO-S Another League.Wake up to reality. EC did Play alot of subs in the second half and the last pass was scored on a sub that missed a coverage,EC had 4 soph on the Off line,and played Def without Trammel.HF probably didnt have 4 soph in the entire game. Hats off to your loyality,but sometime reality stinks>Would like to hear from a HF player on the holding call,What was said during film on Sat.

Guest tigersvoice

i am a player and on film he had his hands inside the whole time but those 6 points still dont give us a win. bad calls happen all the time but u cant blame the refs for this game we jus didnt come out to play in the first half

Now, here's a PLAYER and a MAN.  He steps up and takes responsibility for his team - win or lose.  I don't know this Youngster but I admire him and like him.

Deal

Jasper,Silsbee to much speed(on off and Def),Jasper and Silsbee know how to win,It will take the new coach awhile to instill how to win in the kids.It starts in Jr high,WO-S Another League.Wake up to reality. EC did Play alot of subs in the second half and the last pass was scored on a sub that missed a coverage,EC had 4 soph on the Off line,and played Def without Trammel.HF probably didnt have 4 soph in the entire game. Hats off to your loyality,but sometime reality stinks>Would like to hear from a HF player on the holding call,What was said during film on Sat.

At what point do you want to call Thomas a sub, because for a fact T.Thomas was the FS at the time the last TD was scored, in fact it was Thomas's man the way it looked. I am not takning anything away from EC or the game they played, like I said they played well and deserved to win.

My only point through the whole game was it was a game of two halfs. The player confirmed my original statement HF wasn't ready to play the game in first half. But don't you now say the seond half in which HF dominated the stats that it was against the subs.

I will stand by my words HF will win more than two more games this year!!!!!! Silsbee, Jasper "know how to win???" at 1-2, wasn't Jasper 2-8 last year? Reality does suck sometimes, and the reality is lets just wait and see!!

And for future reference HF started 3 sophomores on defense including NG, ILB, and OLB/FB against EC, just so you know!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder