Thoughts On My Boy Paul Roy

Guest Nederland Bandit

I know it was only a freshman game, but Roy put on one of the best perfomances I've ever seen last year against PN-G.  His first four touches of the game were TD runs of 74, 85, 77, and 22.  He had over 300 yds rushing in the 1st quarter.  Ask the PN-G coaches what they think of him?  Roy will be a stud in the years to come.

I know it was only a freshman game, but Roy put on one of the best perfomances I've ever seen last year against PN-G.  His first four touches of the game were TD runs of 74, 85, 77, and 22.  He had over 300 yds rushing in the 1st quarter.  Ask the PN-G coaches what they think of him?  Roy will be a stud in the years to come.

:o :o :o :o

And he's not kidding on Roy getting 300 yards on his first 4 touches i was there and remember it quite well the only criticism ive heard on him is that he's not a great inside runner and tries to cut it to the outside too much (IMO he's a great outside runner one of the best ive ever seen) it will get better with time though trust me

Paul Roy is definately not the best back, and the kid tries to break it outside every freakin play. ROY HAS NO SENSE TO RUN WHERE THE PLAY IS DESIGNED TO RUN. Remember Bass wasn't even supposed to play until district started. I think That CAmeron is going to have a great game on Firday, since he is back to 100%.

I havent seen either back, but 300 yards in one quarter and you say he's not the best back.  You must have some ties to Bass or something cause it takes a special kind of talent to put out those type of numbers.

No ties to Bass, just been watching him to develop over the years. Oh yeah, that 300 yards in a quarter was in a Freshman game last year. If you want to spit Thursday night stats, Bass had over 1800 yards on the JV last year in about 7 games. That's JV/Fresh Thurs. games, so who cares. Bass was effective on Varsity last season, and just hasn't had the blocking to break it open. Then again he has had a hip contusion the past couple of weeks. Look for him to have a good game on Friday.

It's true, Cameron is back to full health this week. He told me to look for the Bulldogs to run a lot of Flex Spread (A back on both sides of the QB), with him and Roy. I personally think that it will prove to work well, as both backs are talented in their own way.

that no sense to run where the play is,has gotten roy 6yards per carry,behind a suspect O-line.with roy on the feild and getting touches that gives ned. a legitimate homerun threat.why not have all your best runners out on the feild.put bass or roy in the slot,and the other at r.b. and  run & gun baby.

I think both backs bring different skills to the table and can make us tougher to prepare for. I don't see either as "clearly" better than the other. I also thought the 3rd back we used last week did a fine job, #14 Bryce Breaux. I do not think that we have that elite back that we have come accustomed to in the last handful of seasons at Ned, but these three guys can collectively carry the load.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86