**WO-S 6 LC-M 0 Final/Comments**

I doubt they will win the district, but they have a better shot this year than they have in the last decade or so. He didn't say they wouldn't make the playoffs. He said they wouldn't win the district - and that hanging with us on a wet field (etc. etc.) is a long way from winning enough games to make the playoffs.

Both teams are young overall, but the impact skill players for LC were primarily seniors (only one player with offensive yardage this year is not a senior, and he has 7 yards on 5 carries). LC's roster may not be senior-heavy, but those in leadership roles are primarily returning starters. Meanwhile, 64 percent of WO-S's offensive yardage and 80 percent of our TDs this year have come from underclassmen.

The Bears were obviously much improved, but came out dead on offense in the second half, gaining only 21 yards after halftime. The vast majority of their yards (132) came on the first two drives of the game.

It was a good game, but nothing that has prognosticators scrambling to revise predictions. I expect the Bears to make some noise in district and contend for a playoff spot.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone on here thinks LCM will win their district, I suggest you have your head examined.  They cannot and will not "win the big one".  The will be outmanned and outcoached by at least three teams in that league.  Fact is, they played a WO-S team that is really young on a wet field and held the game close. That is a long way from winning their district or making the playoffs.  If you want to see LCM in the playoffs, wait until May.  HUM BABE!

Congradulations to WOS on their victory!  They did indeed win the game.  However......

LCM's offense did play on the same field as WOS, didn't they?

This whining is like complaining that your side of the net is higher than the other guy's on a tennis court.

To whoever made the statement that Depauldrick Garrett is overrated...step out of the fog dude. 

As for WO-S...most of the hype is usually created outside of Newton Street.  The problem is that because WO-S has the history that it does, everyone just ASSumes that we are a superb team coming out of the blocks, and that is not true.  I have to admit that I have been a little worried, but as a true Mustang, I have faith that these boys will do the best that they can and hopefully, that will be enough for all of the ASSumers and others who dwell on the fact that we were "ranked this going into the season", but got knocked out in this round...grow up.  No one realizes more that the kids that bust their butts year-round that they lost in whatever round they lost to...please try to remember that when you post some of the crap that you post on here.  They do read this stuff...sometimes, unfortunately.

That guy is not a WOS fan. I don't think you've seen anyone from WOS say anything other than it sucked for both teams.

I hope you're refering to Saban.  If you look his statement, he says that the game against LCM was close because, A) WOS was young, and B) it was on a wet field.  These are excuses.  I can guarantee you that Hooks and Thompson won't allow their players to make these excuses because that goes against the mindset that these two coaches have been instilling into their teams for years.

You have to give credit where credit is due.  The game being close had a lot to do with the tremendous effort of the LCM defense as well as the WOS defense.

The game is what it was.  An exciting game played by two teams both who played their hearts out.  One team won and one team lost.  Hopefully both teams were able to take away something from the game that they can build upon not only in football but in life.

Congrats to WOS on the win.  I made sure I was in town for this one.  I was disappointed that the field was so bad.  Neither team got to show off their speed.  But I think it was a push for both teams.  We will be left with what might have beens because we didn't take advantage of our goal line oppurtunities in the first half.  I feel bad for this talented group of Bears.  But they should be in the playoffs and that will be something special for them.

I hope you're refering to Saban.  If you look his statement, he says that the game against LCM was close because, A) WOS was young, and B) it was on a wet field.  These are excuses.  I can guarantee you that Hooks and Thompson won't allow their players to make these excuses because that goes against the mindset that these two coaches have been instilling into their teams for years.

You have to give credit where credit is due.  The game being close had a lot to do with the tremendous effort of the LCM defense as well as the WOS defense.

The game is what it was.  An exciting game played by two teams both who played their hearts out.  One team won and one team lost.  Hopefully both teams were able to take away something from the game that they can build upon not only in football but in life.

I agree those are excuses but they aren't coming from WOS people. Look back and you can see who are WOS fans. I haven't seen anything but credit given. No excuses.

Thanks td.  Everyone at the game knows that the field was wet...but it wasn't wet for just one team.  WO-S (players and coaching staff) are not excuse-makers.  WO-S did not play well...no they didn't, but it can't be blamed entirely on the field conditions or whatever else.  LC-M was ready and they played their hearts out.    Nothing but respect for them and good luck in 22-4A.

After the game kogt talked with Hooks and he ,in a round about way,gave a plug for turf at Hooks Field by refering to the bad condition both teams had to play on,and that's why he always wants to play on turf in the playoffs.He might not have been making a pulg but that's the way I took it. ;D

Good morning, BigDog.  This is sounding like the good ole smack talk from years past.  You haven't lost your form.  The crybaby tone is still there.  :'( We've been duking it out with a couple of bozos from BH the last three years, but you haven't been forgotten.  ;)  The bottom line is we'd rather be on the side of 23 wins than 6 anytime.  The blowout wins are in our favor, as well. 

Once again, congratulations to LCM on a hard fought game.  I wish you well in district. 

;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder