**WO-S 6 LC-M 0 Final/Comments**

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCM was pretty impressive! I hope we dont start using the field conditions as an excuse because there were alot of teams tonight that had no problems scoring..... Our defense was tough as hell and our offense sputtered, I hope that is fixed before district starts otherwise we might be in a little trouble!

gotta give credit where credit is due... good job mustangs!

the bears did played well tonight too though! but as mentioned... they had opportunities to score and didn't cut it.

hate to make "excuses" but i think coaching could be better.  :-\

but district starts soon and hopefully it'll all be together by then!

My take on the game!! I'm sick and tired of the dam rain following me around. Terrible field conditions affected both teams after a 2.50" inch rain before the game. Field conditions affected both teams. Neither team could run well with several players slipping.

I know. i know  :(

hate to make "excuses" but i think coaching could be better. 

but district starts soon and hopefully it'll all be together by then!

Tell you what: I'll trade you offensive coordinators - especially tonight. We moved to the Power I and probably averaged 8 or 9 yards a carry for a seven or eight play stretch. LC couldn't stop it. What do we do? LINE UP IN THE SPREAD 30 YARDS FROM PAYDIRT! Moronic. We pulled this one off with sheer heart, defense and athleticism. If our OC is OC next year, something is wrong.

Man, LCM sure got blown out big time like everyone said they would

O well, it was a great game.

Congrats on the "moral victory."  ::)

LC is much improved this year, though. I was impressed. They have a shot at that district. Dayton was more impressive when they were up, but not consistent. Good job, LC.

This was "the year," though, if it was going to happen soon. Next year, WO-S will be LOADED - especially at the skill position. DPG's little brother is (sorry) quite possibly even better than he is.

It was a fun game. Props to LC on a hard-fought game (but not on that incredibly gay bear roar :) It was like a super-flamboyant cross-dresser going ooOOOOOOOOOooooooo!).

Congratulations to LCM on a hard fought game.  

Even though I'm a WO-S supporter, I'm impressed with the effort LCM gave.  I liked Coach Moody's call to onside kick to start the second half.  They tried that last year, too.  Also, last year they used a different defense package that the WO-S coaches/scouts didn't see the week before.  Those are the moves of a coach who's not just trying to compete, but taking the risks for an opportunity WIN.  That showed guts.  I gotta give Moody credit for taking his best shot at us.  

Hopefully, our next game will be played on a dry field.    

It was a fun game. Props to LC on a hard-fought game (but not on that incredibly gay bear roar :) It was like a super-flamboyant cross-dresser going ooOOOOOOOOOooooooo!).

I know! I'm sorry too!

The scoreboard is pretty cool and i like most of the graphics and stuff they try to do on it... but when that noise sounds off... its awful and embaressing.  :o

Tell you what: I'll trade you offensive coordinators - especially tonight. We moved to the Power I and probably averaged 8 or 9 yards a carry for a seven or eight play stretch. LC couldn't stop it. What do we do? LINE UP IN THE SPREAD 30 YARDS FROM PAYDIRT! Moronic. We pulled this one off with sheer heart, defense and athleticism. If our OC is OC next year, something is wrong.

Oh, no...not again.  WHAT is the coach thinking??????  Or is he...

He is so in love with the spread.  THIS year, we have the offensive line and backfield more suited for a running game than a passing attack.  This is Jerry Glanville style of play.  (Glanville was known for trying the "unexpected" when he coached...example - on 3rd and 30, he'll run a dive).  It is beyond me how he continues force feeding the spread rather than going with the strength of the personnel.  It's insane.  

Late in the game offensive playcalling when the score is close continues to be our Achilles heel.  

Stick with what works, coach!  Please!

Guest Bridge City Card

I went to the game since the Cards were off. Man what is the deal with calling the same play over and over??? Same as last year.

I thought the Bears played an inspired game. The playing conditions hampered both running and passing games. Neither team could make cuts at all. I thought the soaked field neutralized the WO-S speed advantage and the Bears did their best with it. WO-S has to stop the turnovers. I'm sure we had at least 5 of them. LCM didn't have as many (2, I think) but the first one was crushing because it happened on the WO-S 1 yard line. WO-S had several of theirs deep in Bear territory as well.

I think the Bears will compete for a playoff spot. They are very quick on defense and I thought their DB's did a really good job in coverage. The WO-S TD was just an athlete making a play because the LCM defender was in position, Josh just went up and took it. The only weakness I really saw from them is that they were a little weak up the middle. As someone said before, WO-S was getting 7-8 yards per carry running out of the Power - I and abandoned it.

As for a comparison with Dayton. They are very similar on defense and both have good QB's. Dayton does not have a running back that can compare to Salter (he is much bigger than I remember him being). LCM has some good receivers too. They are probably pretty even in that department because Dayton has Dugat. Overall, I would say they are pretty close to equal.

Kudos to the Bears.  You do have a really great atmosphere with good crowd support.  The BOJO thing doesn't work for me, but I don't have to like it.  You guys were tough.  While field conditions were a factor, it hurt both teams.

As for the Mustangs...we succeeded in winning the game.  Regardless of anything else that happened in the game...you did what you needed to do to WIN.  Everyone is used to WO-S being ready right now and this year, that has not happened.  

We have awesome talent, but we are young and we are hopefully gelling and gaining confidence each game.  Everyone needs to be PATIENT.

Good job Mustangs and good luck to the Bears!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder