**WO-S 6 LC-M 0 Final/Comments**

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the field was sloppy tonight,the orange bowl is what high school football is all about. It was a great atmosphere. Congrats to our neighbors from WOS. Now that the Orange Bowl is over, I know both teams will do very well in there own districts.  WOS in 3A and LCM IN 4A.  I hope they continue this rivalry, as there was a few years WOS and LCM did not play. WOS, you will win your district. LCM will be in the playoffs as the 2nd or 3rd place team. (Hopefully 1st place, but a lot of good talent in this 4A district.

Hat's off to both teams.

To the Mustangs...Congratulations on your win.

To the Bears...Good Game.  You guys went out there and played with your hearts.  Your fans and your school couldn't be more proud of you.  Keep playing like you did tonight (minus the mistakes) and you will go as far as you WANT to go.  Even though we didn't come out with the win, we BELIEVE you guys are capable.  BOJO!!

Good luck to the Bears and the Mustangs on a successful season!

More interesting, but still not too good. 5-8 is a convincingly losing record, dude. Here's a full history:

1977: 19-15 WOS

1978: 21-14 WOS

1979: 13-3 Ned

1980: 40-8 WOS

1981: 7-0 WOS

1982: 7-3 WOS

1983: 20-13 WOS

1984: 23-0 WOS

1985: 35-13 WOS

1986: 28-10 WOS

1987: 35-7 WOS

1988: 41-20 WOS

1989: 42-36 WOS

1990: 55-0 WOS

1991: 41-7 WOS

1992: 34-7 WOS

1993: 33-28 WOS

1994: 32-22 WOS

1995: 41-14 WOS

1996: 34-12 Ned

1997: 20-17 WOS

1998: 36-9 WOS

1999: 35-7 Ned

2000: 21-10 WOS

2001: 35-0 Ned

2002: 42-21 Ned

2003: 18-14 Ned

2004: 32-30 WOS

2005: 20-10 WOS

Cumulative score: WO-S 740, Ned 470

Average score: WO-S 26, Ned 16

Record: WO-S 23, Ned 6

Brenham only had 160 total yards until our qb went out and the D had to defend a short field the rest of the night. FB had three first downs all night. This is not the same D as last year, which was bad..

Heck, there's your problem: Get your QB out on defense! I didn't realize his injury resulted in your D's collapse. If they accounted for that much O on a short field, it's even more disappointing.

I know! I'm sorry too!

The scoreboard is pretty cool and i like most of the graphics and stuff they try to do on it... but when that noise sounds off... its awful and embaressing.  :o

I agree about the bear growl. However, you have to give them credit for their fans supporting them. I did like how they made the first down call.  ;D

SAME OLD SAME OLD...ONLY THE NAMES HAVE CHANGED

LCM still talking about what might have been

WO-S Still winning and complaining about the coaching

How can this be a rivalry when it is now 22-3 in WO-S favor?

Of course they want to play this game, it is the only way to fill ol' Dan R Hooks Memorial Stadium every other year.  Also, it keeps alot of good athletes from heading North, why go over there just to get beat by your old buddies.

Finally, I am sick and tired of the complaining about the Offensive Coordinator at WO-S.  I wish all you "Armchair QB's" could walk one week in any HS Football Coaches shoes and then see how much smack you want to talk about anything.

Also, LCM seems improved, but sooner or later they have to deliver a "real" victory instead of just moral ones.

Good luck to the Bears and the Mustangs!

Whats funny about us, is that if we win by 6 we are still disappointed. We are the MUSTANGS. We won tonight just like we have always done in the past of close games. LCM will have excuses, we WON!! Hail Mary, shmell mary. It was a designed play. Yes, LCM played like they were posesed, but I hope they realize that we played like crap! Whats sad is that we turned the ball over so many times and still won. BOJO.

I haven't heard anyone from LCM make any excuses. "We played like crap"???? I'm not so sure I saw the same game. They both played pretty good under the conditions.

You beat the fourth place team from our district . Congrats. 

I would love to reschedule wos.  You are only three games up on Neumann since he got here.

I'm not saying anything about Nederland but didn't we also beat the first place team in your district????

I'm referring to 3 wins ahead.  Neumann is 5-8 against hooks.  You might need to look at some scores, 2 point wins are not whoopins. 

5-8 isn't really that great against a smaller school though. Nederland has a good program but what 5-8 means is that it would take 3 years to get to .500

congrats to wos and lcm on a hard fought game.  it took a miracle to pull this one out, but i guess sometimes thats what it takes to win.  i was impressed with lcm's defense, they played hard and tackled well.  i thought their offense was ok but they did struggle at times.  of course with conditions they were playing in, i think both offenses had trouble getting things going.  the wos defense, after all these years, is still getting it done.  nobody does defense like cornel thompson and the chain gang 8)  our offense did enough to win, but had a little trouble getting things going too.  hopefully they can get it together for bay city next week.  good luck to lcm the rest of the season.

I disagree in part with this. While I do agree that we were having our way tonight with the Power-I. That was THIS game. That doesn't mean we should abandon our offense and be a Power I team. We had the matchups up front tonight to be successful. That does not need to become OUR OFFENSE. We need to go out, game by game and stick with what works. I don't think we will have the same matchups against Bay City to run the I. We might, but we can't just decide that's what we are going to do from here on out.

Gas, you clarified what I was trying to say.  My emphasis was about late game decisions when the game is close.  It was at THAT time we should have stuck with the running game, but the OC is so infatuated with the spread that even in rain soaked conditions, turnover problems, and the fact the spread did not work throughout the game, he STILL reverted back to it.  He is in love with the spread to a fault.  We ran the spread against Giddings on the one yard line for four straight plays.  Also, remember against Bay City in 2005, we drove downfield on our openning drive with the running game, then we get inside the 10 yard line and switch to the spread (both times we scored ZERO points)?  There are moments to ditch it, and last night was ANOTHER one of them.      

Yeah, and I watched Ned beat ya'll 35-0, 42-6 too.  Neumann has made it a lot more interesting to play you.  Maybe Hooks will put us back on the schedule.

Good morning, BigDog.  This is sounding like the good ole smack talk from years past.  You haven't lost your form.  The crybaby tone is still there.  :'( We've been duking it out with a couple of bozos from BH the last three years, but you haven't been forgotten.  ;)  The bottom line is we'd rather be on the side of 23 wins than 6 anytime.  The blowout wins are in our favor, as well. 

Once again, congratulations to LCM on a hard fought game.  I wish you well in district. 

I don't want to start anything with you WOS people, so please don't take this the wrong way.  I just don't understand.  You guys are complaining about the OC that according to some of you has been terrible for a decade.  Then in the same breath you praise your head coach as the greatest of all time.  Why would the greatest of all time have an OC that is terrible for a decade, when if I am not mistaken, he has someone else named Thompson that does all the deffense.  I mean what is the head coaches roll and responsiblilty.  In my opinion a coordinater can only screw something up that long if the head coach allows.

I don't want to start anything with you WOS people, so please don't take this the wrong way.  I just don't understand.  You guys are complaining about the OC that according to some of you has been terrible for a decade.  Then in the same breath you praise your head coach as the greatest of all time.  Why would the greatest of all time have an OC that is terrible for a decade, when if I am not mistaken, he has someone else named Thompson that does all the deffense.  I mean what is the head coaches roll and responsiblilty.  In my opinion a coordinater can only screw something up that long if the head coach allows.

Caution:  Logic will only cloud the issue.

Kicker, I heard you on the smack attack and kudos to you on the great comments you made not only for your team, but for LCM.

Even though I love to win, it sucks to lose a game that close. I would rather get beat by 40. We (WOS) always find a way to win. I was very impressed!! Those kids have some heart. They are conditioned too. Hats off to Moody. I think if the field would have been better we still would have one, but maybe 27-21. Not 6-0. Right now, I think LCM has a dang good chance of pulling off the district this year. :o  Youve got to give my Mustangs credit. We always find a way to win. Thats why we have always been great!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder