**WO-S 6 LC-M 0 Final/Comments**

Wow...  what a tough playing surface.  After the game, we were on the playing surface, and what a MESS!  I had boots on, and my feet were covered in swamp like conditions.  I don't know how either team performed at all.  Great game and atmosphere!  Congrats to both ball clubs.  

As for WO-S, those boys deserve more than what that "Offensive Coordinator" is giving them...  Come on Hooks, this is your ball club, right?  Then do something about that darn spread offense, it just ain’t cuttin’ the mustard on nights like tonight.  When your power running game late in the 4th quarter is virtually unstoppable, stick with what gotcha there...  Enough is enough!  It’s long over due for a change.  We (WO-S fans) DO NOT want to see a repeat of Giddings in ’06! :-\

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no...not again.  WHAT is the coach thinking??????  Or is he...

He is so in love with the spread.  THIS year, we have the offensive line and backfield more suited for a running game than a passing attack.  This is Jerry Glanville style of play.  (Glanville was known for trying the "unexpected" when he coached...example - on 3rd and 30, he'll run a dive).  It is beyond me how he continues force feeding the spread rather than going with the strength of the personnel.  It's insane.  

Late in the game offensive playcalling when the score is close continues to be our Achilles heel.  

Stick with what works, coach!  Please!

I disagree in part with this. While I do agree that we were having our way tonight with the Power-I. That was THIS game. That doesn't mean we should abandon our offense and be a Power I team. We had the matchups up front tonight to be successful. That does not need to become OUR OFFENSE. We need to go out, game by game and stick with what works. I don't think we will have the same matchups against Bay City to run the I. We might, but we can't just decide that's what we are going to do from here on out.

Guest Bridge City Card

Wow...  what a tough playing surface.  After the game, we were on the playing surface, and what a MESS!  I had boots on, and my feet were covered in swamp like conditions.  I don't know how either team performed at all.  Great game and atmosphere!  Congrats to both ball clubs.  

As for WO-S, those boys deserve more than what that "Offensive Coordinator" is giving them...  Come on Hooks, this is your ball club, right?  Then do something about that darn spread offense, it just ain’t cuttin’ the mustard on nights like tonight.  When your power running game late in the 4th quarter is virtually unstoppable, stick with what gotcha there...  Enough is enough!  It’s long over due for a change.  We (WO-S fans) DO NOT want to see a repeat of Giddings in ’06! :-\

Ya'll need Toby Foreman back!

Whats funny about us, is that if we win by 6 we are still disappointed. We are the MUSTANGS. We won tonight just like we have always done in the past of close games. LCM will have excuses, we WON!! Hail Mary, shmell mary. It was a designed play. Yes, LCM played like they were posesed, but I hope they realize that we played like crap! Whats sad is that we turned the ball over so many times and still won. BOJO.

Team Stats

West Orange-Stark                 LC-M

Total yards               214                            132

First downs               11                               8

Rushes/Yds             32/93                          36/78

Average rush           2.91                            2.17

Comp/Atts              9/13                             4/9

Pass yards              121                              54

Comp pct               69.23                           44.44

Punts                       3                               6

Punting Yards           87                              171

Punting Average       29                               28.5

Fumbles/Lost           2/1                              1/1

Team Stats

Fumbles/Lost           2/1                              1/1

I dont know what game you were at, but we had more than one turnover.

Yeah, those are the "official" stats, but we fumbled at LEAST three times - including one on the muffed punt and one on Garrett's long run after the catch. But oh well. We found a way to win.

On the local show on 560 with the drunk-sounding guy, he asked if we were going to be satisfied with last-minute heroics every week. My answer is this: I'll take 16 weeks of last-minute heroics any year. It's certainly better than the alternative - last-minute collapses.

That guy on the 560 doesn't have a clue. He said WOS hasn't played anyone tough yet!

Well, i guess im going to be civilized here and just let it go.  Or maybe not!Their "beautiful" mid county teams, couldnt hold our jocks! I guess if your a homer, you dont have anything better to talk about if your team sucks. hahaha  Sorry, had to.

Team Stats