KOUNTZE VS. HULL-DAISETTA

Who do you think will win??  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win??

• KTZ
    • HD

Athleticism is the key word for this game. I've heard from many people that H-D is fast and Kountze always has athletes, however Kountze usually excels in basketball with their athletes jumping out of the gym and not sprinting across the football field. I'll take Daisetta by a touchdown, but not looking for either to score a pile of points. These two teams are usually very similar as are WH-Warren, who will also take the field this week. We got two great games shaping up here folks!!

Kountze has been fighting the "basketball school" thing for forever ... the kids are sick of hearing it.

The Lions have some kids out with injuries, but some are expected back for HD ... it's going to be a close game and just like Kountze proved against a VERY fast, VERY quick Tenaha team Friday night, their defense is much better than any is willing to admit.

Plus, these kids proved with their overtime win that they're just not willing to give up until the game's over.

I think Kountze will win and this is why.

1. Coming off a huge win last week, they did'nt just win they earned it big time.

2. Homefield advange

3. Not only was this win good for the boys but also for the fans they are fired up and are going to make some noise come friday night.

4. They have heart.

5. They have great leadership from the Sr. class.

6. Coach Hodges has told the team that they have the ability and team spirit to win, BUT they must get it in their heads that they must believe they can win.

7. By their team effort last friday night the Kountze Lions Football Team now believe they can WIN. This maybe dangerous for the other teams in 24-2A.

Good Luck To All Friday Night.

I don't know what kind of team the Lions will have this year but I am a huge fan of their Head Coach. Hung out with him and many of the kids at a track meet and could not have been more impressed. Plus it has been a while since they have had a run but this year sounds like a good start. I do not know much about the district but sounds like it is one of the best in the state.

Wasn't Tenaha a small 1A school? 

Indeed they was a small school but i gotta admit that they have some athletes...they were really fast and quick...there a realy good 1A...but size doesnt matter really...all that matters is how hard you play....the only thing about the kinda games where like 2A plays a 3A or a 1A playin a 2A is that the bigger school doesnt wanna get beat by them...that only makes the smaller school look good...but still there could be two really good teams play that are from different size schools...just matters who plays the hardest...not about the enrollment in the school

I will have to go HD in this one as well. The kids really didnt' get on track as well as they could have last week and still pitched a shutout against a big and fast team in Westbury Christian (also a basketball school).

The reason I have to go with the Bobcats on this one is because they return all of their skill players from last years team which beat a decent Kountze team last year 22-0.  Speed kills and HD has plenty of it this year. All four kids and the alternate on their state runner up sprint relay team are playing RB/WR this year including the state champion in the 100m and 200m dash. They bring even more small school speed to the table than Teneha did.

I do think that this will be a pretty close game though. I played for Coach Hodges at Hull-Daisetta before he went on to his head coach position at Kountze and he is a great coach. He was younger and less experienced then but he already had that drive and spirit that it takes to make kids believe they can win any game. I wish him and the entire Kountze team good luck for the rest of the season.

I call this one:

Hull-Daisetta -26

Kountze - 12

I will have to go HD in this one as well. The kids really didnt' get on track as well as they could have last week and still pitched a shutout against a big and fast team in Westbury Christian (also a basketball school).

The reason I have to go with the Bobcats on this one is because they return all of their skill players from last years team which beat a decent Kountze team last year 22-0.  Speed kills and HD has plenty of it this year. All four kids and the alternate on their state runner up sprint relay team are playing RB/WR this year including the state champion in the 100m and 200m dash. They bring even more small school speed to the table than Teneha did.

I do think that this will be a pretty close game though. I played for Coach Hodges at Hull-Daisetta before he went on to his head coach position at Kountze and he is a great coach. He was younger and less experienced then but he already had that drive and spirit that it takes to make kids believe they can win any game. I wish him and the entire Kountze team good luck for the rest of the season.

I call this one:

Hull-Daisetta -26

Kountze - 12

ya last year they beat us and stuff...that game was a screwed up one for us though...not cause of the refs or anything..but we had some players that really tore us apart and stuff...im not downin HD they aint bad at all....we jsut had some players that thought they were just the best and most of the players didnt wanna play for them or anything which threw us off focus...but this year we have all that crap fixed...but it should be a good game though...

[shadow=red,left]ya last year they beat us and stuff...that game was a screwed up one for us though...not cause of the refs or anything..but we had some players that really tore us apart and stuff...im not downin HD they aint bad at all....we jsut had some players that thought they were just the best and most of the players didnt wanna play for them or anything which threw us off focus...but this year we have all that crap fixed...but it should be a good game though...[/shadow]

I know Kounzte improved last year after getting some bad apples off the team. This is a different Lions team from last year with better attitude, team spirit and confidence. This is the same Hull-Daisetta team as last year, just with more speed and talent. Should make for a very interesting matchup.  Good luck to you guys.

Small enrollment or not ... Tenaha had four guys on the field who had huge numbers last year ...

QB had 1,180 yards, 12 TDs passing; 934 yards rushing

WR had 372 receiving, 934 rushing, 225 passing

RB 1,174 rushing, 17 TDs

LB had 97 tackles

The enrollments might be different by quite a bit, but there were 11 men on each side of the ball Friday night. Tenaha came loaded and Kountze took care of business.

I'm not saying (like our pal LumbertonBalla) that Kountze is going to win the 2A championship. All I'm saying is that they won a good game and they have a chance to really do something this year.

(Yes ... my son is a senior guard, so I'm a touch bit biased ... but realistic nonetheless.)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder