running backs

if you have a great running game with2 running backs who are same speed. who would start?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. if you have a great running game with2 running backs who are same speed. who would start?

• bigger stronger back
    • smaller back quicker

Bigger stronger back.  I completely agree with what Titan said.  Dude said same speed.  In my offense, it would be run plays with one cutback.  If my big back sees a hole he will shoot through it and if someone has an angle, he will drag them 5 yards.  A smaller back can be armtackled in that scenario.

Guest EagleFan01

Well in Newton they have one of each and they both start in the multiple wing T offense.... Mclemore is the bruiser but has the break away speed and Burch is the quicker one who gets all the outside stuff...

Guest WBFan09

id rather have someone who can run over someone all the time...at WB we have two guys who can run over people all though Albert is more of that type of player than Christian

If both have the same speed and so on, i would have to say start the one that fits offense scheme you are running.  Though they may both run the same .40 time, one may have better field vision, explosiveness, football I.Q. etc.  If were the coach, i would think it is a darn good problem to have :D  two backs who are interchangeable, a solid full-back..... sounds like depth to me.

It depends on which back can handle the pitch or catch a pass or block. Which includes blocking the right person. maybe one is a straight ahead runner and one is a slasher. But I think everyone has heard enough on this subject. Both will play and both are good backs. Let the coaches do the coaching, Remember theres no I in team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder