So its trumps fault we didnt take on corona sooner?

stevenash

Check this out! The first transcript is Fauci on the Today Show on February 29. The second is Fauci with Jake Tapper on Cnn Saturday (4/11). A video clip from the Today Show is out there. I've seen it; but can't find it now:
Jerry Percy

TODAY SHOW: So Dr. Fauci, it’s Saturday morning in America, people are waking up right now with real concerns about this; they want to go to malls, and movies, maybe the gym, as well. Should we be changing our habits, and if so, how? FAUCI: No. Right now at this moment, there is no need to change anything that you’re doing on a day-by-day basis. Right now the risk is still low, but this could change. I’ve said that many times, even on this program. You got watch out, because although the risk is low now, you don’t need to change anything you’re doing. When you start to see community spread, this could change, and force you to become much more attentive to doing things that would protect you from, spread. Fauci, who’s the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and on President Trump’s coronavirus task force, sounded very different on Sunday during an appearance on far-left CNN. CNNLOL: The New York Times reported yesterday that you and other top officials wanted to recommend social and physical distancing guidelines to President Trump as far back as the third week of February, but the administration didn’t announce such guidelines to the American public until March 16th, almost a month later. Why? FAUCI: As I’ve said many times, we look at it from a pure health standpoint. We make a recommendation. Often the recommendation is taken. Sometimes it’s not. But it is what it is. We are where we are right now. CNNLOL: Do you think lives could have been saved if social distancing, physical distancing, stay-at-home measures, had started the third week of February instead of mid-March? FAUCI: You know, Jake, again, it’s the what would have, what could have. It’s very difficult to go back and say that. I mean, obviously, you could logically say that if you had a process that was ongoing and you started mitigation earlier, you could have saved lives. Obviously, no one is going to deny that. But what goes into those kinds of decisions is complicated. But you’re right, I mean, obviously, if we had right from the very beginning shut everything down, it may have been a little bit different. But there was a lot of pushback about shutting things down back then. So as late as February 29, Fauci was not so much as telling us to wash our hands more often. In fact, he was telling us point blank it was okay to engage in three of the most risk-for-infection behaviors imaginable: crowded malls, crowded movie theaters, and sweaty gyms. But now he’s trying to claim he was telling the administration as far back as a week earlier that we needed to mitigate? This just doesn’t compute.

Dr. Fauci finally got pizzed off at the Media at today’s press conference.  The MSM showed today that they don’t send reporters to the press conference, they send Left Wing Activist.   Not a single media person attending would have talked to Obama like they talk to Trump.  Classless.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:59 PM, Reagan said:

While the Dims were worried about impeachment only, President Trump, at the end of last year, was dealing with the Caronavirus!

What did he do about it? He called the democrats reaction a hoax. You guys were on this site agreeing with him, comparing it to the flu.. I don't know anybody that has died from the flu. I personally know 2 people who have died due to the coronavirus.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

What did he do about it? He called the democrats reaction a hoax. You guys were on this site agreeing with him, comparing it to the flu.. I don't know anybody that has died from the flu. I personally know 2 people who have died due to the coronavirus.

Trump offered to send experts to China to help contain the virus. China said no. Get your facts straight. Why don’t you compare the virus to abortion deaths?

I know people who have died from the flu. I don’t know anyone who has died from coronavirus.

5 hours ago, Big girl said:

He started by stopping all flights to and from China and, at the same time, being called a xenophobe for an unnecessary action by Biden.  Isnt it convenient that you have no memory of that at all?

6 hours ago, Big girl said:

10 days after the first one in America was infected, he put a travel ban on.  Again -- your side called him racist for doing so!  What say you?

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

His predecessor waited until 1000 Americans died before declaring a national emergency.  ( incidentally, his predecessor was playing golf on the day he declared the national emergency regarding h-1N-1

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

His predecessor waited until 1000 Americans died before declaring a national emergency.  ( incidentally, his predecessor was playing golf on the day he declared the national emergency regarding h-1N-1

You, sir, have the memory of an elephant.